Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants > Disney Dining Reviews
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-16-2012, 11:49 AM   #136
jmm476
DIS Veteran

Love the review of V&A! It's on my bucket list, I'll get there someday...
WDW Commando Member #75

No trip planned right now

My first dining review! Jan 2011
jmm476 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 11:43 PM   #137
emmysmommy
DIS Veteran

Shari - Congratulations on an amazing anniversary dinner at V&A!!! What an amazing looking experience. You were lovely in your pretty dress!

I was trying to count the courses but I think I lost track! Seriously though, what a wonderful meal!
emmysmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-19-2012, 11:00 AM   #138
mamaboogie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jecskc View Post
I really enjoyed your V&A review !! I would so love to do that someday, but DH would choke at the price. It is nice to live vicariously through you, however !!
It is bit pricey - but you do get value for money! Thanks for reading

Quote:
Originally Posted by dixonsontour View Post
What a great review.

Loved your dress aswell
Awww....thanks! It was nice to have an excuse to go posh dress shopping.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linda67 View Post
Oh Shari what a wonderful review

Now I want to go to V&A

Oh and by the way you both look wonderful
Thanks Linda

It really was a magical experience - the very reason we go to Disney - so have these amazing experiences. I would heartily recommend anyone to go if they can.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jedijill View Post
Great review! V&A is the best... equaled only to Remy on DCL.

Jill in CO
One day Jill....one day....

Quote:
Originally Posted by meryll83 View Post
How many choices are there for each course?
I think there were about 3 or 4 choices for each course. It was very hard to decide what to have and we didn't want to have the same things - so we could try more different dishes!

Quote:
Originally Posted by auntfrannie View Post
Loved the V&A review! It's on my list for my birthday trip next year. I've never been but keep reading wonderful reviews. <sigh> Less than a year to wait!
You will not regret it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmm476 View Post
Love the review of V&A! It's on my bucket list, I'll get there someday...
I believe you will - and I can't wait to hear about it when you do!

Quote:
Originally Posted by emmysmommy View Post
Shari - Congratulations on an amazing anniversary dinner at V&A!!! What an amazing looking experience. You were lovely in your pretty dress!

I was trying to count the courses but I think I lost track! Seriously though, what a wonderful meal!
I lost track too! I think there were 7 courses altogether! I was worried how I would cope with all that food (and all that wine!) but the portions were manageable and nicely spaced out - it was only at the very end I was defeated....

Thanks for reading and taking the time to comment

I promise I will get some more reviews up this weekend
mamaboogie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 04:48 PM   #139
EKW
DIS Veteran

Where in the world did you get the Doctor Pooh shirt???? My boys are huge fans of the Doctor...I'd love to get my hands on this shirt!
Old 10-19-2012, 06:50 PM   #140
Roma
Mouseketeer

Wow what an amazing anniversary dinner for you at V&A! I really, really want to go there now thanks to your review.
Old 10-27-2012, 10:41 AM   #141
mamaboogie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by EKW View Post
Where in the world did you get the Doctor Pooh shirt???? My boys are huge fans of the Doctor...I'd love to get my hands on this shirt!
Apparently Simon got it online somewhere! It really did get an awful lot of remarks in WDW. Duffy Bear didn't like it though - a rival bear!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roma View Post
Wow what an amazing anniversary dinner for you at V&A! I really, really want to go there now thanks to your review.
Thank you - it really was amazing
Old 10-27-2012, 03:33 PM   #142
DisneyFansInLINY
DIS Veteran

Love your reviews! V&A is amazing. I ate their on my honeymoon back in 2007. It's the perfect way to celebrate a milestone.
DisneyFansInLINY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 06:22 PM   #143
Ro Z
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamaboogie View Post
Hello All!

We are back! We have eaten soooooo much delicious food and I can't wait to tell you about it!

Let's jump straight back into the good stuff.

We were up at stupid O'clock and winging our way to Manchester Airport. After all the checking in and getting rid of the luggage we went for our ritual Frankie and Benny's breakfast.

Sarah and I both had the pancakes with maple syrup:

Kate had the omelette breakfast:

And Simon had the traditional breakfast:

This set us up nicely until we got onto the plane and had our main meal:

There was a choice of lasagne, chicken in a creamy mushroom sauce and mushroom stroganoff. This was also served with smoked salmon and creme fraiche (yummy!) and a chocolate brownie.

Well, we survived the flight okay and managed to get checked in at Old Key West. We decided to go to Downtown Disney to eat - we had an ADR at Paradiso 37 which was a new experience for us.

We were led out onto the balcony - I was a bit worried that it would be too warm out there but it was actually quite nice watching the people of DTD go about their business. Even though we were very tired!

I decided to try one of these:

I know what you're thinking....Shari's just landed in Florida and she's already on the cocktails - but this is actually a 'No-Hito' a non-alcoholic version. Don't believe me? Well, Sarah and Kate also had one!

We decided to share some nachos with a trio of dips - queso, chilli and guacamole. These were all delicious!:

And there was plenty for the 4 of us.

I had the fish tacos (which were grouper this day):

I loved these - they were very tasty indeed. Lovely and crispy. But I was a bit too full after all those nachos...

Simon had a cheeseburger:

Kate had the chicken sandwich:

And Sarah had the chicken burrito:

The food here was all very tasty - and just hit the spot for four weary travellers.

I managed a creme brulee for dessert :

And Sarah had the doughnuts and churros:

By now, we were very tired indeed and we went back to our villa to dream of all the lovely food ahead.....

Paradiso 37 - Big Fatty rating: 7 out of 10

Coming up: Shari is re-united with her long, lost love.....
I have some serious catching up to do but............I am enjoying it so far! Thanks!! We like P37. My fav is the chicken sandwich.
Ro Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 06:40 PM   #144
Ro Z
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamaboogie View Post
So - our next day was EPCOT day.

After visiting Mars, going under the sea with Nemo and Soarin' over California we decided to stop off for some brunch at Sunshine Seasons.

We really like this counter service spot as it caters for everyone.

I had the beet and goats cheese salad which is always tasty and fresh:

Simon had the pork chop meal:

Kate wasn't too hungry so she nibbled on a cheese and fruit plate:

Sarah had a chicken caesar salad which was huge but I must have neglected to take a photo of it - hey! I was hungry okay?

I had a strawberry shortcake dessert:

This was lovely and creamy with lots of fruit in it. Simon had the chocolate cake:

Another good pick me up here at Sunshine Seasons. Refreshed we went back into the park for more fun. After reaching World Showcase, Simon and I 'accidentally' found ourselves in La Cava Del Tequila.....

The girls left us at this point to have a wander on their own (ahhh the joys of holidaying with a 16 year old and an 18 year old....)

Side note:

At points during this holiday it became difficult to consume alcohol as we became aware of a pair of accusatory eyes staring at us from across the table.

Yes, our eldest Sarah, has just become used to being able to go out and drink alcohol because in England, the legal age to drink is 18. Of course, in America the age is 21 and she wasn't very happy about it!

So we were happy to send her off with Kate so we could indulge in a little guilt free alcohol consumption...

What can I say? We absolutely loved La Cava! It's such a cool, intimate hideaway.

I had to try the much beloved avocado margarita:

I wasn't sure what to expect but I absolutely loved it! Look! :

Simon tried a tequila flight which he really enjoyed:

We also had to try some tortilla chips and salsa:

This was a wonderful break from the hustle and bustle. We could have stayed there all afternoon except for the fact we had to go and meet the kids!

I was sad that I never got back there for the rest of the holiday. Must try harder!

Coming up (honestly!): Tokyo Dining
Oooohhhh! That must be tough that she can't have a drink, legally, In WDW! I would feel guilty too. But not too guilty to go without! I am still reading!
Old 10-27-2012, 07:14 PM   #145
Ro Z
DIS Veteran

All caught up. Loved it! Got some great ideas for our trips!
Thanks again!
Old 10-28-2012, 05:35 AM   #146
mamaboogie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ro Z View Post
All caught up. Loved it! Got some great ideas for our trips!
Thanks again!
You are most welcome! It's the school holidays here so I hope to get some more updates a-flowing this week!
Old 10-28-2012, 10:39 PM   #147
Elmo9607
DIS Veteran

Oh my gosh, those pictures of V&A brought me back to when I ate there. It is SO GOOOOOOOD. I saw the ash-crusted halibut go by and about died

I even got to go into the kitchen when I was there...the Chef, Scott Hunnel, is a graduate of the same culinary school I go to. We just mentioned that we were there because I go to the same school as Scott to the server when we were asked if we were celebrating anything. At the end of our meal, we were told we were invited back into the kitchen to meet the Chef and look around! It was a TOTAL surprise and very, very cool. I must say, that is the CLEANEST kitchen I have ever seen

College Program at Cosmic Ray's January 2011-May 2011
Elmo9607 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 04:23 PM   #148
mamaboogie
DIS Veteran

The morning after the night before...

Now then...how could anything possibly compare with the awesome-ness of Victoria and Albert's? Of course, there isn't anything in the same league so the best thing to do is file it away and move on! There was still so much wonderful food to be had!

The next day found us having fun in Disney's Hollywood Studios and we ended up eating at one of our old favourites:

Yep, the wondrous Sci-Fi Dine in Theater. We always enjoy ourselves here. It is such a cool, quiet haven from the busy park. We have always found the food to be tasty and satisfying even if it is nothing spectacular.

The menu had changed slightly since we were last there and I must admit I struggled to choose an entree (last time I had the beef and blue salad which I really enjoyed)

Anyway, I went with the cheesy dip and tortillas, which is a starter but I was told I could have it as a main:

Sarah did the same except she had the loaded potato skins:

Simon and Kate went for their usual burger:

Simon had the apple cobbler for dessert:

I absolutely love this dessert - the chocolate peanut butter dessert. Crunchy on the outside and all warm and gooey on the inside:

We also enjoyed the lovely shakes they do there:

This is our favourite clip:

'I don't wanna grow anymore!'

We did really enjoy it here again. Our server was slightly disinterested but it didn't spoil the experience too much.

Big Fatty Rating: 6 out of 10

Coming up: A new experience in 'Kouzzina' for us!
Old 11-03-2012, 12:03 PM   #149
mamaboogie
DIS Veteran

So - the following day we were excited to be trying a new restaurant - Kouzzina! Opa!

We got to the boardwalk just as the restaurant was opening and we witnessed the whole staff walking outside for their 'team talk' before the shift.

We were soon seated in the very large dining room. We had been warned that this restaurant could get very noisy and it seemed it would be case as we were seated next to a large family party (about 20 people, mostly children!) But on the whole, it wasn't too bad an experience for us.

Our server was very good here - she was attentive and friendly and had lots of interesting information about the restaurant and the food.

I decided to try one of the many cocktails - I believe this was a Kouzzinarita:

Organic blanco tequila, Agave nectar, fresh lime juice, and a splash of pomegranite liquer. It was yummy:

For starters we decided to share the pita bread with spreads:

I think we had the chickpea hummus, whipped feta with peppers and Tzatziki. These were absolutely delicious and we soon finished them off.

Onto the entrees. Kate and I both had the short ribs on feta mashed potato:

This was amazing! The short ribs were so tasty and the mash was creamy and heavenly. We both absolutely loved this.

Simon had some kind of steak - possibly the rib-eye:

This was Sarah's meal:

I think it was a chicken dish - she seemed to enjoy it anyway.

Next up - dessert! Simon had the molten chocolate cake:

Sarah and I shared the loukamades:

These were scrummy yummy! Very sweet and stick and crispy on the outside. I'm glad we were sharing though - there's no way we could have eaten them all by ourselves!

To conclude - we had a brilliant meal here and we wouldn't hesitate to return. It was wonderful to try some different kinds of food and all in a lovely, friendly environment.

Big Fatty Rating: 8 out of 10
Old 11-03-2012, 01:09 PM   #150
nanienamou
Mouseketeer

Glad you had a nice dinner at Kouzzina. We really liked our breakfast there!
nanienamou is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: