Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-22-2012, 01:39 AM   #1
coluk003
Mouseketeer

yet another ME question :)

So im playing with the idea of going in September of 2013 to WDW.

Does anyone know how long from MCO the ME(magical express) takes to get to
1. POP century
1A. Does the bus go to different resorts or just POP from MCO( i doubt it)
2. How long to Riverside
3. Does anyone know how early they run, Im thinking i might work then take the red eye in and go to the parks early and then get to bed for an early bedtime. See i live in CA and hope there wouldn't be to many people on a flight that late. Plus i have up until 5 days prior to arrival to cancel my trip with no penalty.
4. Does anyone know of a list that says(if it even exists) these bus's go to XYZ hotels, theses go to ABC, or does it not work that way, i cant remember its been over 10 years
5. Im thinking September as most kids on the east coast are back in school,and it may be a bit quieter, with reduced hours I'm sure.

Well thats it for now, if anyone does reply can you at least number your answers , i had to be a pain when it comes to that but sometimes i get confused lol

Thanks and have a magical monday
coluk003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 07:23 AM   #2
Missytara
I'm all ears!

Quote:
Originally Posted by coluk003 View Post

1. POP century
2. How long to Riverside
3. Does anyone know how early they run, Im thinking i might work then take the red eye in and go to the parks early and then get to bed for an early bedtime. See i live in CA and hope there wouldn't be to many people on a flight that late. Plus i have up until 5 days prior to arrival to cancel my trip with no penalty.
4. Does anyone know of a list that says(if it even exists) these bus's go to XYZ hotels, theses go to ABC, or does it not work that way, i cant remember its been over 10 years
5. Im thinking September as most kids on the east coast are back in school,and it may be a bit quieter, with reduced hours I'm sure.

Well thats it for now, if anyone does reply can you at least number your answers , i had to be a pain when it comes to that but sometimes i get confused lol

ME runs based on need and has no set schedule of amount of resorts or stops.

Expect to be at your resort from 70 to 90 minutes after you deboard the plane. Don't sweat the small stuff.

ME runs 24/7, but if you arrive after 10:00 pm, you need to pick up your own bags and take them on the bus.

You can get a lot of information regarding ME on the transportation board.

Actually, kids in the NE go back to school the last week in August, so it starts to get slower that week. But it cannot be considered slow; there are really few slow seasons at Disney anymore.
Register to remove

Old 10-22-2012, 07:56 AM   #3
Wood Nymph
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by coluk003

1. POP century
2. How long to Riverside

I would give yourself at least two hours from the time you get off the plane until the time you are finished checking into your hotel. The last time we were there the ME stopped at the CBR for what seemed like a long time, before it took us to the BC. I think the bus will go to resorts in the same area, but it can still take about 45 minutes. Then the check in can be really slow, too. So we usually plan on three hours from the the time we land until we walk in the park once we add travel time from resort to park.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

Next up: WL - Jan 24 to 29, 2015; YC - April 15 - 21, 2015
WL - Oct 22-27, 2014, YC - Sept 24-28, 2014; BC - March 19th to 25th, 2014, WL - Jan 23 - 27, 2014; WL - Nov 30 - Dec 5, 2013; WL - Feb 5 -11, 2013; BC - April 2011, BW - January 2009, BCV - 2007, 2005, 2003, Poly - 2002;
BC - 2001, 1998, 1994, 1992; YC - 1997; GF - 1989, 1988; Poly - 1987, 1986, 1985; CR - 1981, 1980; offsite - 1982, 1976, 1973
Wood Nymph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 08:35 AM   #4
CanadianGuy

Me and My Posse doing our New Kids on the Block moves at PI

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by coluk003 View Post

1. POP century
2. How long to Riverside

1&2: Expect 70-90 minutes from landing to your resort. The buses work 'groups' of resorts based on guests loaded and their respective destinations. Buses are grouped by 'resort areas' .. For example. the "Animal Kingdom Area" includes Pop Century, Coronado Springs and the other Value resorts as well as the actual AK resort.

3. Buses run 24 x 7 based on scheduled arrivals/departures and need.

4. See the answer to 1&2. Yes, generally speakings buses are assigned by resort "area" .. but very late at night or very early in the morning, one bus might be assigned to multiple areas because the need/demand is very low.

5. See # 4 answer.

06/1995 - All Star Music | 11/1998 - Wilderness Lodge | 10/1999 - Disneyland
06/2006 - Pop Century | 03/2007 - Pop Century | 06/2007 - Coronado Springs
12/2007 - All Star Sports | 06/2008 - Pop Century | 09/2008 - All Star Sports
06/2010 - Swan | 06/2012 - Dolphin | 01/2013 - All Star Sports

CanadianGuy is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: