Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Global Neighbours > Other Lands > Australia
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read





Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 10-09-2012, 07:30 AM   #16
ColinA
DIS Veteran
 
ColinA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Central Coast, Australia and The Boardwalk
Posts: 533

Quote:
Originally Posted by JennyN View Post
Yes Franrose we are going in 2012. About 6 weeks until we leave. :b anana::ban ana:
2013 for this thread!
ColinA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 07:13 PM   #17
Franrose
DIS Veteran
 
Franrose's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Kiwi Queenslander
Posts: 526

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColinA View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by JennyN
Yes Franrose we are going in 2012. About 6 weeks until we leave.
2013 for this thread!
Not so long to wait for you then, very cool!!

(Not that I mind waiting. It's *not* having a trip somewhere in the works that I don't like, lol!)
__________________
DL, WDW... 80s, 90s, 2004, 2011, 2013, ...?

Franrose is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 10-10-2012, 03:55 AM   #18
ColinA
DIS Veteran
 
ColinA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Central Coast, Australia and The Boardwalk
Posts: 533

We will be there as usual 14th Dec and home around the 20th Jan. Staying at our BWV, the best resort in WDW!

Last edited by ColinA; 10-10-2012 at 04:40 AM.
ColinA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 08:17 PM   #19
shushh
DIS Veteran
 
shushh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 2,229

Count me in! Rough plans at the moment is to fly Dec 9 to WDW. Going on the Fantasy on Dec 21, drive around the Southern States for about 2 weeks and hopping on the Allure of the Seas on Jan 12.

WAMUMOF4, did you end up geting the house?
__________________
April 2010 Mediterranean Cruise Disney Magic TR
Dec 2010 WDW, NY, Washington DC TR
Jan 2011 Panama Canal Cruise Disney Wonder TR
May 2011 Hong Kong Disneyland TR
Sep 2011 Salt Lake City, Disneyland TR
Dec 2012 France, Disneyland Paris, Italy, Cruise to the Holy Land
May 2013 Tokyo Disney Sea TR
Dec 2013 WDW, Caribbean Cruise Disney Fantasy, Caribbean Cruise Allure of the Seas, Disneyland
Jun 2015 Disney Wonder Alaskan Cruise
shushh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 08:48 PM   #20
WAMUMOF4
DIS Veteran
 
WAMUMOF4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 1,866

Quote:
Originally Posted by shushh View Post
Count me in! Rough plans at the moment is to fly Dec 9 to WDW. Going on the Fantasy on Dec 21, drive around the Southern States for about 2 weeks and hopping on the Allure of the Seas on Jan 12.

WAMUMOF4, did you end up geting the house?
We are a couple of months of being ready to buy we just went looking to see if we wanted to build which was the plan or if we would be happy with an existing house not expecting to find something we liked its been on the market for 4 months and we dont think it will sell in hurry it backs on to a highway and is quite noisy in the backyard but DH assures me we can reduce the noise so if it is still for sale when we are ready we will relook at it we were the only people at the open and the agent was very happy to see us
Funny thing is ds15 who has been desperate for us to buy a house is now saying Mum i am wondering if you should wait till i turn 18 and then you dont need a house so big and we could do more traveling I figure i may as well milk it whilst your paying I just about fell over but i do like his way of thinking
__________________
Disneyland July 2010 Disneyworld August 2011
2012 Disneyland, DCL Magic, WDW, Disneyland
WAMUMOF4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 11:45 PM   #21
battymum
DIS Veteran
 
battymum's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Sydney
Posts: 1,793

Quote:
Originally Posted by IvanovaTC View Post
I'll be taking my DD (16) to spend 8 days at the Poly instead of her going to schoolies on the Gold Coast after year 12. I win!!
Trying to organise a similar trip with DD -except will probably do NYC for a week and 4 days at DLR. (only a pipedream at this stage)

Would like to ask my sister and her DD to tag along - and maybe mother too.

Noone else knows my plans, but if I put it out there, it could happen.
battymum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 08:46 PM   #22
JacknDawn4ever
"All the world is made of faith, trust, and pixie dust."
 
JacknDawn4ever's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: South Carolina
Posts: 135

Planning a surprise vacation for November 9-15, 2013 for our DS's (they think we may go in 2014). DH and I are super excited about being at Disney to see the Christmas decorations. We will stay at POR because it feels like home to us. My oldest DS told me a few weeks ago, "Mama, I really miss Disneyworld. Do you ever get homesick for it?" How could I not start planning!?!?
__________________
Me DH DS (14) DS (9)



First Disney Trip - 1985 with Grandparents - stayed offsite
Family's First Disney Trip - March 2012 - POR
November 2014 - POR
JacknDawn4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 06:19 AM   #23
shushh
DIS Veteran
 
shushh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 2,229

Quote:
Originally Posted by WAMUMOF4 View Post
We are a couple of months of being ready to buy we just went looking to see if we wanted to build which was the plan or if we would be happy with an existing house not expecting to find something we liked its been on the market for 4 months and we dont think it will sell in hurry it backs on to a highway and is quite noisy in the backyard but DH assures me we can reduce the noise so if it is still for sale when we are ready we will relook at it we were the only people at the open and the agent was very happy to see us
Funny thing is ds15 who has been desperate for us to buy a house is now saying Mum i am wondering if you should wait till i turn 18 and then you dont need a house so big and we could do more traveling I figure i may as well milk it whilst your paying I just about fell over but i do like his way of thinking
Your DS is one smart cookie!
It sounds like exciting times ahead for you. I hope everything goes well with the purchase!
__________________
April 2010 Mediterranean Cruise Disney Magic TR
Dec 2010 WDW, NY, Washington DC TR
Jan 2011 Panama Canal Cruise Disney Wonder TR
May 2011 Hong Kong Disneyland TR
Sep 2011 Salt Lake City, Disneyland TR
Dec 2012 France, Disneyland Paris, Italy, Cruise to the Holy Land
May 2013 Tokyo Disney Sea TR
Dec 2013 WDW, Caribbean Cruise Disney Fantasy, Caribbean Cruise Allure of the Seas, Disneyland
Jun 2015 Disney Wonder Alaskan Cruise
shushh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 10:44 PM   #24
Aussiefamof5
Mouseketeer
 
Aussiefamof5's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 160

Hi Franrose we are heading to the mouses house in Novemer 2013 for ten nights.Our first trip, for me and the kids, but hubby was there 20 years ago!!
__________________
Me DP DS15 DS9 DD3

Disneyland DLH & HOJO November 2013

Aussiefamof5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 05:23 PM   #25
Sugarglider
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Canberra, Australia
Posts: 1,050

Hi Aussiefamof5!
Welcome - and how exciting - a brand new adventure
__________________
1993 WDW offsite; 2006 DLR offsite; 2008 TDL MiraCosta; 2009 WDW BWI & WL; 2010 WDW CR & BC-CL; 2010 DLR GCH; 2011 WDW PR, OKW & CR; 2012 WDW SSR & AKV; 2014 WDW BWV & GF!!
Check out my blog about Disney, Orlando and Zonta International: Mrs Banks goes to Convention
YAY!
Sugarglider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 08:40 PM   #26
Aussiefamof5
Mouseketeer
 
Aussiefamof5's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 160

Yes we are really excited... 12 months out but our planning is all done lol

what to do now
__________________
Me DP DS15 DS9 DD3

Disneyland DLH & HOJO November 2013

Aussiefamof5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 10:50 PM   #27
Franrose
DIS Veteran
 
Franrose's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Kiwi Queenslander
Posts: 526

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aussiefamof5 View Post
Yes we are really excited... 12 months out but our planning is all done lol

what to do now
Overanalyse lol! Or microplan... do you have your printed out itinerary with your park attack method colour-coded and detailed in all it's minutiae yet?? Most important!
__________________
DL, WDW... 80s, 90s, 2004, 2011, 2013, ...?

Franrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 10:52 PM   #28
Franrose
DIS Veteran
 
Franrose's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Kiwi Queenslander
Posts: 526

Quote:
Originally Posted by JacknDawn4ever View Post
Planning a surprise vacation for November 9-15, 2013 for our DS's (they think we may go in 2014). DH and I are super excited about being at Disney to see the Christmas decorations. We will stay at POR because it feels like home to us. My oldest DS told me a few weeks ago, "Mama, I really miss Disneyworld. Do you ever get homesick for it?" How could I not start planning!?!?
JnD4eva - let me know if you meant to be included here, we're an Aussie/Kiwi group and you might not have picked that up! But hey, if you can handle planning with an accent...
__________________
DL, WDW... 80s, 90s, 2004, 2011, 2013, ...?

Franrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 10:58 PM   #29
Franrose
DIS Veteran
 
Franrose's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Kiwi Queenslander
Posts: 526

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aussiefamof5 View Post
Hi Franrose we are heading to the mouses house in Novemer 2013 for ten nights.Our first trip, for me and the kids, but hubby was there 20 years ago!!
Actually, since you are done, what dates do you have and I can update the first post? And are you doing DL or WDW?

(Ha ha ha, as I wrote yours in a moment ago, I thought "November", typed "November", and read it as "November", posted and checked it and it said December lol. Must have my own trip on the brain )
__________________
DL, WDW... 80s, 90s, 2004, 2011, 2013, ...?

Franrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 02:10 AM   #30
Marlea98
DIS Veteran
 
Marlea98's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 2,053

Quote:
Originally Posted by Franrose View Post
Overanalyse lol! Or microplan... do you have your printed out itinerary with your park attack method colour-coded and detailed in all it's minutiae yet?? Most important!
You MUST include toilet breaks, drink stops plus the obligatory photo locations

Or you can just be like me and live life on the edge and wing it
__________________
Marlea98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:48 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.