Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-23-2012, 10:41 AM   #1
baleeve
"I want adventure in the great wide somewhere -- I want it more than I can tell

MDR rotation change?

On a 4 day cruise on the dream are you able to change your repeat dining room to a different dining room? Example ARER to AREE?

Dance Team WDW Jul 80 Navy Graduation EPCOT Mar 88 Disneyland Mom 1 day trip April 88 Carnival Jubilee Aug 91 MK 1 day Mom Mar 95 Johns 1st visit POR Apr 96 WDW FWC Trip with Papa Sep 97 WDW FWC Family trip Dec 98 WDW POFQ/FWC - Work trip Mar 01 Sovereign of the Seas Sept 00 Owens 1st visit FWCG March 03 WDW 8 months prego w/Brady Jan 05 Carnival Fantasy Jun 07 WDW 1 day AK trip Mom Jan 08 Brady's 1st visit/Mardi Gras POFQ Feb 09 First Xmas at WDW/1st year remission celebration POP Dec 10 WDW AKL 4th yr remission celebration Aug 13 Magic/LBV/DTD Feb 2014
baleeve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 12:17 PM   #2
crashbb
DIS Veteran

You can try to change to an entirely different rotation, but you wouldn't be able to change just one night - someone would already be at that table.

In your example, you have ARER and want AREE - that's only changing the last night. The people on rotatio ERAE (making up the rotation) are already eating in E on the fourth night. You could, however, try to change to ERAE, which would give you E twice (as in your example).
crashbb is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-23-2012, 12:45 PM   #3
baleeve
"I want adventure in the great wide somewhere -- I want it more than I can tell

Quote:
Originally Posted by crashbb
You can try to change to an entirely different rotation, but you wouldn't be able to change just one night - someone would already be at that table.

In your example, you have ARER and want AREE - that's only changing the last night. The people on rotatio ERAE (making up the rotation) are already eating in E on the fourth night. You could, however, try to change to ERAE, which would give you E twice (as in your example).
Being a newbie I didn't realize I worded that wrong, you're right. Silly me. I was just hoping to get Animators twice and not RP twice.

Thanks...you answered my question. Glad you read newbie language. Tee hee.

Dance Team WDW Jul 80 Navy Graduation EPCOT Mar 88 Disneyland Mom 1 day trip April 88 Carnival Jubilee Aug 91 MK 1 day Mom Mar 95 Johns 1st visit POR Apr 96 WDW FWC Trip with Papa Sep 97 WDW FWC Family trip Dec 98 WDW POFQ/FWC - Work trip Mar 01 Sovereign of the Seas Sept 00 Owens 1st visit FWCG March 03 WDW 8 months prego w/Brady Jan 05 Carnival Fantasy Jun 07 WDW 1 day AK trip Mom Jan 08 Brady's 1st visit/Mardi Gras POFQ Feb 09 First Xmas at WDW/1st year remission celebration POP Dec 10 WDW AKL 4th yr remission celebration Aug 13 Magic/LBV/DTD Feb 2014
baleeve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 01:02 PM   #4
neg58
DIS Veteran

My understanding is that on the 4 day Dream, the 3rd and 4th nights repeat. the third night is the pirate night, which has the same menu in each restaurant, so while you are repeating the restaurant, you aren't repeating the food.

If you are a smaller party, I bet they can make it work however you want. People go to Remy's and Palo. The ship may not be full so there will be empty seats, especially at the second seating. If you're flexible, I bet they can do it.
neg58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 01:02 PM   #5
Melissa S
DIS Veteran

Keep in mind that the menus do not repeat. On a 4 night you would have each of the MDR's signature menu and then Pirate Night menu which is the same for everyone. For example if you were hoping to be in AP two nights for the "show" it would only happen on the night that you are there for their signature menu the other night would be a another theme.

Magic October 27, 2013 (5 night Halloween on the High Seas)
Wonder March 2, 2013 (5 night)
Magic September 7, 2012 (5 night)
Magic June 2, 2012 (8 night)
Dream December 26, 2011 (3 night)
Melissa S is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: