Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Coping and Compassion
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-18-2012, 11:33 PM   #31
Luv0fDisney
DIS Veteran

Thanks.

I am praying too. I had blood work done monday to see if there's anything with the thyroid that is making me feel like this. We had done it before but it didn't turn back anything. I am praying to god that the tests show something this time. . I do have most of the symptoms but the tests came back fine the last time.

I just want this nightmare to be over.
Old 10-19-2012, 10:45 AM   #32
ctl
Mouseketeer

Just checking in to see how you are.

Hope things are looking up a little today. When I feel down I wtach this video and ones like it of babies laughing.

http://www.wimp.com/rippingpaper/

Sorry, I'm not sure how to make it into a link.I think I may have linked it. But, I hope it helps. When babies laugh it seems like even when you are sad you can't help but smile with them and then the smile stretches into a laugh. I hope today is going well for you and the weekend will be better.

Last edited by ctl; 10-19-2012 at 04:35 PM.
ctl is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-20-2012, 07:54 PM   #33
Sabeking
DIS Veteran

Hi OP,

Thought about you today! Hope things are going well this weekend! I have been out of town but checking in. I will pray Monday that you get an answer and wisdom for the doctor. Can you tell us one positive thing that happened this weekend?? It can be anything.
Old 10-20-2012, 09:31 PM   #34
Luv0fDisney
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabeking View Post
Hi OP,

Thought about you today! Hope things are going well this weekend! I have been out of town but checking in. I will pray Monday that you get an answer and wisdom for the doctor. Can you tell us one positive thing that happened this weekend?? It can be anything.
I was successfull at the good Will Store... I found 2 WDW magnets and 2-3 stuffed animals right from WDW. I also found the pepper shaker to match my salt shaker too.

Also trying to work on a sewing project... a camera strap cover. i'm doing it different. instead of using fusible fleece Im using felt. I wonder how its going to be.

Last edited by Luv0fDisney; 10-20-2012 at 10:27 PM.
Luv0fDisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 10:03 PM   #35
mommasita
I am like HELLO IT IS TEN OCLOCK...Anderson is on

Has a sweetie who is Furbilicious

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luv0fDisney View Post
I was successfull at the good Will Store... I found 2 WDW magnets and 2-3 stuffed animals right from WDW. I also found the pepper shaker to match my salt shaker too.
I love the Good Will Store! Such finds.. Sometimes it is all about the small things
Old 10-22-2012, 08:22 AM   #36
Sabeking
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Also trying to work on a sewing project... a camera strap cover. i'm doing it different. instead of using fusible fleece Im using felt. I wonder how its going to be.
Awesome! Are you into photography?? Trying to find something good in every day takes practice and can become a habit if we do it enough. My daughter just started crocheting a few months ago as an elective at school. It has been a little tough because she is left handed and the teacher is right handed. Anyway it really relaxes her; she is a high strung kid, lol!

I am thinking about your apt. today. Please let us know how it goes!
Old 10-22-2012, 08:43 AM   #37
tcufrog
Mouseketeer

You need to undergo more than a thyroid test. As someone you has been where you're at I recommend seeing an actual psychologist or psychiatrist who can properly test and diagnose you. One of the main things that seems to be making you depressed is the fact that your mother is very negative towards you and you feel like you don't have control of your life. How old are you? My next bit of advice regarding how to gain control of your life will depend on your age.

Finally, regarding your weight. Some people are happy being overweight but at least for me and many other people I know being overweight makes them less happy and sometimes even depressed. Right now I need to lose about 60 pounds. I got there because I got too busy to exercise and cook healthy meals. Now I have less energy, get tired more easily and find it more difficult to climb stairs. It's hard to find clothes that fit me properly in my closet and the ones that fit me right are more than I can afford right now. Add all that up and I feel like crap. Last week I started eating healthier meals and am trying to live a more active life. Even though I haven't lost more than a pound or two yet I am starting to feel better and my bad mood is starting to lift.

If you really want to stop being depressed you need to look at yourself holistically and be willing to do the mental and physical heavy lifting it takes to get there. You can do it but you are the one who has to choose to do it.
tcufrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 01:29 PM   #38
Luv0fDisney
DIS Veteran

Thanks for all the advice. It really helps put things into perspective sort to speak. I'm here to close this thread sort to speak because I won't be checking back here again. But I do appreciate all the advice you gave me.
Old 10-23-2012, 02:35 PM   #39
ccgirl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Thanks for all the advice. It really helps put things into perspective sort to speak. I'm here to close this thread sort to speak because I won't be checking back here again. But I do appreciate all the advice you gave me.
I hope you are doing okay. I'm not sure how old you are but when I was under 20 I remember thinking I thought the world was against me and I was all on my own. It wasn't until I was older that I realized that was not the case at all.
Pre-Trip Report http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2503063
Oct 2011 - F&W AKL and BCV
May 2012 - HGVC SeaWorld
ccgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 08:48 AM   #40
xipotec
Grinning Ghosts

You are different, many of us are and understand.

It takes alot for people like us to make connections with others and to hold them for any length of time.

The world has always been alien to me, even at 40 years old.
The good news is, being different is awsome! And when you finally meet a few people like yourself, those relationships carry you along
Before that too many to list
!

SOME IMAGINATION, HUH??? - Mickey Mouse
xipotec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 10:06 PM   #41
Shelly F - Ohio
Disney Extraordinaire

Honey you mentioned your Mom said over weight people don't have friends. Well you have all of us as your friend.

CBR - 2004 & Joined DVC 2004,
DCL 4 night- 2005,
SSR - Feb 2005, 06, & 09, Oct 08, May 2011, Oct 12, Feb 13..... CSR 07,... AKV Sept 2008,2012,2013... VWL Feb 2009, 2010, 2012 ... OKW Sept 2009, Feb2012...BCV 2013, 2014
Shelly F - Ohio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 07:54 AM   #42
mjperry
One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation. Right at the start of anything that's new, one little spark lights up for you.

Embrace your uniqueness and be who you are.

I have felt the same way ally life, but just decided

to be myself, it's the only way to be happy.

You will never please everyone and if you try to

You will waste lots of good energy, energy that

You can spend on doing something positive in life.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards
July - 2010 - POP
June - 2011 - POP
*Plus Three Times Off Site, before I knew better.
My Disney Blog
http://www.interplantarypodcast.blogspot.com

T

mjperry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 08:58 PM   #43
Sabeking
DIS Veteran

OP I know you said you were not going to respond anymore but I wanted you to know I am still thinking about you and praying for you!
Old 10-27-2012, 09:20 PM   #44
DisneyFan32WI
Sometimes I just like to be plain and boring

I'm not giving up on you either. I truly hope you will still come back. Please pm me if you ever want to talk.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: