Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 10-20-2012, 04:09 PM   #3571
kaguilbeau
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robinw0506 View Post
Thank you! We are thinking the front corner in front of the window would be best. The only worry was outside noise. We use sound machines at night at home so we would be bringing those along.

I'm sure it will fit, just looking for best options...without having to rearrange 10 times during our trip
We brought our sound machine this past week. It was very nice having it, not because of the noise outside - but because it was sooo terribly quite without it
Once you are there, you can decide if the pack 'n play will work best for you inside the bathroom vanity area or by the window. The pack 'n play should be easy enough to move. The bathroom vanity area is large enough that two adults sat on the floor rearranging clothes in our suitcases and putting on makeup while the others slept. Loved the sliding wooden doors!!

Old 10-20-2012, 04:17 PM   #3572
kaguilbeau
DIS Veteran

Just returned from a nice 3 night stay at CSR.

I noticed exterior painting and pressure washing of some buildings going on. I would think that would be a continual work-in-progress.

I transferred over from a one night stay at All-Star Sports. The CM said I was assigned to Rancheros. I remember reading more than one person say "don't let them 'stick' you in this area!!". I asked if she had anything else in one of the other sections. She found Cabanas 8A - perfect location! The CM stressed that she was trying to get me in a room that was ready. That was nice, but my luggage wouldn't arrive until that afternoon since Disney was transferring it, and my kids were already at a park waiting on me to come back with the park tickets/room keys.

I love the feel of the moderates, and this one was no exception. I'd stay here again.

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-20-2012, 07:36 PM   #3573
seasidespences
Mouseketeer

I'm probably overlooking this info but can someone tell me how I would find out about conventions/events going on at CSR...I'm curious to see if there will be one during our visit...Feb 26-March 6,13
Old 10-20-2012, 08:28 PM   #3574
StitchandPooh'sMom
Now if only I could think of something witty to say . . .

Quote:
Originally Posted by seasidespences View Post
I'm probably overlooking this info but can someone tell me how I would find out about conventions/events going on at CSR...I'm curious to see if there will be one during our visit...Feb 26-March 6,13
There is a partial list on the first page. This is what I have found so far for those dates:

February 27-28, Trinovus Compliance Knowledgeshare

March 6-9, Appliance Service Training Institute

The end of February/first of March has previously been the time frame for the Grainger convention, which is huge. But they are moving to the Orlando Convention Center in 2013, and the convention will be in mid-March.

I use Google to find CSR conventions, so there may be more out there than I have found.
Old 10-20-2012, 08:40 PM   #3575
seasidespences
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by StitchandPooh'sMom

There is a partial list on the first page. This is what I have found so far for those dates:

February 27-28, Trinovus Compliance Knowledgeshare

March 6-9, Appliance Service Training Institute

The end of February/first of March has previously been the time frame for the Grainger convention, which is huge. But they are moving to the Orlando Convention Center in 2013, and the convention will be in mid-March.

I use Google to find CSR conventions, so there may be more out there than I have found.
Thanks for the info....any idea how large the two conventions you mentioned are?
Old 10-21-2012, 08:14 PM   #3576
turftoega
Family sherpa and pack mule

Excited and nervous. Checking in on Saturday and looking forward to exploring a new resort. Thanks for all the pictures and details. Will add mine as our visit progresses.

Old 10-21-2012, 08:48 PM   #3577
ashleyrm
DIS Veteran

Looking forward to seeing your pictures and hearing about your experience. Our stay at CSR in December will be my first time there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by turftoega View Post
Excited and nervous. Checking in on Saturday and looking forward to exploring a new resort. Thanks for all the pictures and details. Will add mine as our visit progresses.
March 1994 - Poly; 1995 - CBR; Nov 1997 - All Star Music; Dec 1998 - Beach Club; Aug 1999 - Dixie Landings; July 2002 - POR; Summer 2003 - ASMo; Nov 2004 - POR; April 2005 - OKW Jan 2009 - Port Orleans French Quarter; ; Feb 2009 - POR; Mar/Apr 2009 - BC; May 2009 - POFQ; Nov 2009 - Pop; Mar 2011 - All Star Movies; Apr 2012 - POR; Aug 2012 - ASMu; Dec 2012 - CSR; Feb 2013 - ASSports; May 2013- POFQ; Oct 2013 -CSR; Dec 2013 - ASSports; Feb '14 - AKL; Apr '14 - POP; May '14 - SSR treehouse; Jul 14 - CSR; Oct '14 POFQ/CSR
Old 10-22-2012, 10:43 AM   #3578
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Just when I had decided to call and change our CBR reservation to the CSR, I see that a new convention has been added to the list. (Fusion el Carnaval ) I went to the convention's website and it looks like the 2012 convention had over 1,000 attendees. Holy smokes! Do most of the attendees stay at the convention center itself (in this case the CSR)?

2014 trip report: Disney dangled the visual weinee and Mickeystoontown gobbled it up! Our two week adventure!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....6#post51642226

Old 10-22-2012, 12:00 PM   #3579
StitchandPooh'sMom

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeystoontown View Post
Just when I had decided to call and change our CBR reservation to the CSR, I see that a new convention has been added to the list. (Fusion el Carnaval ) I went to the convention's website and it looks like the 2012 convention had over 1,000 attendees. Holy smokes! Do most of the attendees stay at the convention center itself (in this case the CSR)?
It looks like they are expecting a lot of people (1000+ if their promtional material is to be believed). That is not necessarily a bad thing if all those people are in conferences all day. They would not necessarily all stay at CSR - it depends how many rooms they have blocked at the convention rate. From the agenda, it looks like they have breakfast and lunch in the convention center everyday. On Wednesday night (May 22), they are bussing everyone over to Universal Citywalk for a private event.

The issues I see are:

Sunday May 19th from 6-10 pm - opening reception at the Cabanas beach. I would probably not want a waterview cabanas room on that date if you have little ones who would go to bed before 10:00.

Monday and Tuesday - no scheduled evening activities, so the bars will probably be more crowded than usual, unless the attendees go offsite or to the parks.

I would expect the buses, pool and restaurants to be less crowded than usual during those dates since a portion of CSR guests will not be going to the parks.
Old 10-22-2012, 12:09 PM   #3580
StitchandPooh'sMom

Quote:
Originally Posted by seasidespences View Post
Thanks for the info....any idea how large the two conventions you mentioned are?
Sorry - I just saw this.

The Compliance Knowledgeshare is one of six scheduled throughout the country in 2013 (another is Las Vegas, which might draw more of the party crowd), so I don't think it will have the scope of a national or international conference.

The appliance service training appears to be an annual meeting, but I don't know what the historical attendance is. Here is the link to the schedule:

http://www.cvent.com/events/applianc...dbd79ee47.aspx

It looks like they start early with breakfast and go all day, including evening activities. I'm not sure you would see them much.
Old 10-22-2012, 12:24 PM   #3581
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by StitchandPooh'sMom View Post
It looks like they are expecting a lot of people (1000+ if their promtional material is to be believed). That is not necessarily a bad thing if all those people are in conferences all day. They would not necessarily all stay at CSR - it depends how many rooms they have blocked at the convention rate. From the agenda, it looks like they have breakfast and lunch in the convention center everyday. On Wednesday night (May 22), they are bussing everyone over to Universal Citywalk for a private event.

The issues I see are:

Sunday May 19th from 6-10 pm - opening reception at the Cabanas beach. I would probably not want a waterview cabanas room on that date if you have little ones who would go to bed before 10:00.

Monday and Tuesday - no scheduled evening activities, so the bars will probably be more crowded than usual, unless the attendees go offsite or to the parks.

I would expect the buses, pool and restaurants to be less crowded than usual during those dates since a portion of CSR guests will not be going to the parks.
Thanks for the info! We are CBR lovers through and through but wanted to try a different resort in 2013. Since the beaches are our favorite part of the CBR, the thought of having at least a bit of a beach at the CSR is appealing.

Our arrival date is May 22nd so maybe the convention won't have much of an affect on our stay.

My 79 year old mother likes to spend time at the resort while we are in the parks. I want to make sure that she's comfortable with our resort choice. We would not be booking a preferred location but would like to request something near the food court so that she wouldn't have a long walk. Any suggestions?

2014 trip report: Disney dangled the visual weinee and Mickeystoontown gobbled it up! Our two week adventure!

Old 10-22-2012, 12:45 PM   #3582
StitchandPooh'sMom

Quote:
Thanks for the info! We are CBR lovers through and through but wanted to try a different resort in 2013. Since the beaches are our favorite part of the CBR, the thought of having at least a bit of a beach at the CSR is appealing.

Our arrival date is May 22nd so maybe the convention won't have much of an affect on our stay.

My 79 year old mother likes to spend time at the resort while we are in the parks. I want to make sure that she's comfortable with our resort choice. We would not be booking a preferred location but would like to request something near the food court so that she wouldn't have a long walk. Any suggestions?
You should be fine if you are arriving the 22nd. They will be offsite that evening, and the convention ends the next day.

The cabanas have a sandy beach, palm trees and hammocks (there is also a hammock in the casitas section). My kids love to play on the hammocks.

The closest buildings to the food court are the preferred buildings, but the cabanas are not that far away. For 2013, CSR will offer the opportunity to book cabana 9B as a business class room with access to a lounge (kind of "club level lite"). Since that is new, I don't know if all rooms in 9B will be business class, or if you can still request 9B, which is the closest cabana to the main building. Moving to the right from El Centro, the closest buildings are cabanas 9B, 9A, 8B, then 8A, in that order.

I would request close to El Centro for mobility reasons. The casitas might be fully booked for the convention, so you can either add cabanas as a preference (since you like the beach and it is close to the main building) or just leave it as close to El Centro (sometimes people are upgraded to preferred rooms).

CSR park buses run casitas (stop #2), ranchos (stop #3), cabanas (#4), then El Centro (#1), so your mom could get on any park bus and ride it to El Centro. Downtown Disney buses run El Centro, Casitas, Ranchos, then Cabanas, so it would need to be a park bus to have the last stop at El Centro. She could take a DTD bus from El Centro to any of the villages, but they are much less frequent.
Old 10-22-2012, 12:49 PM   #3583
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by StitchandPooh'sMom View Post
You should be fine if you are arriving the 22nd. They will be offsite that evening, and the convention ends the next day.

The cabanas have a sandy beach, palm trees and hammocks (there is also a hammock in the casitas section). My kids love to play on the hammocks.

The closest buildings to the food court are the preferred buildings, but the cabanas are not that far away. For 2013, CSR will offer the opportunity to book cabana 9B as a business class room with access to a lounge (kind of "club level lite"). Since that is new, I don't know if all rooms in 9B will be business class, or if you can still request 9B, which is the closest cabana to the main building. Moving to the right from El Centro, the closest buildings are cabanas 9B, 9A, 8B, then 8A, in that order.

I would request close to El Centro for mobility reasons. The casitas might be fully booked for the convention, so you can either add cabanas as a preference (since you like the beach and it is close to the main building) or just leave it as close to El Centro (sometimes people are upgraded to preferred rooms).

CSR park buses run casitas (stop #2), ranchos (stop #3), cabanas (#4), then El Centro (#1), so your mom could get on any park bus and ride it to El Centro. Downtown Disney buses run El Centro, Casitas, Ranchos, then Cabanas, so it would need to be a park bus to have the last stop at El Centro. She could take a DTD bus from El Centro to any of the villages, but they are much less frequent.
Once again, Thanks for the information! KatMark can attest that each year, we say we are going to try something new but then end up at the CBR. I think that I'll go ahead and modify the reservations (we have three rooms booked) and simply put in a request for "close to El Centro".

Old 10-22-2012, 01:05 PM   #3584
lovethattink
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Hey Lisa! I think CSR is a great choice for you. We've been there through many conventions and only had to modify our plans during two of them.

Are you going to have your car? We found the convention goers to use the buses mostly at night, especially to DTD.

Also, the resort tries to book the convention guests in the same area. At least that's what I was told when I booked the mustang convention. Though I requested a building anyway.

Chances are the cabana pool will be closed during the time the convention has the beach booked.

Food options increase when there is a convention. I was there recently eating at the Pepper Market for lunch when we noticed tables set up selling food and beverage outside of Rix Lounge. They had sandwiches, snacks, soda, beer, etc. I inquired about this and they said it's a large convention. We took a stroll after lunch and the resort itself was empty!
Old 10-22-2012, 01:18 PM   #3585
StitchandPooh'sMom

Quote:
Once again, Thanks for the information! KatMark can attest that each year, we say we are going to try something new but then end up at the CBR. I think that I'll go ahead and modify the reservations (we have three rooms booked) and simply put in a request for "close to El Centro".
We say the same thing, although we usually end up at CSR or one of the deluxes. Now that the other mods are getting queen beds, we would be more likely to try another mod. The double beds are a deal-breaker for DH. Looking forward to queen beds some day at CBR to give us another option!
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: