Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-23-2012, 10:52 AM   #601
sthissell
Earning My Ears

Hi!

Hi everyone. My name is Sarah and my family is so very excited to be cruising next summer. We experienced the magic of our first Disney cruise on the Fantasy this past summer and had an amazing time. I am cruising with my three kids and my in-laws. It is a bit bittersweet because my husband and I always wanted to do a Mediterranean cruise. Next summer will be the 5th anniversary of his death and would have been our 15th wedding anniversary, so this trip is in his memory.

My disname is sthissell. We will be in two rooms...
Sarah (me), Becca (dd 12), Nick (ds 7), Toria (dd 5), Merrilee (MIL) and Rick (FIL). We live in NH (although some of my friends think we live in Disneyworld). We'll be second seating, staterooms 6110 and 6108 and would love to do all of the exchanges.

I can't wait to meet all of you!
sthissell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 08:19 PM   #602
tinkerbelltwins
DIS Veteran

Welcome!

Welcome Aboard Sarah, Becca, Nick, Toria, Merrilee and Rick! You have been added to our Roll Call!

Disney Magic: Western Caribbean Halloween 10/30/10; NY to Nowhere 6/15/12; Southern Caribbean 10/11/14; Repo from San Juan to PC, 10/18/14; Magic in the Med 8/29/15
Disney Dream: Bahamas Birthday 5/19/11; Bahamas Double-Dip 8/16/11
Disney Wonder: Alaska 8/13/12
Disney Fantasy: Eastern Caribbean Thanksgiving 11/17/12; Eastern Caribbean 8/23/14
tinkerbelltwins is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-27-2012, 04:54 PM   #603
Eleblanc
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by sthissell View Post
Hi everyone. My name is Sarah and my family is so very excited to be cruising next summer. We experienced the magic of our first Disney cruise on the Fantasy this past summer and had an amazing time. I am cruising with my three kids and my in-laws. It is a bit bittersweet because my husband and I always wanted to do a Mediterranean cruise. Next summer will be the 5th anniversary of his death and would have been our 15th wedding anniversary, so this trip is in his memory.

Sarah (me), Becca (dd 12), Nick (ds 7), Toria (dd 5), Merrilee (MIL) and Rick (FIL). We live in NH (although some of my friends think we live in Disneyworld). We'll be second seating, staterooms 6110 and 6108 and would love to do all of the exchanges.

Sarah, welcome to the group. We have a sign up sheet on the first page, post #4 for the fish extender and secret mickey exchanges. You can add your name to the spreed sheet there and modify the info any time.

Eileen
Eleblanc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 05:05 PM   #604
MrsG
We teachers ARE the worst!
I'm not sure how I'll be affected
Do I have to resort to FLUFF?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sthissell View Post

Welcome aboard Sarah and family!!!!
Old 10-31-2012, 03:50 PM   #605
eeyorefanuk
DIS Veteran

Hi

Was wondering if anyone knew why no 13 July cruise showing now. It must be sold out already

Last edited by eeyorefanuk; 11-01-2012 at 02:11 AM.
eeyorefanuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 08:28 AM   #606
MrsG

Quote:
Originally Posted by eeyorefanuk View Post
Hi

Was wondering if anyone knew why no 13 July cruise showing now. It must be sold out already
Yes, I looked as well. Only the July 25 with Venice shows up. Knew this would be popular, but surprised it is sold out so early on.
Old 11-02-2012, 07:42 AM   #607
Newfoundland Sailor
Mouseketeer

Disney Excursions

I know the DCL excursions aren't posted yet...and we won't see them for a few more months.

But while lurking on another meet site I found this link which outlines some of the excursions (and prices) from the 2011 cruises.

http://www.worldofmouse.com/2011-med-excursions.html

I thought that those overplanners (like me) might like a little something to go on before DCL releases their 2013 excursions.

Check out my Med Pre-trip Report: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3078020
Newfoundland Sailor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 07:05 PM   #608
NejTheLion
Jellyfish Jen

Whew! This thread is really hopping!

We're still recovering from the DIS London/Paris trip, but are thrilled to be going back to Europe next year. We have a bunch of DVC points saved up to take care of the cruise.

We were on the very first DCL Med cruise back in 2007 and have been on many others, so happy to help with any questions people have. And now we have some Disneyland Paris experience to share, too, since it looks like some folks will be heading there.

Here's our information:

Jen (NejTheLion)
Debbi (TheFairyGodmother) - mother
Barry (BarTheBear) - father

Springfield, VA
Second seating
Stateroom 8028

Next Trip: Podcast Cruise 5.0

Only took 83 nights with DCL to become Platinum*1st Panama Canal Cruise 2005*1st Mediterranean Cruise 2007*1st Baltic Cruise 2010*Podcast Cruise 2.0*Disney Dream Maiden Voyage 2011*DIS Unplugged ABD Backstage Magic Jul-Aug 2011*Podcast Cruise 3.0*DIS Unplugged ABD London/Paris 2012*DIS Unplugged ABD Backstage Magic Dec 2013*Podcast Cruise 5.0
NejTheLion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 07:07 PM   #609
MrsG

Quote:
Originally Posted by eeyorefanuk View Post
Hi

Quote:
Originally Posted by NejTheLion View Post
Whew! This thread is really hopping!

We're still recovering from the DIS London/Paris trip, but are thrilled to be going back to Europe next year. We have a bunch of DVC points saved up to take care of the cruise.

We were on the very first DCL Med cruise back in 2007 and have been on many others, so happy to help with any questions people have. And now we have some Disneyland Paris experience to share, too, since it looks like some folks will be heading there.

Here's our information:

Jen (NejTheLion)
Debbi (TheFairyGodmother) - mother
Barry (BarTheBear) - father

Springfield, VA
Second seating
Stateroom 8028
Welcome!! Be sure to check out our first page that has tons of helpful info!
Old 11-03-2012, 07:08 PM   #610
NejTheLion
Jellyfish Jen

Quote:
Originally Posted by DizC1288 View Post
Incase others didn't see this on the facebook page where I posted this....

With reference to your room reservations at the Renaissance Barcelona Airport Hotel we would like to inform you that as of November 1st, 2012 this hotel will no longer operate under the Renaissance name and is no longer part of Marriott International. It goes without saying that your current reservations will of course continue to exist at this hotel rebranded as Barcelona Airport Hotel

What are others going to do that were booked here? Stay with your ressies or find something else?

It is such a good price....but who knows if they are going to be with breakfast and transfers to the port???!?! I haven't called or responsed to them to know any of these questions.

Cyndi
On the London/Paris trip, we were supposedly staying at the Renaissance Chancery Court. By the time our trip came around, ownership had transferred away from Marriott. Same experience in Paris - the Hilton Arc de Triomphe was no longer a Hilton.

We had excellent experiences at both hotels and had no concern with them no longer being brands we knew. So, while that doesn't necessarily speak to this hotel, all I can say is it shouldn't immediately cause concern.

Only took 83 nights with DCL to become Platinum*1st Panama Canal Cruise 2005*1st Mediterranean Cruise 2007*1st Baltic Cruise 2010*Podcast Cruise 2.0*Disney Dream Maiden Voyage 2011*DIS Unplugged ABD Backstage Magic Jul-Aug 2011*Podcast Cruise 3.0*DIS Unplugged ABD London/Paris 2012*DIS Unplugged ABD Backstage Magic Dec 2013*Podcast Cruise 5.0
Old 11-03-2012, 07:09 PM   #611
NejTheLion
Jellyfish Jen

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsG View Post
Welcome!! Be sure to check out our first page that has tons of helpful info!
And it may be that the cruise is sold out. We booked on opening day for Platinum Castaway Club. I'm just very slow in getting around to posting things

Old 11-03-2012, 07:14 PM   #612
MrsG

Quote:
And it may be that the cruise is sold out. We booked on opening day for Platinum Castaway Club. I'm just very slow in getting around to posting things
Yes, I think it is. Someone posted on Facebook that it was sold out. We also did the Med in 2007. Can't wait to go back! We booked opening day for Gold Castaway. Platinum someday........
Old 11-04-2012, 01:06 AM   #613
LovesToRun
DIS Veteran

temperatures in the Med

Hi everyone,

It's been a while since I've posted... been busy here!! But, we have our flights all booked (we are flying British Airways with layovers in London) , and have our hotel booked for Barcelona (pre-cruise) , and are working on our plans for the time in Europe we'll be spending pre-cruise and post-cruise , so it's pretty exciting!!

My parents will be coming with us on the cruise, and they just started to have second thoughts about going on the cruise only because of the temperatures in the Med in July. They think it's going to be over 100 degrees F the entire time, but I keep telling them I don't think it'll be THAT hot. I mean, I know it's going to be hot, but I don't think it'll be over 100 the entire time. I am thinking it'll be in the 90's and maybe the high 80's, or am I completely wrong? Does anyone know from experience what to expect for temperatures in July? Is it just unbearable, or is it not too bad? Also, does anyone know if it's a dry heat or is it really humid?

My DH, kids and I love heat, so we aren't worried a bit about how hot it could be, and we've traveled to very hot places before, so we know how to handle the heat(both dry heat and humid heat). But, my parents really get miserable if it's high 90's and for sure into the 100's.

I am expecting Greece will be HOT and so will Malta. And, I know the rest of the ports will be hot, but I'm guessing the other ports should be a bit cooler than Greece and Malta???

Is there anyone here who has cruised the Med in July and can give insight on what the typical temperatures might be during the time of our cruise?

We are getting SO excited!!!!
LovesToRun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 09:06 AM   #614
tajz90
Mama D

We cruised Med in 07. The week before, temps were close or over 100's. When we went, the temps had cooled a lot and a couple of ports, I had to wear a light jacket. It was weird weather. Plan on hot, but prepared in case it's not with a light rain jacket.
tajz90 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 09:30 AM   #615
MrsG

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by tajz90 View Post
We cruised Med in 07. The week before, temps were close or over 100's. When we went, the temps had cooled a lot and a couple of ports, I had to wear a light jacket. It was weird weather. Plan on hot, but prepared in case it's not with a light rain jacket.
Same for us. I expected it to be extremely warm, but found it not to be as warm as it is here on Long Island during the dog days of summer. The only time I remember being really hot was in Pompeii, but other than that, not too hot at all. If they find it is too warm that day, they can just stay on the ship and enjoy all the Magic has to offer. If they book excursions through Disney, all of the buses, etc. have airconditioning and bottled water. Disney is very mindful of keeping their guest happy on excursions. May cost a little more, but very well worth it.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: