Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-19-2012, 04:43 PM   #31
FirstTimeCaller
I got my ears! See.

Quality of beach?

On our cruise we had a cabana on the family side and the beach there was extremely sandy and well groomed. When we went to Serenity Bay it didn't seem quite as protected from the elements and seemed much rougher/rockier in general (could just be during low tide). I'm wondering if others share this opinion? We are going back in March and are thinking that we will go with the family beach again despite there only being adults in our party.
FirstTimeCaller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 04:57 PM   #32
Andianna
Mouseketeer

We visited On a Dec cruise and found it not too crowded .
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-19-2012, 05:06 PM   #33
auntie
It's a really lovely way to spend the afternoon
THAT does sound good ;)
Everything I type sounds wierd today
I am the underwear fairy

Quote:
Originally Posted by FirstTimeCaller View Post
On our cruise we had a cabana on the family side and the beach there was extremely sandy and well groomed. When we went to Serenity Bay it didn't seem quite as protected from the elements and seemed much rougher/rockier in general (could just be during low tide). I'm wondering if others share this opinion? We are going back in March and are thinking that we will go with the family beach again despite there only being adults in our party.
We sailed the Magic first week of May this year. Just the two of us. Went to Serenity Bay. VERY few people there. Cabanas were unoccupied. You certainly didn't need one for privacy, the place was empty! In fact it was so quiet that after our bike ride we packed up and went to the family beach. Additionally, I would agree the beach was very rough and rocky. We often vacation on the Gulf coast of Fla. (Anna Maria Island) and are used to the beaches being more like what we found on the family side.
We had no problem finding a couple of lounge chairs and a plam tree. We just enjoyed being closer to the music, BBQ, and shops.
Old 10-19-2012, 09:43 PM   #34
jiminyC_fan
Missing Captain Mickey!
always let your conscience be your guide
Gotta love popcorn!

We use to love Serenity Bay but we have stopped going there. It's much to shallow for us. We love water. I have a picture of my DH and DD actually walking all the way out to the ropes. It is a quiet beach however but we pretty much are in the water 98% of the time with the exception of lunch.
Old 10-19-2012, 11:39 PM   #35
2disneycruzrs
DIS Veteran

We loved the peacefulness of SB. We always cruise Sep-Dec, and it's never been crowded. I wouldn't get a cabana there IMHO and never worried about our things there being unattended. Now the family beach is another matter so we're getting one since we have a 3YO this time and want the peace of SB.

Wonder 10/14 * Reimagined Magic 12/13 * Swan/Dream/Animation: 12/12 * Beach Club: 1/12 - work * AKL/Dream: 9/11 - my daughter's and nieces' first cruise! * Beach Club/Wonder: 11/08 - work * Beach Club/Wonder: 8/08 - work (I get paid to go?!) * Dolphin/Wonder: 12/05 * RCCL - Jewel inaugural season (Western) 4/05-work * RCCL - Serenade inaugural season (Alaska) 8/04 - work * Swan/Magic: 11/03 Eastern * Dolphin/Wonder 10/02 - our honeymoon * WDW '83
2disneycruzrs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 07:22 AM   #36
Tonka's Skipper
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by FirstTimeCaller View Post

We we much prefer the more natural feel and look of the beach and water at Serenity bay a big plus.

Its clean and very well kept and you can find the overly done sandy beach anywhere!

To each there own!

AKK

Last edited by Tonka's Skipper; 10-21-2012 at 09:32 AM.
Tonka's Skipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 09:19 AM   #37
Donna M
DIS Veteran

The biggest difference is that you won't have any kids kicking up sand when they run by. There aren't any children yelling or crying either. Serenity Bay is a very descriptive name for the beach. We go to both, staring off at the family beach, and when it gets too crowed or noisy, we move for some peace.
Old 10-21-2012, 01:58 PM   #38
Otimon
DIS Veteran

We are 3 adults and always go to the Family Beach.

Love to people watch and enjoy watching the kids have fun.
Otimon is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: