Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-20-2012, 05:25 PM   #46
WDWBarb
It was, in fact, *I* who was sounding like a loose fan belt
I need to put some distance between my coffee, my mouth and my monitor

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunshinehighway View Post
You spent the night at Waverly Hills? I'd love to do that! I'd probably be so nervous I'd wonder if any experience I had there was just my mind playing tricks on me.

To answer the question, yes I believe in ghosts. I've had things happen that I just can't find a more rational explanation for.
Yep! They have overnight visits (for quite a lot of $$, unfortunately) through the spring and summer. They take 50 people in and spread them out across the building. I never found it scary (though I wanted to!!).

The first time I was there, the tour guide showed us where to see a shadow person. It was so cool - it looked like it was pacing back and forth at the end of the hallway. But Waverly is a very narrow building with large windows on on one side (where they used to roll the patients out into the open air, which they thought was a treatment for TB) so I really discounted it as an optical illusion (the moonlight coming through the windows). After about 10 minutes we couldn't see the shadow anymore (it appeared to go to the right and not pace back across the hall), we decided to move on. Just as we started to walk away, it looked like this shadow "peeked" it's head around the corner to see if we were still there. There was a collective scream and stampede in the opposite direction. Unfortunately for me, I was at the back of the pack and got trampled!! I didn't get hurt, thankfully, and I couldn't stop laughing.

But with the way that building is laid out, there's no way to discount it being an illusion.
WDWBarb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 07:05 PM   #47
BeachGirlFLA
DIS Veteran

I experienced my uncle's presence the summer after he died. I didn't see him but I "knew" he was there.
Register to remove

Old 10-20-2012, 07:22 PM   #48
Buckalew11
2013 1/2 Marathon Finisher!!! Woohoo!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disney Doll View Post
I can only tell you that when something is a sign, you somehow "know" it's a sign. You get a different feeling looking at it than you would at another time when you might just think "What a nice rainbow!".

I have a rainbow story. My husband's cousin passed away 2 years ago, age 50, of a rare neurological disease. He was a great guy....devoted husband andd father, good son, fgood friend He had 1000 people come to his wake. I helped his wife care for him for the last 8 months of his life so she could keep him at home. After he passed, we have had TONS of signs. The most recent was a rainbow. I was on my way to pick her up to take her to an MD appointment because hse had been having some stomach troubles. As I was driving to her house, I saw a rainbow. A double rainbow actually. It was there the whole time I was on my way to her house. When I got there, I told her about it, we went outside and there was the rainbow...right over the house. We looked at each other and said "Kevin".... And again, we just "knew".
I have a client who passed and her husband has seen several rainbows in certain places and he also says he just "knows." The day I was to cut his hair after she passed I was quite anxious about seeing him. I went out to my car, parked in my driveway and next to it was a penny. I "knew" it was her telling me she'd be with when I saw him and I'd do "OK" and say the "right" things to him. It was very comforting. I've never found money in my driveway before, lol. (Parking lot yes, driveway no)

KimR, I do believe your mom was giving you a sign. When I dropped my DD off at college in August I wanted to cry driving hom. So sad without her even though I was excited for her too. On the way home from the store, I passed the college and upon viewing the college while coming around the curve, there was a rainbow that looked like it was right down on her dorm area. I immediately knew it was God (the Comforter) letting me know all would fine. I did not feel like crying anymore and accepted the comfort and love for what it was.

I had a client lose a son at age 38 (39?) and his wife went on a business trip to CA shortly after his passing and she was really nervous about traveling so far away and being alone. She walked in her hotel room and was putting stuff down and checking everything out & the digital clock flashed, "hello." It never did it again. She felt like it was her DH letting her know he was with her.

Before my dad died, he did not want me to buy DVC and stated his thoughts. He'd bought a timeshare back when I was in HS and we had many, many great vacations with it so I am not sure why he felt so strong about except all the financial planners do not like them. Anyway, I bought into DVC anyway (have never wished I had not--love it!) and every single time we have stayed in a DVC unit, we blow a lightbulb, lol. I always check all that kind of stuff when we go in and that's when they blow. I always say, "Yes, dad, I know you did not want me to buy this but I did and I'm loving it. " And I really do think it is him trying to get the last word in!

There's a great big beautiful tomorrow
Shining at the end of everyday
There's a great big beautiful tomorrow
And tomorrow is just a dream away
Buckalew11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 08:16 PM   #49
Kathryn Merteuil
Barden Bella

I tend to be a bit skeptical about it, BUT I have seen some stuff, and some very trusted people have seen some stuff that would indicate otherwise.

I cannot be for sure one way or the other.
Kathryn Merteuil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 11:09 AM   #50
Friend of a Mouse
Braille: To touch words and have them touch you back

I'm honestly not sure what to think. I did have one encounter that makes me wonder. My elementary music teacher took a couple of girls to a music festival after school one day. We went to her house first for dinner. While we were waiting for dinner, we took a walk in her neighborhood (she stayed behind making dinner). There wer esome woods and we thought we saw a flash of something in the trees. It look like a man in a black cape and hat with red eyes. The neighborhood dogs were barking like mad. To this day I don't know what we really saw. Chances are it was probably just an animal and we didn't get a solid look at it. But you never know.

We do sometimes joke about our rides at work being haunted. As the lead of my complex, I come in before everybody else to do the opening inspections. I have the only enclosed ride in the park. One day I was in there doing my daily checks when I heard what sounded like a child laughing. It tends to be very dark in there and it gave me the creeps. People have always said that ride was haunted, but it would make no sense as there have never been any fatalities or accidents. I'm sure it was just a case of not being awake, but I did do my checks a little faster that day!

Worked for the Mouse: 2004-2007 (Attractions and Entertainment) Polynesian with family: 2004, 2005, 2007 POFQ and Disney Cruise with family: 2006 POFQ Honeymoon: 2010

Book Challenge 2014 /52. Currently reading: Cain's Blood by Geoffrey Girard
Finished: Night Broken by Patricia Briggs Project Cain by Geoffrey Girard Independent Study by Joelle Charboneau The Customer Rules by Lee Cockerell
Friend of a Mouse is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: