Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-19-2012, 04:24 PM   #2491
MaryAnnDVC
"Mare", DISing since '99; prefers being tagless

Quote:
Originally Posted by joviroxx
MaryAnn, tried to PM you something but your inbox is full!!
Ack! Welcome to my cluttered world! lol I'll be home later tonight and will clear it out and send you a PM.
Old 10-19-2012, 06:08 PM   #2492
Nancy
I get all twitterpatted when he does that!
I eat hot dogs from both ends
Oh Mom, that's so tacky..we live in an upscale area
SHH, don't tell anyone but I'm on the computer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurby View Post
HUGE milestone for Nicole. Thought id share with those "with me" when she was born

Still not walking on her own but she tackled the stairs. Hopefully she'll be walking on her own when we head to disney world in December.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fAlXmwMADB4
That was just too cute. She was really putting some serious thought in how to do that!

So how hard was it to just watch her and not want to go help?
Nancy is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-19-2012, 07:26 PM   #2493
Kurby
All the adversity I've had in my life, all my troubles and obstacles, have strengthened me... You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you. ~Walt Disney

Location: Second star to the right and straight on 'til morning

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nancy View Post
That was just too cute. She was really putting some serious thought in how to do that!

So how hard was it to just watch her and not want to go help?
Not bad actually

She had done it once last week. Took her 20 minites to get down then. Gave up filming and just sat at the bottom incase she fell

Since the she just looked over the edge until today when she gave it another shot

Then we spent the next 40 minutes going up and down and up and down and up and down
Kurby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 03:16 PM   #2494
MaryAnnDVC

Casey Anthony: When will defamation trial start?
posted by halboedeker on November, 16 2012 12:37 PM

Charles Greene, attorney for Casey Anthony, in court last month. Photo credit: Red Huber/Orlando Sentinel

“It sounds like Zenaida’s attorneys got what they wanted,” WESH-Channel anchor Jason Guy said at noon Friday. WESH’s Bob Kealing agreed in reporting that Judge Lisa Munyon delayed the defamation trial against Casey Anthony. It had been set to start Jan. 2.
“We don’t have an exact date of when the trial is now going to go, but it’s safe to say that this case just got many months longer,” Kealing said.
At noon, WKMG-Channel 6 and WFTV-Channel 9 provided short reports that the judge had delayed the trial. The news had just broken. WESH went with the story later in its noon newscast and offered more details.
Zenaida Gonzalez is suing Anthony for defamation, saying her life was ruined when she was linked to the disappearance of toddler Caylee Anthony.
Gonzalez’s attorneys predicted the defamation trial could start in the summer or fall of 2013, Kealing said.
Anthony’s appeal of her conviction of lying to law enforcement will be heard Jan. 8. She was acquitted of murder in the 2008 death of her daughter.
Anthony’s legal team warned that the appeal process could go far longer and that the Gonzalez trial could “drag into 2014,” Kealing reported. Gonzalez’s lawyers want to question Anthony after the appeal ends, when she could no longer cite the Fifth Amendment in avoiding questions.
Old 11-17-2012, 03:24 PM   #2495
LisaR

Thanks for the update! I love it because it seems to me this is just giving CA's lawyers more billable hours! Poor Casey. I hope she doesn't have to spend too many years stripping to pay off her debt.

Hey Joviroxx, read any new books lately? I still have it on my computer, but haven't even glanced at it.
LisaR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 05:18 PM   #2496
usnuzuloose

Loosing Doomed Boo Boo

Gonzales attorney is smart enough to wait it out so can't plead the 5th. Great update!
Old 11-19-2012, 08:59 PM   #2497
JaneBanks
Lime Cordial, delicious! Laughing on the ceiling with Uncle Albert

Quote:
Casey Anthony: WKMG uncovers 'evidence that points right at Casey'

The report, from Tony Pipitone, won't air until 11 p.m. Tuesday. But WKMG will start promoting the report at 11 p.m. Monday.

"This is one of the biggest Tony Pipitone investigations we've had," WKMG news director Steve Hyvonen said. "Tony uncovers evidence that could have changed the jury's mind -- evidence that points right at Casey. But it was never presented in court because the prosecution didn't know about it. Tony is still working on putting the story together, and it will air Tuesday night at 11."

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/enter...,6314505.story

(ME) (DH) =

December 2010 Grand Floridian Honeymoon

February 2012 Port Orleans French Quarter
January 2014 Port Orleans French Quarter

2014 Reading Challenge
Currently Reading Book #1 - The Witching Hour by Anne Rice
JaneBanks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 09:34 PM   #2498
usnuzuloose

Loosing Doomed Boo Boo

I don't have regular t.v., so if someone is watching could post about it I would appreciate it.
Old 11-19-2012, 09:34 PM   #2499
joviroxx
rectally reporters television produce

Interesting. Well I hope its for real! Its sweeps week so I hope its not just a ploy!
joviroxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 11:24 PM   #2500
horseshowmom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by joviroxx View Post
Interesting. Well I hope its for real! Its sweeps week so I hope its not just a ploy!
I'd love to hear it too, but there was plenty of evidence that pointed straight at Casey, and it made no difference to the jury. Still, I'd love to hear what is said in the story.

Just saw this on websleuths - (Admin post) Let me say this - this news is big enough that I was just asked by the owners to move it back to Featured Cases. So, we are moving back again shortly. Buckle up. ETA: He goes on to insinuate that he knows a little about what's coming, and that it's major.

ETA: Here's the teaser from tonight - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mvlMp...ature=youtu.be Not too sure that I believe it's something major now.

Last edited by horseshowmom; 11-19-2012 at 11:54 PM.
horseshowmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 09:29 PM   #2501
horseshowmom
DIS Veteran

Foolproof suffocation - computer search done that last day. Done while everybody but Casey was at work.

Apparently, this was in Baez's book, but the prosecution didn't know about it during the trial.

http://www.wftv.com/news/news/local/...ocation/nTBkx/

ETA: I doubt very seriously that anything would have made a difference to those so-called jurors though. Why did Baez know about it, but the prosecution didn't?

I would love to see federal charges brought in this case.
Old 11-20-2012, 09:44 PM   #2502
LisaR

Quote:
Originally Posted by horseshowmom View Post
Foolproof suffocation - computer search done that last day. Done while everybody but Casey was at work.

Apparently, this was in Baez's book, but the prosecution didn't know about it during the trial.

http://www.wftv.com/news/news/local/...ocation/nTBkx/

ETA: I doubt very seriously that anything would have made a difference to those so-called jurors though. Why did Baez know about it, but the prosecution didn't?

I would love to see federal charges brought in this case.
Honestly, I think if Casey would have taken the stand and said, "I confess. I killed my daughter," the jurors would have ignored her statement and found her not guilty. I doubt a computer search on foolproof suffocation would have swayed them in the slightest.
LisaR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 09:46 PM   #2503
horseshowmom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by LisaR View Post
Honestly, I think if Casey would have taken the stand and said, "I confess. I killed my daughter," the jurors would have ignored her statement and found her not guilty. I doubt a computer search on foolproof suffocation would have swayed them in the slightest.
I agree. She would have been mentally disturbed due to her sorrow over the loss of her child (because we all know that her methods of mourning were different than you normally come across... ).
Old 11-20-2012, 11:25 PM   #2504
Nancy
I get all twitterpatted when he does that!
I eat hot dogs from both ends
Oh Mom, that's so tacky..we live in an upscale area
SHH, don't tell anyone but I'm on the computer

So because the prosecutors didn't ask them specifically to search for the exact words "fool proof suffocation" the sheriffs department didn't mention it? I don't get that. Didn't they think that a trial where the baby was killed in what looks to be some kind of suffocation matter was enough for them to say to the prosecutors...hey we found something that might be of interest?

And why did the defense know it was there and not the prosecution?

And yeah, those jurors would have totally ignored that and said she meant to type in something else and google filled in in for her...or something stupid like that.
Nancy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 12:38 PM   #2505
MaryAnnDVC

SURELY Casey was only searching for "foolproof suffocation" as a method to get rid of the bamboo (you know...remember the chloroform searches, rather than actual "bamboo" searches) when attempting to shovel it out (you know...with the shovel she borrowed from the neighbor for just that purpose) didn't work. It's just that Casey's search choices aren't the same as everyone else's...everyone searches differently...ask Dr. Sally...just like everyone grieves differently. Yup, uh huh.

Nope, wouldn't have mattered to the jury. There still was no DNA or video of the actual crime, and THAT jury would accept nothing less.

Still, I think it's just some more (as if we needed any) proof that she did it, altho it's like preaching to the choir. And no doubt Cindy is still saying that the jury finding Casey "not guilty" was proof enough for her, and a sign from God, that Casey was indeed innocent.

As far as why the prosecution didn't know about those searches...I wonder if they had to have looked for specific searches, and suffocation isn't one they did? They were most concerned with "chloroform" because of the presence of chloroform in the car. And since she had the duct tape on her face, again, maybe specifically "suffocation" wasn't something they looked for. (Please note: I know nothing about computers, which is really amazing, since it takes up so much of my time. )

Aaaarrggghhh, Casey Anthony is like the thing that wouldn't leave.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: