Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-18-2012, 01:15 PM   #1
rachel09985
DIS Veteran

Modifying Package 13 days out?

Hello!
Sorry there is a lot of questions in this post!
We have 13 days left before we check in. Can I still modify my package?

I want to add park hoppers. Is this doable?

If I charge this to my Disney Visa will I still get the 6 months no interest on it?

If I decide to cancel the Park Hoppers before our trip will I get charged $200?

Thanks for the advice!

Dining Review December 2011 Dining Review June 2011 Dining Review December 2010 TR Nov 2012 Dining Review Nov 2012
1998- Dixie Landings 2005- Pop/Saratoga Springs 2008- Pop Century 2009- Pop Century 2010- Pop Century 2011 Pop Century x2! 2012 Art of Animation
rachel09985 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 01:18 PM   #2
dansdad
DIS Veteran

Why not wait until you arrive to decide to add hoppers or not? That way you don't have to worry about any penalties.

Sorry, I don't have a disney visa so I don't know the answer to that.
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-18-2012, 01:37 PM   #3
Maggie'sMom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by rachel09985 View Post
Hello!
Sorry there is a lot of questions in this post!
We have 13 days left before we check in. Can I still modify my package?

I want to add park hoppers. Is this doable?

If I charge this to my Disney Visa will I still get the 6 months no interest on it?

If I decide to cancel the Park Hoppers before our trip will I get charged $200?

Thanks for the advice!
If you are unsure of whether or not you want the hopper option, it is better to wait and add it once you are there. You would definitely be charged a change fee if you called to downgrade the tickets. Also, if you booked your package before the June price increase (I think that occurred on June 3rd), calling now to add the hopper option to the tickets would trigger you paying the current ticket price. So you'd not only pay for the hopper upgrade, but also the price difference between the old and new ticket prices. If that's the case, then definitely wait until you get there to upgrade. If you use the tickets once before upgrading, the value of the tickets will be brought up to the current gate price. This is called price bridging.

If you were to add the park hopper option now and pay for it with your Disney Visa through the Central Reservations Office, you would get the 6 months 0% financing on that. But the benefit of that financing would be negated if you later decided you didn't need the hopper or if it triggered an increase from the old to the new pricing.
Maggie'sMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 05:22 PM   #4
mickeynut1
DIS Veteran

As others have said, if you aren't sure you want hoppers, I would wait until you get there to add it. If you add it now you will not be charged a fee since your total package cost would increase, but if you then decide to take it off, you will be charged a change fee of $50 since it would decrease the total cost. With that said, it would be best to wait until you get there to see if you really want/need it.

Country Inn & Suites LBV June 2001 - CBR July 2002 - BC December 2003 - WL CL Oct/Nov 2004 - WL September 2006 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2007 -Poly September 2007 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2008 - AKL/GF SL/WL January 2010 - AKL/GF December 2010 - GF RPC May 2011
mickeynut1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 10:34 AM   #5
rachel09985
DIS Veteran

Hello!

Thanks for the responses.

I just called Disney and this is the verdict. I was still charged the OLD price hopper price($55) and my tickets did not increase to the current cost post June 3rd.

However, they charge a $15 change fee within two weeks if you change your tickets. So it would be $9 more to do it now, but no interest for 6 months.

Dining Review December 2011 Dining Review June 2011 Dining Review December 2010 TR Nov 2012 Dining Review Nov 2012
1998- Dixie Landings 2005- Pop/Saratoga Springs 2008- Pop Century 2009- Pop Century 2010- Pop Century 2011 Pop Century x2! 2012 Art of Animation
rachel09985 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 10:55 AM   #6
Marionnette
Wishing On A Star
I stop in the middle and make others step over me while pretending not to understand English

Quote:
Originally Posted by rachel09985 View Post
Hello!

Thanks for the responses.

I just called Disney and this is the verdict. I was still charged the OLD price hopper price($55) and my tickets did not increase to the current cost post June 3rd.

However, they charge a $15 change fee within two weeks if you change your tickets. So it would be $9 more to do it now, but no interest for 6 months.
Doesn't sound worth doing the upgrade right now. I don't think that you will save $9 in interest over the 6 months unless your interest rate is really high and you have a lot of tickets to upgrade.

ETA: It's also not really a savings unless you normally carry a balance anyway.

Marionnette is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: