Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 10-18-2012, 11:48 PM   #2761
jodical
Mouseketeer

millie, millie, millie... YOU ARE A STAR! Awesome!!!

Thank you from the bottom of my heart! You've added so much to what was already slated to be the trip of a lifetime. Bless you! I can't wait for everyone to see them! Now, I need to get to ironing!

Disney Fantasy Nov. 2012

Trying to decide what our next Disney trip will be...
Old 10-18-2012, 11:54 PM   #2762
patita71
Mouseketeer

Name design request

Hi Milliepie

I love your designs! If you could please do the following it would be great!
Daniella (in the two below styles)
http://www.4shared.com/photo/1dJIFVf...nadclfill.html

http://www.4shared.com/photo/60zLezw...inniefill.html

Gianfranco and Ben:
http://www.4shared.com/photo/lc21hGk...nedclfill.html

Gianfranco
http://www.4shared.com/photo/QBQPTDE...ckey_fill.html

Isabela
http://www.4shared.com/photo/JTcGxhf...Mariefill.html

Do you have anything with Disney Cuties? If so, I would love one with the name Vanessa.

Thank you so much in advance!
Register to remove

Old 10-20-2012, 12:58 AM   #2763
Lady Boadicea
The Princess Of Quite Alot

Here are some halloween ears:

My Design Thread on the Creative DISigns Board:http://www.disboards.com/showthread....4#post51282024
Cruise Board Design Thread:http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3322275
Old 10-20-2012, 01:27 AM   #2764
jules4172
Mouseketeer

have I missed them??

Hi Milliepie,
I made some requests on pg.148 #2214 - not sure if you've gotten that far yet, our cruise is not til Thanksgiving. If you have, can you point me to the right page. Thanks.

Have a technical question for you about t-shirt design. We use picassa but when I tried to print them, the design doesn't print in reverse, so basically it comes out normal but if I transfer them onto the tshirts, the image will be backward. When you create designs specifically for tshirts, do you do something different in order for it to print in reverse or am I doing something wrong? I've done tshirts before but for the life of me, can't figure out why it's not working this time help???
Old 10-20-2012, 01:42 AM   #2765
alliesmommy
Just the two of us

Quote:
Originally Posted by jules4172 View Post

Have a technical question for you about t-shirt design. We use picassa but when I tried to print them, the design doesn't print in reverse, so basically it comes out normal but if I transfer them onto the tshirts, the image will be backward. When you create designs specifically for tshirts, do you do something different in order for it to print in reverse or am I doing something wrong? I've done tshirts before but for the life of me, can't figure out why it's not working this time help???
The transfer paper that I always buy has a website where you can download the software that will mirror the image for you. It's usually listed in the instructions that come with the product.

Hope this helps.
Old 10-20-2012, 12:06 PM   #2766
dolphingirl47
I will post my goodies once I am back
I have always been too worried to use the pillowcase

Milliepie, I had some fantastic news yesterday. My application for British citizenship was granted and we will celebrate this in style on the cruise. I saw some deck chairs with fireworks this week. Do you think you would have time to make this for me with Congratulations at the top and British Citizenship on the bottom. Our names are Corinna and Graham?

Also, I have some requests on page 144. Do you think you may get to them in the next week or so?

Corinna
Old 10-20-2012, 03:26 PM   #2767
goeva
DIS Veteran

Last edited by goeva; 11-10-2012 at 09:20 PM.
Old 10-20-2012, 09:47 PM   #2768
Princess23
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by milliepie View Post
Here you go. Be back with the last one...

Hi Millie,
I haven't seen the lounge chairs posted yet...but may be jumping the gun if you just haven't gotten to it yet? Just excited to print out these out at once and get them ready for prime time!! thanks!!

Old 10-20-2012, 11:36 PM   #2769
jules4172
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by alliesmommy View Post
The transfer paper that I always buy has a website where you can download the software that will mirror the image for you. It's usually listed in the instructions that come with the product.

Hope this helps.
Did you save the image to your desktop and then open it using the software from the transfer paper website? I'm not at home so I don't have the transfer packet in front of me but if this is the case, then I can try it when I get home. Thanks.

For those who have done yellow tshirts - did you find that it came out better using dark transfer paper or is light transfer ok? Thanks.
Old 10-21-2012, 05:09 PM   #2770
milliepie
I miss DIS, but RL is a priority.

Quote:
Originally Posted by goeva View Post
Hi, everyone:
This is going to be our first cruise. We're all very excited. We're celebrating my wonderful husband Tim and my little boy Paul's birthday. They were both born on the same day. I wanted to do something special and found this thread. I'm so glad I did. It's truly incredible Millie uses her spare time to make these for everyone. Millie, if you're reading this. I want you to know that your work is greatly appreciated.
Anyway, I'm planning to make T-Shirts, magnets..etc. I found this company called Vistaprint that does it all. I was wondering if anyone used them to make magnets before and would you recommend them?
TIA.

Thank you.

I actually really like vistaprint. The are the only ones that printed a shirt for me that no one else would. I got a free offer when I bought my shirts for a free magnet and the quality was way better than I thought it would be. Good prices too I think.

COMPLETED REQUESTS~~MICKEY HEADS~~DISNEY CRUISE~~HOLIDAYS
Old 10-21-2012, 05:13 PM   #2771
milliepie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jules4172 View Post
Did you save the image to your desktop and then open it using the software from the transfer paper website? I'm not at home so I don't have the transfer packet in front of me but if this is the case, then I can try it when I get home. Thanks.

For those who have done yellow tshirts - did you find that it came out better using dark transfer paper or is light transfer ok? Thanks.
If you are using any color but white than dark transfers are a must. If there is any white in the design it will show as the color of the shirt using white transfers. So, for example, if you are printing a Minnie, the dots, gloves, eyes etc... will show as yellow. I personally think the dark transfers hold up better than the light anyways.

Old 10-21-2012, 05:14 PM   #2772
milliepie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess23 View Post
Hi Millie,
I haven't seen the lounge chairs posted yet...but may be jumping the gun if you just haven't gotten to it yet? Just excited to print out these out at once and get them ready for prime time!! thanks!!
Sorry haven't gotten to them yet. I will soon though promise.

Old 10-21-2012, 05:23 PM   #2773
perdy1234
Mouseketeer

Hey I am looking for a magnet design for our Xmas cruise on the fantasy if you could make me up something with the dates dec 22 to dec29 2012 first Xmas cruise on the fantasy that would be awesome. Also looking for the magnet that goes around your stateroom door number in stitch with Santa hat perhaps? Also would love magnet with tinker bell that celebrates a college graduation with the name Mel on it. Lastly looking for the Mickey head magnet that has one ear as Dvc and other as castaway club with the names Curt and Mel thanks so much if anyone can offer me some ideas that would be great !
Old 10-21-2012, 06:58 PM   #2774
alliesmommy
Just the two of us

[QUOTE=jules4172;46502944]Did you save the image to your desktop and then open it using the software from the transfer paper website? I'm not at home so I don't have the transfer packet in front of me but if this is the case, then I can try it when I get home. Thanks. QUOTE]

Yes, just save the image to your computer and then open the software. It'll ask you for a file, and you browse for the file on your computer. The software should let you mirror/edit it as needed.
Old 10-21-2012, 08:43 PM   #2775
ForTheLoveOfDCL
A Dream is a wish your <3 makes........

Milliepie---How did you like the quality of Vistaprints shirts?? Like did the ttransfer crack or was it nice. and were the shirts crudy quality??

Also -- question....I asked you for the All I want for Christmas is(on front) and a Disney Cruise (on back)....Do you think I should have the front say "All I wanted for Christmas was" since when they wear them it will be Feb???
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: