Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 10-17-2012, 10:39 AM   #3811
dansdad
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zooshoveller View Post
Can I get some more details on the marshmallow roasts and poolside movies? We will be there in 23 days!
Just to expand on what mickeystoontown stated. Here is the movie schedule for the month of October. It is subject to change, but you will also get the schedule when you check in.

Disney's Caribbean Beach Resort Movie Schedule

8:00PM - By the Feature Pool
Sunday - Pocahontas
Monday -Halloweentown
Tuesday - The Nightmare Before Christmas
Wednesday -Hocus Pocus
Thursday - Monsters, Inc.
Friday - Cinderella (See our Princess Page)
Saturday - The Princess & the Frog

Also, the marshmallow roast usually starts about an hour before the movie. Both times change as the time of sunset changes throughout the year. The CMs have marshmallows and sticks. If you want s'mores, you'll have to bring the chocalate and graham crackers. Those are available in the gift shop. The CMs that do the marshmallow roast are awesome any time we have do it. They are full of great stories and tid bits about CBR and WDW in general.
Old 10-18-2012, 02:57 AM   #3812
stefani_
Mouseketeer

How does the internal bus system work? Is it frequent? If we were to walk to the farthest end of the resort from the main bus stop where the park buses do pickups and drop-offs, how long would that take? It is my understanding that the internal bus is SEPARATE from the park buses, which is different from the Port Orleans park buses that service ALL four depots at Riverside, along with FQ for certain times of the day. Is this correct?
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-18-2012, 07:42 AM   #3813
dansdad
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by stefani_ View Post
How does the internal bus system work? Is it frequent? If we were to walk to the farthest end of the resort from the main bus stop where the park buses do pickups and drop-offs, how long would that take? It is my understanding that the internal bus is SEPARATE from the park buses, which is different from the Port Orleans park buses that service ALL four depots at Riverside, along with FQ for certain times of the day. Is this correct?
Not quite correct. Yes, there is an internal bus system that stops at all the villages, OPR and the Custom House (where you check-in/out). It runs constantly and the internal loop takes ~10 minutes to go all the way around. Other than after checking in, we have never needed the internal bus. Even if you are in the farthest location from OPR and the Main Pool, it is a 10 minute walk to them. We like to stay in Jamaica 45 and it's a 5 minute walk to OPR and the Main Pool.

There is no main bus stop that you need to go to in order to catch a bus to the parks. The buses to the parks stop at every village to pick up and drop off. In that respect, it is exactly the same as POR and POFQ. We like this setup because you are never far from a bus stop. The buses all will be clearly marked with either Internal or which park they are going to.

I hope this helps!
Old 10-18-2012, 03:04 PM   #3814
stefani_
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dansdad View Post
Not quite correct. Yes, there is an internal bus system that stops at all the villages, OPR and the Custom House (where you check-in/out). It runs constantly and the internal loop takes ~10 minutes to go all the way around. Other than after checking in, we have never needed the internal bus. Even if you are in the farthest location from OPR and the Main Pool, it is a 10 minute walk to them. We like to stay in Jamaica 45 and it's a 5 minute walk to OPR and the Main Pool.

There is no main bus stop that you need to go to in order to catch a bus to the parks. The buses to the parks stop at every village to pick up and drop off. In that respect, it is exactly the same as POR and POFQ. We like this setup because you are never far from a bus stop. The buses all will be clearly marked with either Internal or which park they are going to.

I hope this helps!
Thank you very much, that is very helpful! I was worried about the walk after being spoiled with staying at POFQ last year, and in the closest building and stairwell at that! However that does not sound too bad.
Old 10-20-2012, 12:28 AM   #3815
fairytalelover
DIS Veteran

This is a great thread! We are going to be staying here for the first time soon and can't wait. I love the photos and info in this thread

ME DH DSDisneyland(hundreds of times) Disneyland Hotel 6/05&12/05; Disney Fairytale Wedding@Disneyland 6/05;WDW 2/04,6/05,5/12,10/14; Port Orleans Riverside 2/04&6/05;All Star Movies Resort 5/12;Coronado Springs 10/9/14;Caribbean Beach 10/1/15; Disney Wonder 6/05;Disney Dream 4/12;Disney Fantasy 10/18/14, 10/10/15
Old 10-20-2012, 12:39 AM   #3816
fairytalelover
DIS Veteran

Are there any recent photos of this resort? The photos on this thread seem a few years old

ME DH DSDisneyland(hundreds of times) Disneyland Hotel 6/05&12/05; Disney Fairytale Wedding@Disneyland 6/05;WDW 2/04,6/05,5/12,10/14; Port Orleans Riverside 2/04&6/05;All Star Movies Resort 5/12;Coronado Springs 10/9/14;Caribbean Beach 10/1/15; Disney Wonder 6/05;Disney Dream 4/12;Disney Fantasy 10/18/14, 10/10/15
Old 10-20-2012, 07:25 AM   #3817
bigbabyblues
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by fairytalelover View Post
Are there any recent photos of this resort? The photos on this thread seem a few years old
There have been some added in the last few months on the CBR Pics thread. I can't get the link to work on my iPad, but if you to to the top of the Resorts board, and click on the Resort Photos/Video sub board, the thread is on that page.
Old 10-20-2012, 08:14 AM   #3818
Zooshoveller
WAR EAGLE

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbabyblues

There have been some added in the last few months on the CBR Pics thread. I can't get the link to work on my iPad, but if you to to the top of the Resorts board, and click on the Resort Photos/Video sub board, the thread is on that page.
Thanks! I had to subscribe to that one as well!

Old 10-20-2012, 10:05 AM   #3819
EpcotBill
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by fairytalelover View Post
I don't know what you consider recent but 2012 pictures start on page 53 of the CBR pictures thread, http://www.disboards.com/showthread....845975&page=53.
Old 10-22-2012, 05:13 AM   #3820
Jpgirl
I make my dog carry his poo!

Honeymoon

OK bear with me. My dd got married this past Sat and the other set of parents have given them a honeymoon. There is no limit,BUT my dd and son in law don't want to break the bank. This week they are driving around Texas (where we live). They're free spirited and don't plan so I am hunting WDW for next week.

We've been to WDW before but not stayed at the moderates. Any specific advice for a nice/pretty room or locale in CBR? I'd love for them to stay at the Poly but I don't think they want to impose that upon the parents
TIA
Old 10-23-2012, 09:27 AM   #3821
3Leafs
DIS Veteran

We are staying here for the first time Nov 12-16 for our 10 year anniversary and I am so excited! Now we have stayed at POR a few times can someone compare CBR to POR for me as far as walking distance to the food court? I'm wondering if its similiar to each other? Thanks
Old 10-23-2012, 09:59 AM   #3822
DISNEYLOVER70
Speaks softly but carries a big stick!

3LEAFS: Just wanted to say Happy Anniversary !! We too are staying at CBR for our 21st from Nov. 29-Dec 4. Never stayed at a Moderate, only Deluxe and PoP. Looking forward to it!!

Hope you get your question answered and that you have a wonderful anniversary trip!!!

Old 10-23-2012, 10:18 AM   #3823
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3Leafs View Post
We are staying here for the first time Nov 12-16 for our 10 year anniversary and I am so excited! Now we have stayed at POR a few times can someone compare CBR to POR for me as far as walking distance to the food court? I'm wondering if its similiar to each other? Thanks
Our walk from one of the furthest buildings in Barbados was 7 1/2 minutes but we were behind a couple with a double stroller who were walking very slowly. The walks from Jamaica Bldgs. 41 and 42 were about 5 minutes and from non-preferred buildings in Martinique were about 5 minutes as well.

2014 trip report: Disney dangled the visual weinee and Mickeystoontown gobbled it up! Our two week adventure!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....6#post51642226

Old 10-23-2012, 10:19 AM   #3824
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jpgirl View Post
OK bear with me. My dd got married this past Sat and the other set of parents have given them a honeymoon. There is no limit,BUT my dd and son in law don't want to break the bank. This week they are driving around Texas (where we live). They're free spirited and don't plan so I am hunting WDW for next week.

We've been to WDW before but not stayed at the moderates. Any specific advice for a nice/pretty room or locale in CBR? I'd love for them to stay at the Poly but I don't think they want to impose that upon the parents
TIA
How nice of them to offer to pay for the trip! I would be like them and couldn't ask that they pay for a stay at the Polynesian. That's a big chunk of change!

We have stayed in Jamaica several times in buildings 41 and 42 and it was a great location. The walk to the food court, main pool, etc. were about 5 minutes.

2014 trip report: Disney dangled the visual weinee and Mickeystoontown gobbled it up! Our two week adventure!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....6#post51642226

Old 10-23-2012, 11:12 AM   #3825
cybrkitn
We called it Bonko
I loved climbing trees
Don't apply for a job there! DUH!!!!!
Dork/geeky or just plain scary. You be the judge

Weird Question

Does anyone have a picture of the hairdryers outside of the cradle that holds it? I have a universal diffuser and I want to make sure this will go over it. I'm thinking the barrel might be a bit short and the diffuser may not fit over it.

Thanks.

ETA: Just noticed the pictures on page 53 that was mentioned from a PP. I noticed that Snuggles was in the vending machine for a fabric softner sheet. Does anyone know if Bounce is available as I'm allergic to Snuggles and DS10 has a reaction to Downy.

"People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect... but actually, from a non-linear, non subjective viewpoint, it's more like a big ball of wibbly-wobbly...timey-wimey...stuff." The Doctor

Last edited by cybrkitn; 10-23-2012 at 11:18 AM.
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: