Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Universal Studios/Sea World > Universal Studios Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-18-2012, 12:38 PM   #16
wookiebeck
Fan of both WDW and USO

coolest...surprise...ever!

Congrats!
Old 10-18-2012, 01:03 PM   #17
Jonesloonybin
DIS Veteran

How sweet!

That is a really great surprise!! Congrats!!

Trips: May 2011 Pop/May 2012 Pop/February 2013 POFQ
Dining report:May 2011
May 2012 PTR: Don't tell them we are going back!
Jonesloonybin is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-18-2012, 01:17 PM   #18
BurleyGirl
DIS Veteran

Ahhh, that's so sweet! Congratulations!! Am enjoying reading your report!
DLH October '05 for the 50th!
YC December '06--First WDW Christmas!
GF October '08
YC November '14: making up for '13 cancelled trip
BurleyGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 02:30 PM   #19
LMichelleee
"Let us step into the night and pursue that flighty temptress, adventure." -A.D.

Day 1, Part 4

In Suess Landing we rode The Cat in the Hat real quick and headed back to Marvel Island. Bryan wanted to ride Spiderman again before we left for dinner and our quick trip to the other park. He loves that ride!

We then headed to Citywalk to find some dinner. Since we had received some coupons from the guy at our hotel, we decided on Margaritaville!

orlando 272

The atmosphere was great and the wait staff was really nice and friendly.

orlando 263

Bryan got the cheeseburger in paradise and I got the quesadillas.

orlando 266

orlando 267

Maybe its because were from Texas and we have really high standards for these two things but we wouldnt order these again for the price we paid. They werent terrible, just not great. I knew we should have ordered the volcano nachos! While there, I was finally able to call my mom and tell her the great news about the proposal. Since Bryan had told me that basically all our friends and family knew he was going to ask I didnt mention it right away. Haha, I asked how our cat was, where we were eating at, told her about our hotel, and some other things before I mentioned it. She started crying and said something like that should have been the first thing you said! Haha, my poor mom!

After dinner we headed on to Universal since they were open until 8.

orlando 277

We noticed that RRR didnt have too badly of a wait and since we wanted to see the Cinematic Spectacular, we did it then.

orlando 282

We had heard about a secret song list where if you hold down the logo it brings up a number pad where you can type that song number in. So many more to choose from! I really liked the ride a lot but it isnt one I can ride over and over again. I dont know if it was because we sat in the back or what but that ride threw my head all around the place. I tried keeping my rested on the back but that hurt even worse! The thing that worked for me was supporting my head with my hand and resting my elbow on the lap bar!

After riding RRR, we decided to ride Shrek 4D because we heard its a bit of letdown if you do it after Despicable Me! We thought it was cute, but not one we had to again soon. It was starting to get dark at this point so we walked around the park and made our way over to the lagoon. We got there when the show started and thought it was done very well. We loved what they did with the water, lasers and the fireworks! I just wish my camera would take good pictures at night. It was a wonderful way to end our first day at Universal!

INSTAGRAM: lmichelleee | TWITTER: laurenlovescats

ME: DH: LITTLE "ELLE":

WALT DISNEY WORLD & UNIVERSAL STUDIOS ORLANDO PASSHOLDER!

10/12 Universal Trip Report

Last edited by LMichelleee; 02-11-2013 at 04:23 PM.
LMichelleee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 11:37 PM   #20
LMichelleee
"Let us step into the night and pursue that flighty temptress, adventure." -A.D.

Day 2, Part 1- First Early Entry!

Hello everyone! Sorry for my lack of posts, I've been super busy trying to catch up on laundry, housework and been at work all weekend. Anyway, hope everyone is still there and reading!

DAY 2, LET'S GO!

We woke up around 7:15 am and got ready quickly. Had a bit of a late start, luckily I had showered the night before! Also last night I had a scare that there was no hairdryer provided! I eventually found it wrapped up in a bag hidden on the top shelf in the closetÖ Odd place but what a relief! We double checked and made sure we had our passes, AAA cards, three broomsticks tickets, confirmation coupon, express passes, room key, ID and money! Also took our handy refillable souvenir cup and a poncho for me so I can ride ripsaw falls and Jurassic park!

We decided we were going to walk to the parks today and set off! We were really surprised at how few people we saw on the walkway! We were told at check in that there is a huge convention going on and that the hotel was at 91 percent occupancy, so lots of business men and women!

We made it just in time for opening and took the shortcut through Suess Landing. I sure wish we knew about that last trip! It could have cut so much time off! Early entry to HP was AWESOME! Iíve said it before and Iíll say it again, we will never stay offsite again! We did Forbidden Journey 3 times!

Quick picture showing how great early entry is!

orlando 006

After that we headed towards The Three Broomsticks for our complimentary breakfasts. We had a couple choices such as English breakfast, American, salmon and a few more. Bryan and I both got the pancake breakfasts. They were very good and it had tons of food! Neither of us could finish our whole plates. The normal price was $15 a plate and it came with a drink. Love free!

orlando 308

We spent a bit more time in the Wizarding World by riding Dragon Challenge a few times, which probably wasnít the best idea after that big of a breakfast! We walked over to Olivanderís and noticed a good line had built up already so we deicided to do it another day. After all, we still had 3 more full days!

Since it was about 9:30 it started getting busy already in HP world. We went back through Suess Landing and rode the sneetches trolley (I cannot for the life of me remember the name of this ride! )

orlando 5 171

so I was able to get some good pictures of the area!

orlando 414

After that I convinced Bryan to ride One Fish, Two Fish and it was actually pretty fun! We looked pretty ridiculous being two adults riding it but it was a cute ride!

We finally made it to Marvel Island where we got our pictures taken with Wolverine and then Rogue and Storm. They're so nice to talk to! Once we got that done we went on Spiderman and Hulk. We love EP.

orlando 441

We realized we hadn't had a Butterbeer yet, so we went through Toon Lagoon and set off for some. We rode Ripsaw Falls and I used my poncho. Seriously one of the best tips I have gotten off the boards! Another tip we used is to get the Butterbeer at the Hogshead Pub. Got our 10% discount and waited a fraction of the time! On the way back through Bryan rode Ripsaw again while I finished up the Butterbeer. Love it frozen!

orlando 448

It was around noon at this point so we decided to head back to the hotel for a quick nap and maybe some snacks! More later!

Old 10-22-2012, 06:45 AM   #21
pattiken
Mouseketeer

Congradulations!!! Awesome report so far!!

me , DH , DS 16 , DD 11

universal studios..hard rock hotel 2012 trip report...http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3002065
7 days disney at staying at SSR...ongoing report sep 2012http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3008157
pattiken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 03:03 PM   #22
LMichelleee

Thank you everyone for all your kind words! I'm finishing up the end of this day and starting on Thursday, our first HHN!

Old 10-22-2012, 04:42 PM   #23
Tink2Day
DIS Veteran

Great REPORT! So far... Terrific pictures too.
Love the proposal, so sweet.

What a place to receive a marriage proposal, for a Potter fan I'd say that's a dream come true.

As far as the plane ride? Depends on the airline. Our flight at 7 a.m. as well as the one at 6 were on big planes. The second part of our trip (6 hrs total) was in an even bigger plane.
Tink2Day is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 02:39 AM   #24
LMichelleee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tink2Day View Post
Great REPORT! So far... Terrific pictures too.
Love the proposal, so sweet.

What a place to receive a marriage proposal, for a Potter fan I'd say that's a dream come true.

As far as the plane ride? Depends on the airline. Our flight at 7 a.m. as well as the one at 6 were on big planes. The second part of our trip (6 hrs total) was in an even bigger plane.
Thank you! He definitely surprised me with that one! Harry Potter is just that much more special to me now!

I think we were just so spoiled with JetBlue. Comfy and spacious seats, our own tv, choice of amazing snacks and drinks and it was in the middle of the afternoon when I or the attendants weren't' so cranky!

Old 10-23-2012, 02:44 AM   #25
LMichelleee

Day 2, Part 2

So we woke up around 1ish and slowly made our way back to IOA since it closed at 6. We went back to Marvel and did Hulk so we could fully wake back up!

orlando 533

We did Spiderman again too since we were so close. Why not, right? That's Bryan on his way to Spiderman with his new souvenir bag! So cute!

orlando 542

Aaaaaand we were right next to Dr. Doom so we did that one too!

orlando 530

We took our time walking through Suess Landing and Lost Continent taking lots of pictures so we could focus on rides later!

orlando 534

orlando 470

We made to the wizarding world and rode Forbidden Journey 4 times! I believe that makes the day count at 7! The lines were so short that they let us use the castle tour way instead of making us go out to the greenhouses. Thanks to that I am sure we got an extra ride out of that!

orlando 556

We slowly walked out of Hogsmeade and made our way to USO!

orlando 551

I think everyone had the same idea because the lines to get in were pretty long! We rode RRR and picked songs from the secret list again. I couldn't get mine to work this time so I got the generic one. I guess I just wasn't fast enough! Next time!

We didn't spend a lot of time here since it was pretty crowded and we had a long day. We walked over to Citywalk thinking about going to either NBA City or possibly the Nascar restaurant. After looking at the menus, we decided we didn't want to pay for the name again like what happened at Margaritaville! We headed towards the cheaper section and decided we would try the Pastamore cafe since we wanted something new. We tried Moe's last time and we already knew what Burger King () and Panda Express tastes like.

We almost tried the pasta and the subs but we are crazy pizza people so we got the pizza, salad and drink combo for about $8 each. Great deal, it was delicious! The salad was huge! Also, I'm a bit obsessed with olives and pickles and thought the olives tasted so good here! The options were Italian or Caeser.

orlando 590

orlando 592

After dinner we caught the boat back to the wonder RPR where I showered and we went to bed getting ourselves pumped for the next day, HHN!!!

Old 10-23-2012, 03:25 PM   #26
Jonesloonybin
DIS Veteran

I love your report so far!

Could you tell me about the short cut to WWoHP?

We are going to Universal for the first time in Jan!!

Old 10-23-2012, 04:11 PM   #27
LMichelleee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonesloonybin View Post
I love your report so far!

Could you tell me about the short cut to WWoHP?

We are going to Universal for the first time in Jan!!
Thank you! Here is the post that I was referring to. He has a nice map color coded and everything!

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2919195

Once you go into Suess Landing, stay left towards Green Eggs and Ham and keep going. It doesn't cut out major time but it definitely saved us steps and we cut in front of a lot of the crowds!

Old 10-23-2012, 04:33 PM   #28
LMichelleee

Day 3, Part 1- IOA

So initially our plan was to spend the whole day at Universal Studios but that all changed when we didnít want to waste a perfectly good early entry in the wizarding world! We were so glad we did because we got to ride Forbidden Journey 3 times! We had some issues with opening our locker though and after many tries we finally got in, but had to pay $3. Oh well. We grabbed our stuff and got in line for Ollivanders. I did not get a chance to do this our last trip so I was very happy to get to do it now!

orlando 029

We thought the show was very cute and Mr. Ollivander was quite the actor! There were a couple kids in our group but an adult was chosen. After he found her wand he paid attention to the little kids and asked them questions too. So cute! By this time we had worked up an appetite and kept talking about how awesome and filling our breakfasts were yesterday. He finally just said what we both were thinking and we made our way to Three Broomsticks.

Since it was a bit pricey but had a ton of food we decided to split it. The weather was nice and not gross sticky hot, so we sat outside and enjoyed a nice, quiet breakfast with a beautiful view of Hogwarts.

orlando 037

orlando 045

orlando 040

We took more pictures of the view and set off for Dragon Challenge, where I took even more pictures! When we went to get our bags from the lockers we had more issues! Side note, I always takes pictures of our locker number so we donít forget it. I take my camera on the rides with me since itís tiny and I loop wrist strap through the belt loop on my shorts, so this way if it does fall out of my pocket, it hangs on tight to my shorts! Anyway, back to the locker issueÖ I told the locker attendant what locker it was in and he opened the ones around it! He then said it wasnít that locker station and we had it wrong. WHAT! We told him we knew it was that one and to please open that exact one. After about 15 minutes of trying to get into our locker we showed him our IDís and we headed towards Toon Lagoon.

It was getting warm by now and we could use a refreshing trip on Ripsaw Falls!

orlando 5 113

Another tip, hang your poncho on the shower rod overnight so it doesnít stink the next day! Haha, I guess I was so exhausted I forgot to do this and I smelled pretty interesting with it on! We had so much fun riding it and Bryan wanted to keep doing it but he didnít want to get his clothes soaked. We then decided to skip going to Universal again in the morning so we could have a fun wet rides morning in our bathing suits!

Since he was wet and we were going to have a long night ahead of us we went to the hotel for a lovely lunch of uncrustables, chips and crackers!

This whole trip I have had my eye on a Gryffindor scarf. I had some birthday money to spend but had been holding off buying it because I didnít know which one to choose. Do I go with the flashy one with the crest, or the more subtle one with just the red and gold stripes? Find out on the next post! Just kidding, I got the subtle one! Up next US and Finneganís!

orlando 017

This lovely mannequin modeling my new scarf!

Old 10-24-2012, 12:35 PM   #29
Jonesloonybin
DIS Veteran

Great post! Looks like a fun morning!

I am a little worried about the locker situation. I really don't like that you have to put all your stuff in a locker. I wear a fanny pack (stylish, I know) because of my fibromyalgia and I wonder if they will make me take that off too?

Sorry you had such a hard time with the lockers and the attendant!

Oh and thanks for the link!

Old 10-26-2012, 12:40 AM   #30
LMichelleee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonesloonybin View Post
Great post! Looks like a fun morning!

I am a little worried about the locker situation. I really don't like that you have to put all your stuff in a locker. I wear a fanny pack (stylish, I know) because of my fibromyalgia and I wonder if they will make me take that off too?

Sorry you had such a hard time with the lockers and the attendant!

Oh and thanks for the link!

Thanks! Yeah, the lockers were acting a bit funny this time. This past May we had zero issues so who knows. I'd rather have the lockers than nothing. At Disney it made me nervous when I had to bring my backpack on the ride. I saw people getting on rides with fanny packs still on. It may be tight on Forbidden Journey though. Glad you found the link helpful!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: