Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-18-2012, 11:04 AM   #1
klitteral2009
Mouseketeer

AoA : Lion King or Cars?

So sorry if this has been addressed in another thread, but I searched and didnt really see the opinions I was looking for I just switched our reservation at AoA from a FN suite to a LK suite (had to move to get a deal I wanted). My question is, I also had the option to move to a Cars suite, should I have chosen it over LK? I've heard that the Cars section is probably the best of the suites so now I'm second guessing my decision Anyone have experience in either of the suites that could toss some help my way? I know either way we'll probably be happy and the distance between both buildings and the Animation Hall seems to be the same when I look at the map.
Old 10-18-2012, 11:11 AM   #2
wdwmom0f3
Disney Dreamer
I just spent 30 minutes on youtube watching people clean their ears out

If we were staying there I would request the Cars section because its so stinking cute!! My son and DH would love it, and so would the girls.
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-18-2012, 12:19 PM   #3
jimandami
DIS Veteran

We stayed in a LK suite in September and liked it, but I did like the Cars section of the resort better. Also, although our room was very close to AH and bus stop, they played the nightly movies right outside our room, which did keep me up a couple nights. Not a huge problem, but of I had it to do again, we would do Cars!
jimandami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 12:25 PM   #4
aaarcher86
DIS Veteran

I think it just depends on the family.

Cars has pretty unanimously been voted the cutest area of the group, but my 2 girls wouldn't want to stay in the room.

When we booked AoA we had a Lion King, which we preferred over Nemo.

You can take a look at the area and interiors on Allears.net if you think that would help.

Whichever way you go, I think you'll love it - no worries
Old 10-18-2012, 12:30 PM   #5
Mariep26
DIS Veteran

I agree it depends on the family. My kids love Cars so that is the way to go for us. They just haven't gotten into LK or Nemo like they have Cars.
June 2010 - Swan & Dolphin, March 2012 - ASMo Toy Story room, December 8-15, 2012 - AoA Cars Suite, Feb 25 - Mar 1, 2013 - BLT LV Studio, May 9-13 - AoA Cars Suite, August 19-23, 2013 - BLT TPV Studio - Jax's 5th Birthday!!! - Nov 2-9, 2013 AoA Nemo - Oct 18-25, 2014 - Presley's 5th Birthday @ SSR 2brdm!!
Me: Marie, DH: Neil, DS: Jax , DD: Presley, D?: Baby #3 Due 12/20/14
Mariep26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 02:20 PM   #6
jdcthree
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by klitteral2009 View Post
So sorry if this has been addressed in another thread, but I searched and didnt really see the opinions I was looking for I just switched our reservation at AoA from a FN suite to a LK suite (had to move to get a deal I wanted). My question is, I also had the option to move to a Cars suite, should I have chosen it over LK? I've heard that the Cars section is probably the best of the suites so now I'm second guessing my decision Anyone have experience in either of the suites that could toss some help my way? I know either way we'll probably be happy and the distance between both buildings and the Animation Hall seems to be the same when I look at the map.
To me, the Cars suites just looked OK (from photos) and felt too much like a garage. I know, I know, it's for cars, lol. The Cars outdoor area at night is AMAZING and one of the main reasons I wanted to stay at AoA. We chose to stay in the LK suite and really liked it. We walked over to the Cars section at night and had a blast, then went back over during the day for more pics.

I think when people say the Cars section is the best, they are referring to the outdoor section, not the suites themselves. I would go with whatever room you like the best. You can enjoy all of the outdoor areas no matter what suite you stay in.
Polynesian 2006
Wilderness Lodge 2005/06
jdcthree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 02:38 PM   #7
aaarcher86
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdcthree View Post
To me, the Cars suites just looked OK (from photos) and felt too much like a garage. I know, I know, it's for cars, lol. The Cars outdoor area at night is AMAZING and one of the main reasons I wanted to stay at AoA. We chose to stay in the LK suite and really liked it. We walked over to the Cars section at night and had a blast, then went back over during the day for more pics.

I think when people say the Cars section is the best, they are referring to the outdoor section, not the suites themselves. I would go with whatever room you like the best. You can enjoy all of the outdoor areas no matter what suite you stay in.
Agree with you on the outdoor being the best comment.

Lion King looked the most fun to me from the pictures as far as the suites go - leaf chairs, log tables... YES PLEASE.
Old 10-18-2012, 03:31 PM   #8
klitteral2009
Mouseketeer

has anyone made specific requests for rooms? How early and how do I do this? I'm thinking I'd like something on the top floor but wasn't sure how to go about requesting it. I've seen people say they do it but never how or when
Old 10-18-2012, 03:32 PM   #9
dansdad
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by klitteral2009 View Post
has anyone made specific requests for rooms? How early and how do I do this? I'm thinking I'd like something on the top floor but wasn't sure how to go about requesting it. I've seen people say they do it but never how or when
I like to add our requests when I make the original reservation. You can call anytime up to about 4-5 days prior to your arrival. Call the CRO and have them add your request(s) to your reservation.
Old 10-19-2012, 08:28 AM   #10
jimandami
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by klitteral2009
We requested building 10 close to AH and that is exactly what we received!
jimandami is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: