Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-21-2012, 03:52 PM   #1
4formickey
DIS Veteran

Lifelock-a waste of money!!

Last month, I notice a transaction was posted to my checking account that I did not make. After I called chase and told them that I did not authorize the transaction,they replace the money. A couple of more transaction did take place and they where caught in time. Because of this ,I ordered a copy of my credit report, upon inspecting it,I found out someone had opened up an account with a bank out west called Credit one. I called the bank myself and told them that I never applied for an account with them, they sent the information to their fraud department. I also informed the credit reporting agencies about this also. I had to call lifelock and ask they why was my social and bank account information compromise with out them knowing about it. They where suppose to put a fraud alert on my file so this would not happen. They are still sending me emails telling me that my ID has not be stolen and everything is safe. These people even added a fake address to my credit file and they set up an account with Intuit, which will let you process a credit card on your mobile phone. So I'm not out of any money only chase (1500) what good is lifelock for me?
Old 10-21-2012, 05:40 PM   #2
Albort
ODV Crew
The challenge is - who can find me?

i thought about getting lifelock as well... its a good thing to know they failed, lol. What did the lifelock ppl say about it?
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-21-2012, 05:58 PM   #3
The Mystery Machine
DIS Veteran

I have read that "Lifelock" is really a "scam". I would check into that if I were you.
The Mystery Machine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 06:12 PM   #4
4formickey
DIS Veteran

They where glad that I informed them of the breach. I was told that they will look into it to see how it happen.
Old 10-21-2012, 06:35 PM   #5
Planogirl
I feel the nerd in me stirring already
Oh well, let's look on the bright side
If I hadn't been so wiped out I would have kissed my anesthesiologist

I don't know that Lifelock is necessarily a scam but they do pretty much what you can do yourself when it comes right down to it. I am surprised that their monitoring didn't pick up the new account when it appeared though.

As for adding a fraud alert, the credit bureaus do limit that. I understand that one or more was involved in a court action with Lifelock and now Lifelock can't do certain things like add fraud alerts over and over again.
Old 10-21-2012, 06:49 PM   #6
2BigKIdz
Is it still winter!?!?!?!

Lifelock a scam according to the Federal Trade Commission- http://www.wired.com/threatlevel/201...con-operation/
Old 10-21-2012, 07:13 PM   #7
4formickey
DIS Veteran

That article was written about 5 yrs ago. It was about how they stored information and sent it through their network.
Old 10-21-2012, 08:05 PM   #8
LilyWDW
Going to My Happy Place

Lifelock is worthless.

Not only will they not really protect you from having your ID stolen, they will also harass you and make it harder for you to do real business. I have seen WAY too many negative instances personally.

"You're dead if you aim only for kids. Adults are only kids grown up, anyway." - Walt Disney
DIS'er OCTOBER 2014 FB Group
https://www.facebook.com/groups/1398705187009744/

LilyWDW is online now   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: