Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > disABILITIES!
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-16-2012, 08:20 AM   #16
mayaflysmama
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by SueM in MN View Post
We've been DVC members since 1993 at OKW, but have stayed at BCV and BWV.
If you booked thru Disney, not on points, you will get daily Housekeeping. If you need trash out more often, you can just call Housekeeping to gt it or ask where you cn take it.

Are you in a Studio or a 1 bedroom?
We are in a studio.

mayaflysmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 08:22 PM   #17
SueM in MN
It's like combining the teacups with a roller coaster

DISboards Moderator

Here's a pretty good video of a Boardwalk Villa.
http://youtu.be/3R9BlICADVM

The studios are very nice. They have a bed plus a couch that folds out to make a bed. The kitchenette is fairly well equipped with a microwave and small refrigerator.

Spaceship Earth: We are all passengers together.
Life is what happens to you when you're busy making other plans......John Lennon
Be a rainbow in someone else's cloud. Dr. Maya Angelou
trip report link in Memory of eternaldisneyfan, who lived these words: Some people are always grumbling because roses have thorns. I am thankful that thorns have roses. Alphonse Karr
SueM in MN is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-18-2012, 07:37 AM   #18
mayaflysmama
Earning My Ears

Thanks for the video. From the looks of it we will have ample room for all of medical "stuff". It is always nice to see video vs pictures since it gives a better idea of space in relation to everything.

Old 10-19-2012, 11:10 AM   #19
pumpkinboy

The Tag Fairy has found you...needer, needer, needer...

We have stayed at BWV with our DS about a dozen times. DS has a CP spastic quad diagnosis and needs a lot of help and a lot of equipment. We actually found BWV to be especially well-adapted to our needs (it could have more outlets, but it's still one of the best-suited places for us). We bought DVC at BWV in 2003 (when DS was 6) and have not regretted it since. The room is well laid out, tho a 1BR is far easier than a Studio with all of his stuff; still the Studio works just fine.

As for parks access, on our first visit to BWV, our son's favorite "ride" was the boats that take you to DHS and Epcot . The ability to walk to Epcot in a short time is huge, espcially bcs Epcot is so easy to navigate on four wheels anyway. For bus transport, BWV is usually the first stop on the Epcot Resorts bus routes, so we board first, then pick folks up at the Swan and Dolphin (and in off-peak times at YC and BC). So we always get a spot on the bus. On the way back, the first stop is usually the Swan, and we frequently get off there and go over the bridge to BWV, as it is roughly equidistant from our usual lodgings as the BWV bus stop (and 10-15 mins sooner).

Interestingly, the Massachusetts Hospital School in Canton, Mass, a school for severely disabled kids, was given a whole lot of DVC points at BWV, and they take a BIG group down every November (the week before Thanksgiving as I recall). We just happened to be there at the same time and got to talking a few years back. Apparently, the BWV folks take the beds out and put Hospital beds in the rooms for them. I have hear others on DVC forums complain about service levels at BWV, but for my money, we have always had exemplary service there, so good that we always come back. they know us by name there, and many of the same CMs come to help us every visit.

PM me if you have any questions I can help with, tho I am sure there is nothing that our beloved Moderator Sue cannot handle.
BCV 10/05, 11/06, 9/08, 4/12; BWV 11/04, 4/05, 10/05, 2/06, 11/06, 2/07, 2/08, 2/09, 8/10, 2/11, 4/12 and happily ever after...
Upcoming: Boys' weekend 12/1-3 1st time in a Value)
Upcoming: February vacation at Vero Beach & BWV
pumpkinboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 11:22 AM   #20
pumpkinboy

The Tag Fairy has found you...needer, needer, needer...

In case you don;t already do this when travelling, those 3M Command adhesive hooks are great for hanging things like overnight drip feeds (instead of schlepping an IV pole), and just organizing things in general. I have 5-10 of them with extra adhesive strips in our luggage at all times.
BCV 10/05, 11/06, 9/08, 4/12; BWV 11/04, 4/05, 10/05, 2/06, 11/06, 2/07, 2/08, 2/09, 8/10, 2/11, 4/12 and happily ever after...
Upcoming: Boys' weekend 12/1-3 1st time in a Value)
Upcoming: February vacation at Vero Beach & BWV
pumpkinboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 10:38 AM   #21
mayaflysmama
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by pumpkinboy View Post
In case you don;t already do this when travelling, those 3M Command adhesive hooks are great for hanging things like overnight drip feeds (instead of schlepping an IV pole), and just organizing things in general. I have 5-10 of them with extra adhesive strips in our luggage at all times.
I've done this also and they are wonderful to keep things organized. If you could see some of the things I've rigged in hotel rooms to hang IVs from you would laugh. Who knew lamps could have so many uses?!

Thanks for the additional info on BWV. It's great to hear such positive things from those who have been there, done that. I am getting excited to go and the ease of walking makes that excitement even greater. We are looking forward to a great trip. I seriously think some hotel staff groan when they see us coming, but I never get that idea from Disney. They always seem happy to help and if not happy at least polite and accommodating. That is awesome about the school in MA. Not only that Disney does such a great job with them, but that they take the time and effort for kid to get to experience it.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: