Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Line Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-21-2012, 05:53 PM   #286
ILuvWishes!
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenseib View Post

I had described the horn to Lisa ….I also told her that some of us “fans” sometimes tear up when we hear it …or at least get chills from it. I had her tape [/IMG][/URL]
We were on shore listening. I was doing a happy dance when I heard it for the very first time. My DH called me a dork. We went to show the kids the ship, which will be our home during Thanksgiving week.

Me DH DD (10) DS (7) Happy DVC members since 1997
Previous Disney Trips: July/Aug 2012 OKW, Oct 2011 AKL, Aug 2011 OKW, Aug 2010 OKW, Aug 2009 OKW, Jan 2009 OKW (girls b-day trip), Nov 2008 (10 year annivesary trip) CBR, Sept 2008 SSR, Aug 2008 (2 weeks) OKW, Dec 2007 OKW with Family & Friends, Oct 2007 AKL, May/June 2007 OKW (2 weeks); Oct 2006 OKW (2 weeks); Oct 2005 OKW (DS 1st Trip); Dec 2004 OKW; July 2004 OKW; Mar/Apr 2004 OKW & BWV; Oct 2003 OKW; Feb 2003 BWV; Sept 2002 OKW (DD 1st Trip); Oct 2001 OKW; Mar 2001 Dixie Landings; Oct 2000 OKW; May 2000 OKW; Dec 30, 1999-Jan 6, 2000 BWV for NYE Celebration; Sept 1999 Coronado Springs; Mar/Apr 1999 OKW; May 1998 OKW DH only (golf trip with buddies); Mar 1998 OKW Disney Honeymoon; July 1997 OKW (with friends & their DVC points, decided to buy DVC 2 days into trip)
ILuvWishes! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 08:23 PM   #287
Caretames1
Mom & Crazed Planner

So are the windows in Palo kinda like the mirror in Goofys Candy CO!

I'm saddened by the no picture taking rule as well, I mean how the heck am I supposed to see it without your photos!!!

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards
Wake Up! SURPRISE, We're going to Disney World....TODAY Sept 2011 TRhttp://www.disboards.com/showthread....9#post42811539
"Momma, I got to dance with Flynn Ryder!" Our January 2011 TR.http://www.disboards.com/showthread....1#post39775931
First Ever Trip to Disney World 1/23/2009 (POR) 6 days
Back to Disney World 1/21/2011 (POR) 10 days

Shhh! Suprise MNSSHP Trip 9/21/2011 (POP) 5 days
Surprise...AGAIN! 11/1/12 (AoA) 11 days
ME: Carey DH: John DD: Kadence (10) DD: Samantha (20)
Caretames1 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-21-2012, 08:33 PM   #288
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILuvWishes! View Post
We were on shore listening. I was doing a happy dance when I heard it for the very first time. My DH called me a dork. We went to show the kids the ship, which will be our home during Thanksgiving week.
How exciting! That would be the next best place to be that day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caretames1 View Post
So are the windows in Palo kinda like the mirror in Goofys Candy CO!

I'm saddened by the no picture taking rule as well, I mean how the heck am I supposed to see it without your photos!!!

I hate that rule. The costumes were amazing and I can't even share them or have pictures to remember them.

We loved the Palo windows.
jenseib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 09:34 PM   #289
Wicket's Mom
DIS Veteran

At the risk of giving you a swelled head, the colors of your outdoor pixs are wonderful. So bright & clear like HD tv!

Shame to see those tractors sitting on the dock, all from China, including the yellow & green ones!
(url)http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3050319
It Was the Best of Times & the Worst, But It Was the Best Trip Evah!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2811518
Wicket's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 10:35 PM   #290
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wicket's Mom View Post
At the risk of giving you a swelled head, the colors of your outdoor pixs are wonderful. So bright & clear like HD tv!

Shame to see those tractors sitting on the dock, all from China, including the yellow & green ones!
Thanks....I need a smily with a head exploding now.

We were wondering that smae thing, but then there were a couple of old ones there too and we wondered why they would ship old ones over. Unless Glaveston was shipping them to another US port?
Old 10-22-2012, 10:42 AM   #291
vleeth
I heart Disney

This is making me sooooo excited!!!

Love, love, love your trip reports!
vleeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 11:15 AM   #292
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Quote:
Originally Posted by vleeth View Post
This is making me sooooo excited!!!

Love, love, love your trip reports!
Thanks. I do hope to get this day finished by tomorrow.
Old 10-22-2012, 11:37 AM   #293
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Just popping in to let you know that I'm still reading along, haven't had a chance to post much. As always, your pictures are amazing! Love them all! I'm so happy that you were able to actually watch a sail away party withouth the rain interrupting. But, it does sound like it was a hot and sweaty party.

2014 trip report: Disney dangled the visual weinee and Mickeystoontown gobbled it up! Our two week adventure!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....6#post51642226

mickeystoontown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 05:44 PM   #294
Timon

DIS Junkie

Great update

Too funny about the mirrors outside of Palo! I wonder if that's why people linger there...what they don't realize is that there's people dressed up suits and nice dresses, eating a fancy dinner watching them LOL! I've been witness to a few of them myself

I like that blue hat too! I look ridiculous in all hats but less so in baseballs caps compared to big sun hats so I probably would have bought that one

I never did understand the whole chocolate on your pillow thing...get all hyped up on sugar....now go to sleep!!!
Timon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 08:16 PM   #295
Wicket's Mom
DIS Veteran

We have an old 1950 Allis Chalmers that needed a new manifold, got the part at TSC. It was made in China! They use the old tractors or copy them for parts.
(url)http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3050319
It Was the Best of Times & the Worst, But It Was the Best Trip Evah!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2811518
Wicket's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 09:18 PM   #296
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeystoontown View Post
Just popping in to let you know that I'm still reading along, haven't had a chance to post much. As always, your pictures are amazing! Love them all! I'm so happy that you were able to actually watch a sail away party withouth the rain interrupting. But, it does sound like it was a hot and sweaty party.

Thats Ok. I have times where I am just lucky to read, let alone post too.
It was hot, but I am so happy to have seen the party.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timon View Post
Great update

Too funny about the mirrors outside of Palo! I wonder if that's why people linger there...what they don't realize is that there's people dressed up suits and nice dresses, eating a fancy dinner watching them LOL! I've been witness to a few of them myself

I like that blue hat too! I look ridiculous in all hats but less so in baseballs caps compared to big sun hats so I probably would have bought that one

I never did understand the whole chocolate on your pillow thing...get all hyped up on sugar....now go to sleep!!!
Thats funny. Thanks goodenss Palo wasn't open then, or I could've been one of those people!
I kind of wish I did buy it and if it is on the Dream I may try it on and think it over some more.
I love chocolates on the pillow, but yo uare right ...why eat candy before going to bed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wicket's Mom View Post
We have an old 1950 Allis Chalmers that needed a new manifold, got the part at TSC. It was made in China! They use the old tractors or copy them for parts.
Ok, first off, it is really sad that I know what TSC is ...and that it is one of Claire's favorite stores.
Very interesting to know that info though.
Old 10-22-2012, 09:20 PM   #297
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Lumieres was our restaurant for tonight.

I will forewarn you now the lighting is bad and my pictures are not that good.

I believe our table number was 41 and we checked in and were led to it. Marys gang was there and I think Brook, Carolyn and gang followed us in.

We all introduced ourselves to Marys friends, Chris, Erin, and Julie, and then set to the task of figuring out what to eat.
I took pictures of the menus&they are horrid, but here they are.

We started out with some bread that was very good.

I think this was an olive spread. It was good, but not great, but I am not a fan of olives. I can eat some olive spreads, and like I said, this was good, but if I liked olives it probably wouldve been better to me.

I tried to get a few shots around the restaurant, but I failed miserably and that is one regret I have.

For appetizers I ordered the Chilled Jumbo Shrimp
White and Green Asparagus, Micro Greens and Lemon-Dill Dressing with Horseradish Cream

I think Lisa ordered this too. It was very good.

I also got "Gaston's" Escargots Gratinés
Herb-marinated Snails with Finely Chopped Mushrooms, topped with Garlic Butter.

I am not sure if Lisa ordered a 2nd appetizer or not. If so, I did not get a picture.

For entrees, we really had a hard time deciding. There were a couple of things I wanted to try, and same with Lisa. We decided we would order 3 between us and share all 3.

I ordered the Lumiere's Seared Sea Bass
With a Mushroom Herb Risotto, Sweet Onion Marmalade, and garnished with a Potato Crisp.

This was very good. I thought the fish might be a little too fishy though. Not bad, but it wasn't perfect to me. We both ate it though and enjoyed it.

Lisa ordered the Three-Cheese Lobster Macaroni
Lobster Meat, Gruyère, and Cheddar Cheese Sauce tossed with Tubular Pasta and topped with a Parmesan Wafer.

This was excellent. I actually liked it better than the fish.

We also ordered the Crispy Roasted Duck Breast
With Braised Napa Cabbage and Potato Cake, with Pomegranate Jus.

Well there was nothing crispy about this duck. It was very fatty and not good at all. Lisa took one bite and spit it back in her napkin. That should tell you something, because her husband is a duck hunter. I think they eat duck here and there if I remember right. She was not impressed at all.
I took a bite and it was fatty, but I got it down. I tried another bite, digging into it to find the meat. It was just OK. So I tried a third and it was yuck. That plate got pushed to the side. We found out that we do not like duck, or at least duck this way.

During dinner we all talked. We really didnt talk as much to Mary and her group. Not that we were being rude, it was just that with 10 people at a table its hard to talk to everyone, and they all seemed to be in conversation about something.

Chris kept making comments about the ship movement. Up till that point I had felt basically nothing. Now I felt it slightly, but not bad at all. Most of us agreed that we couldnt feel much. I am not sure if it was the bonine Lisa and I took, or if it really was just that great. I will say we really had very calm seas most of the trip.

While eating and chatting we looked out the window we were sitting by. Our window looked out to the Atrium and guess who we saw?

Cowboy Goofy.

I loved his costume! For the most part, I did not do any official character meets this cruise, though looking back I kind of wish I did do some. I just wasnt in the mood to wait in line for any on this trip. I do have a few character pictures, but more on that later .......

Time for dessert now. Here are the menus. Again, really horribly shots.

Lisa ordered the Lumiere's Sweet Temptations
A Trio of Crème Brûlée, Chocolate Mousse and Praline Petite Choux.

She liked it. She never had Cream Brulee before if I remember right. She loved the chocolate Mousse, but said she could've done without the sauce on top.

I had the Grand Marnier Soufflé
With Vanilla Sauce.

YUM! I LOVE this stuff. I am going to let you in on something ....we went to Palo later in the week and I got the chocolate soufflé there. This was just as good. I did not think Palos soufflé was any better than this little bugger.

I also got the Chocolate Mousse
With Brandy-marinated Cherries.

Again, this was really good, but I agreed with Lisa, I would rather have it without the cherry sauce.

Before we left dinner I did go and take one more picture before I left.

We then headed out. I think Lisa was feeling tired, and bloated and just very full and decided to go to bed. I told her I wanted to explore just a bit more.

At some point I went and put gift cards on my account, this might've been when I did it.

Last edited by jenseib; 10-23-2012 at 09:29 PM.
Old 10-22-2012, 09:29 PM   #298
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

I wanted to go up top and look at the ship lit up.

Warning, moving ship at night .......very windy. If you are wearing a dress or skirt .....wear shorts under them. Luckily I was, or several people would have gotten a very unpleasant view.

I love the adult area on the Magic better than the Dream.

I got a shot of the ping pong table and paddles.

I really enjoyed the lit up ship. Just beautiful .....BUT I think the Dream is prettier. If I remember right, it had more stuff lit up and it stayed lit for a longer time. I think all night long, while I noticed on early mornings that the Magic normally wasnt lit up still.

They did a lot of painting and repairs daily and you would see signs like this around after they were done, or the area roped off.

And some shots of the drink station.

It was just too windy up there, so I headed inside.

This is outside the theatre and list show times for the day.

Old 10-22-2012, 09:31 PM   #299
Caretames1
Mom & Crazed Planner

I've never eaten duck, but I have heard it was fatty/greasy. I think I'll steer clear.

The descriptions of the food do sound yum. The lobster 3 cheese sounded the best. I can't wait to have some good Disney food.

And desert.

Wake Up! SURPRISE, We're going to Disney World....TODAY Sept 2011 TRhttp://www.disboards.com/showthread....9#post42811539
"Momma, I got to dance with Flynn Ryder!" Our January 2011 TR.http://www.disboards.com/showthread....1#post39775931
First Ever Trip to Disney World 1/23/2009 (POR) 6 days
Back to Disney World 1/21/2011 (POR) 10 days

Shhh! Suprise MNSSHP Trip 9/21/2011 (POP) 5 days
Surprise...AGAIN! 11/1/12 (AoA) 11 days
ME: Carey DH: John DD: Kadence (10) DD: Samantha (20)
Caretames1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 01:44 AM   #300
dizneeat
DIS Veteran

Thanks for more great pics, Jen!

Duck should not be greasy if it is cooked correct - it can be very tasty. So I am sure yours was not cooked right.
I had to on some of your pics of the ship lit up, as they look just like mine! Only mine are from the DREAM.
Lumiere's looks pretty too, even though you were not happy with your photos - looks like you have to cruise on the Magic again to get the "right" photos.
TR Summer 2014: We're out of it! A MAGICal Med adventure TR 2013: Get off the ship .....
Visit my other TRs/dining reviews here:

dizneeat is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: