Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Global Neighbours > Other Lands > Australia
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-22-2012, 10:10 PM   #106
Andona
Destroyer of the Aussie Dollar

Quote:
Originally Posted by australiankaren
Sept 7 syd-lax-mco ..going to be a long day...
Sept 7-15 WDW :BLT studio or BWV 1 bedroom (cant decide,using same amount of points) using AP from this year
Sept 15-29 back to back cruises RCCL freedom
Sept 29 mco-lax
Sept 30 Macys shopping
Oct 1 lax-syd

Oct 3 arr Syd

away 26 days.....Dh doesnt want to be away any longer.

flying ANZ kissy kissy and either Delta or Frontier in USA..depends on $$$ and schedule.

Sounds wonderful!! Just hope you don't have those racing-through-Auckland-international-terminal dramas that we had this year!

Andona

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards
2005: DL - 3/50 states | 2007- UK & Paris | 2008: WDW - 14/50 states| 2009: DL - 18/50 States | 2011 European roadtrip - ANZAC day in France | 2012: USA Coast to Coast Roadtrip! 25/50 states Read my TR|2013 Italy

Dec 2014 Hawaii Here We Come!

Aug 2015 Pacific Northwest Roadtrip finishing up in DL. Yay!
Andona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 11:22 PM   #107
5ofus
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andona View Post
Sounds wonderful!! Just hope you don't have those racing-through-Auckland-international-terminal dramas that we had this year!

Andona

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards
I think she should see it as a challenge and try to set a new PB!

5ofus is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-23-2012, 03:13 AM   #108
Tashinwdw
Holidays at WDW - closest I will ever get to being a Princess

Hi everyone, new to this site. Wish I knew about it 6 months ago. We have just returned from a 2 week holiday at Boardwalk WDW and las Vegas. As we were leaving Boardwalk for the airport DH was requesting we come back. (this is the same man it took me 15 years to convince to get on a plane and travel overseas LOL). So the planning starts again. Nothing booked yet as waiting on flight deals as a family of six we need the bargains, but the plan is for the month of September with 14+ days at WDW, depending on money other places will be added.
Any advice on flight deals would be helpful, for 2012 we booked our flights in Feb with a deal from Air NewZealand, would like to book sooner but have not found any cheap deals, so please let me know if anyone knows of any.
Its going to make it more exciting to have other ppl planning similar holidays at the same time.
Natasha

Disneyland & WDW 1996 WDW at Boardwalk 2012
Bring on 2014 WDW, DCL and Disneyland YAY!
Tashinwdw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 04:05 AM   #109
Andona

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tashinwdw View Post
Hi everyone, new to this site. Wish I knew about it 6 months ago. We have just returned from a 2 week holiday at Boardwalk WDW and las Vegas. As we were leaving Boardwalk for the airport DH was requesting we come back. (this is the same man it took me 15 years to convince to get on a plane and travel overseas LOL). So the planning starts again. Nothing booked yet as waiting on flight deals as a family of six we need the bargains, but the plan is for the month of September with 14+ days at WDW, depending on money other places will be added.
Any advice on flight deals would be helpful, for 2012 we booked our flights in Feb with a deal from Air NewZealand, would like to book sooner but have not found any cheap deals, so please let me know if anyone knows of any.
Its going to make it more exciting to have other ppl planning similar holidays at the same time.
Natasha
Hi Natasha, and welcome to the DIS!

We came home from WDW about 2 weeks ago and also flew with AirNZ this time ( we also booked in February - probably got the same great deal that you did! )

I think you'll find you probably have to wait till around the same time next year to pick up good deals for September next year, they don't seem to come out much earlier than that. And, if you can bear to wait longer you may pick up even better fares.

Did you enjoy the Boardwalk? We were staying across the lake at the Beach Club and loved it

Andona
2005: DL - 3/50 states | 2007- UK & Paris | 2008: WDW - 14/50 states| 2009: DL - 18/50 States | 2011 European roadtrip - ANZAC day in France | 2012: USA Coast to Coast Roadtrip! 25/50 states Read my TR|2013 Italy

Old 10-23-2012, 04:12 AM   #110
WanderlustNZ
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Natasha
Welcome from another newbie.
I agree that you will probably need to wait for the deals. Unless you are looking at the very end of Sep/start of Oct like myself, in which case I would recommend considering booking early.
I can only travel in and around school holidays, and I know from years of research that ANZ aren't very good at offering specials over these periods.
WanderlustNZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 07:20 AM   #111
alicia1506
DIS Veteran

Welcome tashinwdw. Repeat ttips are fabulous. Cant wait to follow along as your plans unfold
Old 10-23-2012, 02:45 PM   #112
KiwiMouseGirl
Mouseketeer

Feeling REALLY excited about our trip this week for some reason. I love feeling the Disney magic!! At the moment we are in save Save SAVE mode as we are booking our flights and accomodation in Feb. I rung the travel agent and we only have to put down $100 deposit on our flights, and our accomodation doesn't have to be payed until 6 weeks before our trip. I'd still like to pay as much of it as possible, if not all, when we book. Then I can start saving for the fun stuff Just a quick question, has anyone had experiance booking their flights and accomodation staying onsite through a travel agent deal. We are planning on staying at the PPH, but will have annual passes and I am still wanting to get our discount if possible. The 'sample' deal that the travel agent sent was return flights including 5?? nights accomodation. We would have to pay the difference to upgrade those 5 nights to the PPH, but are we able to use our AP discount to the extra 10 or so nights we would need to add?
Old 10-23-2012, 03:13 PM   #113
5ofus
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiwiMouseGirl
Feeling REALLY excited about our trip this week for some reason. I love feeling the Disney magic!! At the moment we are in save Save SAVE mode as we are booking our flights and accomodation in Feb. I rung the travel agent and we only have to put down $100 deposit on our flights, and our accomodation doesn't have to be payed until 6 weeks before our trip. I'd still like to pay as much of it as possible, if not all, when we book. Then I can start saving for the fun stuff Just a quick question, has anyone had experiance booking their flights and accomodation staying onsite through a travel agent deal. We are planning on staying at the PPH, but will have annual passes and I am still wanting to get our discount if possible. The 'sample' deal that the travel agent sent was return flights including 5?? nights accomodation. We would have to pay the difference to upgrade those 5 nights to the PPH, but are we able to use our AP discount to the extra 10 or so nights we would need to add?
Sorry Kiwimouse, I haven't used an agent in years.

I had one of those super-excited weeks last week, they tend to come and go for me . This week I have too much other stuff going on to play with Disney though

Old 10-23-2012, 03:27 PM   #114
Tashinwdw
Holidays at WDW - closest I will ever get to being a Princess

Thanks everyone for welcome and advice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andona View Post
Hi Natasha, and welcome to the DIS!

We came home from WDW about 2 weeks ago and also flew with AirNZ this time ( we also booked in February - probably got the same great deal that you did! )

I think you'll find you probably have to wait till around the same time next year to pick up good deals for September next year, they don't seem to come out much earlier than that. And, if you can bear to wait longer you may pick up even better fares.

Did you enjoy the Boardwalk? We were staying across the lake at the Beach Club and loved it

Andona
We really loved the Boardwalk, our original plan was to stay at the BeachClub but we got a package deal through disney and it was not available - as we needed a villa to fit us all in. But we all fell in love with BW and that's probably where we will go back to, if BC is available this time we may be tempted. DH and I loved getting up early and walking around the lake or just sitting at the boardwalk and watching the day begin. What did you think the best part of the BC was? I have heard the pool is fantastic.

Disneyland & WDW 1996 WDW at Boardwalk 2012
Bring on 2014 WDW, DCL and Disneyland YAY!
Tashinwdw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 04:38 PM   #115
australiankaren
I do love me my free H20...thank you Mickey.....DVC member BLT & VB....I HATE #MYDISNEYEXPERIENCE

Quote:

We really loved the Boardwalk, our original plan was to stay at the BeachClub but we got a package deal through disney and it was not available - as we needed a villa to fit us all in. But we all fell in love with BW and that's probably where we will go back to, if BC is available this time we may be tempted. DH and I loved getting up early and walking around the lake or just sitting at the boardwalk and watching the day begin. What did you think the best part of the BC was? I have heard the pool is fantastic.
welcome to the boards...

now we are going to try BWV this coming trip so any advice, info, pics would be great.....

BTW having a REALLY BAD day today..so need some disney magic
australiankaren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 04:47 PM   #116
shushh
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by australiankaren View Post
welcome to the boards...

now we are going to try BWV this coming trip so any advice, info, pics would be great.....

What's up? Are you ok?
May 2011 Hong Kong Disneyland TR
Sep 2011 Salt Lake City, Disneyland TR
Dec 2012 France, Disneyland Paris, Italy, Cruise to the Holy Land
May 2013 Tokyo Disney Sea TR
Dec 2013 WDW, Caribbean Cruise Disney Fantasy, Caribbean Cruise Allure of the Seas, Disneyland
Jun 2015 Disney Wonder Alaskan Cruise
shushh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 05:21 PM   #117
Andona

Quote:

What did you think the best part of the BC was? I have heard the pool is fantastic.
Yes, Stormalong Bay is just amazing - more than a pool really. The Jib slide is a lot of fun and if you have little ones the sandy beach area is fantastic for letting them play. We don't have little ones so spent most of our time in the lazy river and some of the lovely little nooks and crannies scattered around the pool.

When we checked in we discovered that they had made us "Family of the Day" and we were unexpectedly upgraded to Club Level; that was a lovely surprise and probably accounts for my love of the BC The cast members in the lobby and on the club level were just wonderful.

I loved the decor in the lobby and the location for us was fabulous as Epcot is our favourite park.

The ironic thing is we didn't eat in any of the sit down restaurants at the Beach Club/Yacht Club, we were booked in for breakfast at the Captains Grille but when we were upgraded to club level I cancelled those ressies as we had free breakfast in the club lounge instead. We did have a quick lunch at the Beach Club Marketplace one day so I can't really comment on the restaurants. Beaches and Cream gets consistent raves though.

Quote:
welcome to the boards...

Sorry to hear that, Karen Feel free to share, you know you have sympathetic ears here...
Try to think of February... and those incredibly cheap fares!

Andona

Old 10-23-2012, 06:59 PM   #118
australiankaren
I do love me my free H20...thank you Mickey.....DVC member BLT & VB....I HATE #MYDISNEYEXPERIENCE

Ot

I have a DS2 who is 20, neck high in debt from previous accidents being uninsured plus speeding fines(aprox $20K+ ) who changes jobs every month, who I have just registered/insured($700) his car against his fathers wishes ,to allow him to get himself to work, and find out last night he doesn't have a valid license...and hasn't since may.

I now am at home today because I just cant face the world..its ongoing...and now I had a tradesman rock up asking for DS2 who also owes him money...it just doesn't stop. His dad now blames me for allowing him to move back home and bringing all this drama and stress back into the house.So DH is still in bed totally drained and upset, and it takes a lot to get DH flustered let alone depressed.

We built a flat for him and his GF so they could get back on their feet finacially and be in a safe place, but its just getting worse...and with the DS1 now being at home going thru a divorce, and the 3 GK's here every weekend I feel so overwhelmed. My mother is also being difficult and causing drama, trying to play the boys against each other and us..its just too much.

Sorry for the offload but I just cant do this anymore.
australiankaren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 07:24 PM   #119
Travel Mum
DIS Veteran

Oh Karen, I have no words just a from all of us on here.
Disneyland - May 1996
Disneyland - March 1995 - for our 1st wedding anniversary celebration trip
Disneyland lots of times 78-80, 82-86 and 92-93 when I lived in L.A.
Travel Mum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 09:49 PM   #120
5ofus
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I have a DS2 who is 20, neck high in debt from previous accidents being uninsured plus speeding fines(aprox $20K+ ) who changes jobs every month, who I have just registered/insured($700) his car against his fathers wishes ,to allow him to get himself to work, and find out last night he doesn't have a valid license...and hasn't since may.

I now am at home today because I just cant face the world..its ongoing...and now I had a tradesman rock up asking for DS2 who also owes him money...it just doesn't stop. His dad now blames me for allowing him to move back home and bringing all this drama and stress back into the house.So DH is still in bed totally drained and upset, and it takes a lot to get DH flustered let alone depressed.

We built a flat for him and his GF so they could get back on their feet finacially and be in a safe place, but its just getting worse...and with the DS1 now being at home going thru a divorce, and the 3 GK's here every weekend I feel so overwhelmed. My mother is also being difficult and causing drama, trying to play the boys against each other and us..its just too much.

Sorry for the offload but I just cant do this anymore.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: