Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 10-11-2012, 07:06 AM   #1
dprincessmom
Mouseketeer
 
dprincessmom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 462

Bounceback?

I have never booked a bounceback offer and have a few questions that I am hoping I can some help with here )

A little background: We are planning a huge 10 day trip for spring 2014 (I turn 40, Sis turns 50, Mom turns 70, parents will have just celebrated 50th anniversary). Anyway, we were talking that it is a really long way out without a WDW trip and if we could get a bounceback for the bigger trip it might make sense to do a quick trip in 2013 to get the offer.

1. I know that you have to book the bounceback before you leave, but does it have to be at the same resort you are staying at? If I have one room to qualify for the bounceback can I book 3 roooms on the bounceback special?

2. How far in advance can I (typically) book a bounceback for?

3. What is the current bounceback offer?

4. If I have a trip already scheduled and then switch to the bounceback offer, can I move the money already on deposit over to this reservation?

Thanks for your help!
__________________
Me DH DD (8) DS (miss him everyday)
dprincessmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 07:34 AM   #2
mickeynut1
DIS Veteran
 
mickeynut1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 14,879

Quote:
Originally Posted by dprincessmom View Post
I have never booked a bounceback offer and have a few questions that I am hoping I can some help with here )

A little background: We are planning a huge 10 day trip for spring 2014 (I turn 40, Sis turns 50, Mom turns 70, parents will have just celebrated 50th anniversary). Anyway, we were talking that it is a really long way out without a WDW trip and if we could get a bounceback for the bigger trip it might make sense to do a quick trip in 2013 to get the offer.

1. I know that you have to book the bounceback before you leave, but does it have to be at the same resort you are staying at? If I have one room to qualify for the bounceback can I book 3 roooms on the bounceback special?

2. How far in advance can I (typically) book a bounceback for?

3. What is the current bounceback offer?

4. If I have a trip already scheduled and then switch to the bounceback offer, can I move the money already on deposit over to this reservation?

Thanks for your help!
1. You can book a bounceback at any resort, pending availability. It does not have to be the resort you're currently staying at. You can book as many rooms as there are adults in the room at the time the BB is offered. If there are 3 adults in the room, you can book 3 rooms (one room under each adult). However, if there are 2 adults and 2 kids in the room, you can only book 2 rooms on the BB.

2. How far in advance you can book depends on what time of year you go and what the BB is currently offering. This time of year is usually for dates through December, but could possibly go into the next year. A BB for spring 2014 might not be available until December 2013 or early January 2014, but it's anybody's guess.

3. I'm not sure what the current BB offer is.

4. Some people have reported being able to modify their current reservation to the BB discount, but if you aren't able to do that, you can always book the BB and pay the deposit, then cancel your existing reservation and take that money and pay toward the new ressie.
__________________


Country Inn & Suites LBV June 2001 - CBR July 2002 - BC December 2003 - WL CL Oct/Nov 2004 - WL September 2006 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2007 -Poly September 2007 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2008 - AKL/GF SL/WL January 2010 - AKL/GF December 2010 - GF RPC May 2011
mickeynut1 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 10-22-2012, 01:02 PM   #3
seasidespences
Mouseketeer
 
seasidespences's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 393

Some newbie questions: how/when do you find out if you get a bounceback offer during your stay? Also, do you just have to book and pay a certain deposit before you leave if you choose to book one?
seasidespences is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 01:11 PM   #4
tiger4me2
DIS Veteran
 
tiger4me2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 2,062

Quote:
Originally Posted by seasidespences View Post
Some newbie questions: how/when do you find out if you get a bounceback offer during your stay? Also, do you just have to book and pay a certain deposit before you leave if you choose to book one?
Usually there is a flyer in your room that the housekeepers* put there. Or you can call 8844 on the room phone. Just have to put down a $200 deposit for whatever resort you pick !

* front desk have no clues what the BB are so it better to call 8844 or ask housekeeper who clean your room if you see her. MHO
tiger4me2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 01:13 PM   #5
DznyCrzy11
"When you wish upon a star, makes no difference who you are".
 
DznyCrzy11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: 894 miles from the magic!
Posts: 1,634

Quote:
Originally Posted by seasidespences
Some newbie questions: how/when do you find out if you get a bounceback offer during your stay? Also, do you just have to book and pay a certain deposit before you leave if you choose to book one?
We had a flyer in our room advertising the bb offer when we arrived. Yes, if you book the bb offer you have to book and pay the $200 deposit.

Sent from my GalaxyS II
__________________
Visited WDW once a year(sometimes twice a year)between 1987 and 2000, stayed at FW Campground most of those times, FW Cabins one time, ASMu one time,and an offsite hotel a few other times.Since 2003 my DH and I have taken 8 trips to WDW and 1 DCL together.We stayed at an offsite hotel in 2003 and 2005, ASMo in 2008,CBR in 2009,Poly in 2010,2011,2012,2013. Bahamian Disney Cruise in 2013. YC stay and Western Caribbean Cruise in 2014. BC stay and Eastern Caribbean Cruise in 2015!!

DznyCrzy11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 01:40 PM   #6
MMS1125
"You can design and create, and build the most wonderful place in the world. But it takes people to make the dream a reality."
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: 500 miles away from my happy place
Posts: 1,023

The bb offers for room only discount the next year usually doesn't come out until November but that offer should cover all of 2014 with the usual blackout periods

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards
__________________
MMS1125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 01:52 PM   #7
seasidespences
Mouseketeer
 
seasidespences's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 393

Quote:
Originally Posted by DznyCrzy11

We had a flyer in our room advertising the bb offer when we arrived. Yes, if you book the bb offer you have to book and pay the $200 deposit.

Sent from my GalaxyS II
Thanks for the info...just wanted to plan to have some extra $$ available just in case we got a BB offer...one can only hope!!
seasidespences is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 02:14 PM   #8
Seahunt
DIS Veteran
 
Seahunt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: Florida Baby!
Posts: 4,971

Just wanted to add, the $200 deposit per room is required on a BB package offer, but if you get a Room Only discount BB offer you'll have to deposit the amount of one night's stay at the resort you choose. So your deposit $$$ will depend on which BB offer you get.
Seahunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 02:20 PM   #9
DznyCrzy11
"When you wish upon a star, makes no difference who you are".
 
DznyCrzy11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: 894 miles from the magic!
Posts: 1,634

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seahunt
Just wanted to add, the $200 deposit per room is required on a BB package offer, but if you get a Room Only discount BB offer you'll have to deposit the amount of one night's stay at the resort you choose. So your deposit $$$ will depend on which BB offer you get.
Have they changed that or is it in "fine print"? Last year when we went the flyer said to book for 40%off ro discount and it required a $200 deposit. That would have only covered half of one nights stay. This year with the free ddp bb offer it required a $200 deposit.

Sent from my GalaxyS II
__________________
Visited WDW once a year(sometimes twice a year)between 1987 and 2000, stayed at FW Campground most of those times, FW Cabins one time, ASMu one time,and an offsite hotel a few other times.Since 2003 my DH and I have taken 8 trips to WDW and 1 DCL together.We stayed at an offsite hotel in 2003 and 2005, ASMo in 2008,CBR in 2009,Poly in 2010,2011,2012,2013. Bahamian Disney Cruise in 2013. YC stay and Western Caribbean Cruise in 2014. BC stay and Eastern Caribbean Cruise in 2015!!

DznyCrzy11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 08:00 PM   #10
vicki_c
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Maryland
Posts: 23,524

Quote:
Originally Posted by DznyCrzy11

Have they changed that or is it in "fine print"? Last year when we went the flyer said to book for 40%off ro discount and it required a $200 deposit. That would have only covered half of one nights stay. This year with the free ddp bb offer it required a $200 deposit.

Sent from my GalaxyS II
It's one nights stay for a room only, including the bounceback. If you were charged less, it was an error. I paid close to $300 for the BB I booked bak in January.
__________________
June 1978 - Poly / Nov 1996 - Yacht Club / Jan 2001 - Poly / Jan/Feb 2004 - Wilderness Lodge / 2004-2006: Animal Kingdom Lodge, Nick Hotel, Caribbean Beach, Port Orleans Riverside, HI Sunspree, Buena Vista Suites, Caribe Royale / Jan 2008 - Poly / June 2008 - Saratoga Springs and Villas @ Wilderness Lodge / Nov 2008 -Boardwalk Villas / Dec 2008 - WL, Beach Club Villas and Beach Club / June 2009 - POFQ and Poly / Jan 2010 - AKV, 4 night DCL & BCV / Nov 2010 - POFQ / April 2011 - SSR / Nov 2011 Swan / Jan 2012 - BC/ April 2012 OKW / April 2014 AoA & AKV
vicki_c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 08:46 PM   #11
turningleaf
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 180

Wow I didn't know that you could book more than one room on a bounce back - good to know for next time.

In August we booked a bounce back "room-only" for October and it was 35% off room only. The deposit was one night's stay - around $300.

Our fine print also said the offer excludes suites and 3 bedroom villas.

Last week I called to change resorts and they had no problem switching us and we kept our 35% off rate. We upped our room category, so at that point, the CM also charged me additional deposit to equal one night's rate.
turningleaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:37 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.