Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-21-2012, 10:17 PM   #1
emer95
DIS Veteran

Am I misunderstanding my TA? re: AoA being sold out

Hello all,
We have a terrific travel agent that we have used many times before. I usually do most of my communicating with her through email, since it's easiest for us both. I am trying to book a trip in August in a Little Mermaid room. She booked my trip in Finding Nemo (huge cost increase, and we don't need a suite) so I corrected her. This is what she wrote back:

"Ariel Section, Little Mermaid rooms are all sold out with the magic moments discount I changed it to the standard rate...do you want to go to Pop Century instead? "

I emailed her back for clarification, but until I hear from her, do any of you know what this means? Can we still stay at AoA, but not get a discount? Do we even want to stay there if it's going to be THAT crowded (or are the resorts usually sold out? I have no idea).

We have stayed at Pop twice before so we'd rather not do it again. I have seen commercials for a promo that says $72 (I think) per person per day at select All Star resorts. So we are thinking of possibly doing that if it saves us a lot of money, or maybe upgrading to Port Orleans to try another moderate. We've already done Coronado and we like to try new places.

Any advice?
Old 10-21-2012, 10:33 PM   #2
Good Morning Dewdrop
DIS Veteran

Let's see if I can answer some of your questions

AoA Little Mermaid rooms aren't being discounted at this time (or if they are it's only via personal pin). There are probably non-discounted rooms stilll available for August but they may be sold out (it's been a very popular choice)

We stayed there when all of the LM rooms were sold out (the opening weekend for LM) and it really wasn't crowded. The pool wasn't crowded nor was the food court area. We didn't even wait long to check in or talk to the concierge.

We've stayed at the All Stars a lot - mainly because it does save us $$ and allows us to visit Disney more often. We prefer All Stars to POP - they're smaller and to us more comfortable. We've stayed at POFQ and while it was very nice we didn't think it was really worth the extra money.

Previous Magical Adventures:
  • AP #3 September 2013 - AS Music; November 2013 - AS Music; January 2014 - AS Music; May 2014 SWW AS Music
    AP #2 January 2013 - AS Music: October 2012 - AS Music; September 2012 - AoA - LM opening day!; April 2012 - AS Sports; January/February 2012 - AS Music
  • AP #1 September 2011 - AS Music; May 2011 - AS Music - D23 Scavenger Hunt - Team "Pixie Dust"!!; February 2011 - AS Music; December 2010 - POFQ; September 2010 - AS Music
  • September 2009 - AS Music & CBR
  • January 2009 - AS Music
  • January 2008 - POP
  • January 2007 - AS Movies
Good Morning Dewdrop is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-21-2012, 10:34 PM   #3
Starclassic
‎"The way to get started is to quit talking and begin doing." ~Walt Disney

I'm not sure about the "magic moments" discount, but I know the LM rooms are excluded from the discounts through Disney.

Feb.2012 ASMu, Feb.2013 ASMu, Feb.2015 Pop

Starclassic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 05:52 AM   #4
Marionnette
Wishing On A Star
I stop in the middle and make others step over me while pretending not to understand English

Quote:
Originally Posted by emer95 View Post
We have stayed at Pop twice before so we'd rather not do it again. I have seen commercials for a promo that says $72 (I think) per person per day at select All Star resorts. So we are thinking of possibly doing that if it saves us a lot of money, or maybe upgrading to Port Orleans to try another moderate. We've already done Coronado and we like to try new places.

Any advice?
The "as low as $72 per person per day" come-on advertisements are based on low season and a family of 4 (2 adults, 1 junior, 1 child) in a standard room at a value resort for a specific number of nights. It's just an estimate of the daily cost. If you choose a preferred location, have more than 1 junior, or vacation during a busier time, the rate will be higher. If it is a discount, the promotion may end before your August vacation. But it's entirely possible that it is just the rack rate price for a 2013 package.

The Magic Moments discount sounds like it's AAA? That's all that I could find on Google and it makes sense since it's the only discount that I know of that is currently available for next August. Like all other discounts, certain resorts, times of year and room types can be excluded. TBH, the AAA discount is not all that wonderful and chances are very good that a better rate, which may include the LM rooms, will come out late in the spring for August stays.

Marionnette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 07:42 AM   #5
discookiemonsta
Mouseketeer

[QUOTE=emer95;46510298]
"Ariel Section, Little Mermaid rooms are all sold out with the magic moments discount I changed it to the standard rate...do you want to go to Pop Century instead? "
/QUOTE]

This part popped out at me "I changed it to the standard rate" I wonder if she means that she changed your reservation to the LM section, but there are no discounts available to it's going to be the standard rate and if you wanted the magical moments discount at POP Century she could change you to that?

I am the complete opposite...with email it's so much harder to convey a message properly. I would be on the phone with her. She is the only one who knows what her message really means...we are all just speculating here.

Good Luck and let us know what happens!!!

Me(35) DH(35) DD(10) & DD(7)

discookiemonsta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 07:54 AM   #6
turnlisa
DIS Veteran

I definitely think that what she did was book you LM with a standard rate. If you want to go to Pop Century, you can get the discount.

From everything I've heard (and I'm a TA), LM rooms are NOT going to be discounted except for personal pins any time soon. They are selling like hot cakes and Disney has no incentive to discount them.

turnlisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 08:50 PM   #7
emer95
DIS Veteran

[QUOTE=discookiemonsta;46511991]
Quote:
Originally Posted by emer95 View Post
/QUOTE]

This part popped out at me "I changed it to the standard rate" I wonder if she means that she changed your reservation to the LM section, but there are no discounts available to it's going to be the standard rate and if you wanted the magical moments discount at POP Century she could change you to that?

I am the complete opposite...with email it's so much harder to convey a message properly. I would be on the phone with her. She is the only one who knows what her message really means...we are all just speculating here.

Good Luck and let us know what happens!!!
Yep, you are exactly right! We are booked in a LM room at the standard rate- so excited!!

We saw the sad, dilapidated building the first time we stayed at POP and were shocked that Disney would allow such an eyesore. Then we saw the building under construction the last time we were at POP, so this is very cool for us to be able to stay there!

Any guesses as to whether AoA will be exempt from free dining (if offered in late August) since it's such a new resort?
Old 10-22-2012, 08:59 PM   #8
aaarcher86
DIS Veteran

[QUOTE=emer95;46519547]
Quote:
Originally Posted by discookiemonsta View Post

Yep, you are exactly right! We are booked in a LM room at the standard rate- so excited!!

We saw the sad, dilapidated building the first time we stayed at POP and were shocked that Disney would allow such an eyesore. Then we saw the building under construction the last time we were at POP, so this is very cool for us to be able to stay there!

Any guesses as to whether AoA will be exempt from free dining (if offered in late August) since it's such a new resort?
Yes, the LM rooms probably will be. The family suites have been included so far in all the offers.
Old 10-22-2012, 10:14 PM   #9
ADisneyQueen
DIS Veteran

I don't think they will discount LM rooms this summer, except for maybe late Aug. Today I called about getting a AAA discount for a LM room in June and the CM said they were blacked out from discounts for the summer.
Christmas 2009-CBR and RI Seaworld,June 2012-POP
Aug 2013- CSR and AOA
ADisneyQueen is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: