Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-22-2012, 04:52 PM   #1
Tinker1972
Mouseketeer

Christmas decor...which dates to choose?

I think I posted this in the wrong place the first time, and don't know how to remove it!..so I apologize for posting this twice!!

We are planning a trip next year, either November or December 2013. My original plan of the week after Thanksgiving isn't going to work out because of my husbands job, so we are either going to go the second week of November, before Thanksgiving, or the 2nd week of December. I'm assuming December would be more crowded? My preference would be November, but will the holiday decor all be up? Also...has there ever been FD during November? We are PRAYING that it comes out for our dates next year, I'm actually kind of stressing about it already as my husband doesn't want to do WDW without the FD promo. We did the FD last year during Halloween and it saved us a TON of $$. We just got back from Disneyland last week, and most of our money was spent on food(there are 6 of us). The FD plan is the only way to go for us!
Tinker1972 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 05:12 PM   #2
Missytara
I'm all ears!

All of the xmas decorations are guaranteed to be up by the Saturday after Thanksgiving except the MK tree. Your best bet is the second week in December to catch it all; the first few days will be busy due to the parade taping.

If you book value or mod, be aware it is the week of Pop Warner.
Old 10-22-2012, 06:21 PM   #3
RMulieri
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missytara View Post
All of the xmas decorations are guaranteed to be up by the Saturday after Thanksgiving except the MK tree. Your best bet is the second week in December to catch it all; the first few days will be busy due to the parade taping.

If you book value or mod, be aware it is the week of Pop Warner.
2nd this
Early Novmber is HIt and miss what will and won't be done and certain things like the Epcot Holiday Storytellers and Candlelight Processional never start till after Thanksgiving

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: