Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 10-18-2012, 11:04 PM   #76
Minnie321
DIS Veteran
 
Minnie321's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Louisiana
Posts: 699

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForTheLoveOfDCL View Post
I actually have a magnet sleeve we can magnet off to the side on your door if you would like?? I figure if everyone check or changes by Sat nt then it doesn't have to stay on your door longer then Sunday , don't want it taking away from your beautiful magnets
Sounds like a great idea. I have made so many magnets that I think I will have to rotate them throughout the days!! Well some I do plan on rotating - for example in one cruise we are celebrating a birthday (mine - 40th - yuck - but what better way to spend it); Mardi Gras; and Valentine's Day - so of course I have magnets for all of those celebrations - so I think I will only put those up for that day. Well I may leave a birthday one up all week - after all this cruise was my idea for my birthday!!
__________________
Too Many Disney World Trips to Count!!
Disney Magic - February 9-15, 2013
Disney Fantasy - May 31-June 7, 2014

Minnie321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 11:10 PM   #77
Minnie321
DIS Veteran
 
Minnie321's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Louisiana
Posts: 699

As I am sitting here - like I have nothing else to do - making a spread sheet for what FE I want to give to each person - my daughter had said that maybe on Valentine's day we could give everyone one of those little heart shaped boxes of chocolates - of course I told her that was a great idea (of course we will look for ones with Disney Characters). But before I tell her definitely yes she could do that I wanted to make sure that everyone celebrates Valentine's Day - I know some religions do not celebrate Valentine's Day and I would not want to offend anyone. If you don't celebrate Valentine's day if you wouldn't mind letting me know - I would really hate to give a gift for something you dont' celebrate. I wouldn't leave you out of course - would just find something not Valentine's day related.
__________________
Too Many Disney World Trips to Count!!
Disney Magic - February 9-15, 2013
Disney Fantasy - May 31-June 7, 2014

Minnie321 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 10-19-2012, 12:45 AM   #78
Beermam42
Grit and bear it
 
Beermam42's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 593

Travel Time Hobby to Galveston

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForTheLoveOfDCL View Post
Welcome Aboard!!! The Magic is the Wonder's sister ship so basically the same ship just some places named different. like Triton's is Lumi's on the Magic.

We booked at a hotel by Hobby. We come in late 11pm so no matters where we stay just need to close our eyes. Then we will take a shuttle service to the port that Sat morning.


No worries...thanks for doing it. I am hoping we are under 25 rooms just because this is kinda a last minute cruise and after the holidays and all...everyone is broke with cruise, and holidays... I am gonna start on my adult and teen gifts this weekend and then the little kids after the first of the year. Have we discussed a cut off date for joining FE? All the ones I have been on have one as people have to order things and need to know how many? Most I have been on have done 30-45 days before cruise and at that time the list is final. Any thoughts on that??
It is about an Hour, in AM you will be going away from traffic. The hotel in Texas City is closer but we are drive 5 hours to get to it. I think if Minnie123 could swing it we would be on dock at 6:00 AM waiting for arrival. We have been watching Galveston Port Cam as the ships come and go on sat. Only problem is when Carnival Ship is in you cannot see D Magic at the dock. C magic works from Galveston currently along with the C Triumph.

One point that was made from the first cruise group a couple of weeks ago, it ain't terminal at Port Canerval. Minnie123 dad
Beermam42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 12:53 AM   #79
Beermam42
Grit and bear it
 
Beermam42's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 593

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minnie321 View Post
Sounds like a great idea. I have made so many magnets that I think I will have to rotate them throughout the days!! Well some I do plan on rotating - for example in one cruise we are celebrating a birthday (mine - 40th - yuck - but what better way to spend it); Mardi Gras; and Valentine's Day - so of course I have magnets for all of those celebrations - so I think I will only put those up for that day. Well I may leave a birthday one up all week - after all this cruise was my idea for my birthday!!
40 you are making me older by the day.

Dress for FAT TUESDAY, MARDI GRAS day is Purple Green & GOLD.
You will be in Grand Cayman.

Minnie123 dad
Beermam42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 01:00 AM   #80
Beermam42
Grit and bear it
 
Beermam42's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 593

Mardi Gras not done in Galveston

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgaston View Post
hello!
just booked KFO! heading to Texas for the first time and our third disney cruise with DH Brent, DD jenna (9), DS luke (6), and DS nicholas (5). have been on the wonder twice, but never the magic. any suggestions for must see/do that this ship has vs the wonder?

still trying to convince DH to join and FE group--lots of work but so much fun too! had to search for hotel since i didn't realize its mardi gras weekend. we are so excited to be sailing again!
Galveston to my knowledge does not do a Mardi Grad celebration. We are at a Hampton Inn in Texas City on I45. We will celebrate it on board.
Minnie123 dad
Beermam42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 01:23 AM   #81
Beermam42
Grit and bear it
 
Beermam42's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 593

Link to Galveston Cruise Cams

Their are three that show cruise ships and one that is on the C Magic.


galveston com/cruisecam/

Pier 23 does not always work and only shows Carnival Ship from the side. Harbor you can watch them come in from Gulf.

You will have to put periods and lead on link can't post have not reached 10 yet.

Last edited by Beermam42; 10-19-2012 at 01:25 AM. Reason: Spelling
Beermam42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 07:56 PM   #82
alliesmommy
Just the two of us
 
alliesmommy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Eustace, TX
Posts: 381

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minnie321 View Post
alliesmommy - I didn't get your first name for the FE list. I am making some personalized items and would like to have first names if it is okay.
Awww, thanks! I'm excited about the FE exchange! My name is Kelly.

Thank you so much for organizing this. Can I add that my DD Allie will be turning six while we are on the cruise (the 13th)?

I have a friend that might be joining us, but she hasn't decided yet. I'll update as soon as we know for sure.
__________________
alliesmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 08:02 PM   #83
alliesmommy
Just the two of us
 
alliesmommy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Eustace, TX
Posts: 381

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beermam42 View Post
Galveston to my knowledge does not do a Mardi Grad celebration. We are at a Hampton Inn in Texas City on I45. We will celebrate it on board.
Minnie123 dad
Galveston actually does do a pretty large (for Texas standards) Mardi Gras celebration. From Galveston.com: Rich in history, Mardi Gras! Galveston celebrates its 102nd event since its inception in 1867. Make your mark in history – attend Mardi Gras! Galveston 2013! Twelve days of fun and entertainment! Beginning on February 1 and it's not over until the Fat Lady sings! Fat Tuesday, February 12.
Come down to the Island for entertainment, beads, parades, balls, and fun!
__________________
alliesmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 08:45 PM   #84
Beermam42
Grit and bear it
 
Beermam42's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 593

You Learn something new everyday.

Quote:
Originally Posted by alliesmommy View Post
Galveston actually does do a pretty large (for Texas standards) Mardi Gras celebration. From Galveston.com: Rich in history, Mardi Gras! Galveston celebrates its 102nd event since its inception in 1867. Make your mark in history – attend Mardi Gras! Galveston 2013! Twelve days of fun and entertainment! Beginning on February 1 and it's not over until the Fat Lady sings! Fat Tuesday, February 12.
Come down to the Island for entertainment, beads, parades, balls, and fun!
Do not think I will have time to get involved in this one. Stopped playing with the big Mardi Gras in New Orleans when I was 42. I am sure anything Galveston can put together will be pail compared to New Orleans , Mobile or My current home Houma, La. Since we will be going to ship in the early morning and returning after Fat Tuesday we will miss the fun on land. But as we have done at WDW we will celebrate MD on board. Wear your purple, green, and gold.
Beermam42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 09:26 PM   #85
alliesmommy
Just the two of us
 
alliesmommy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Eustace, TX
Posts: 381

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beermam42 View Post
Do not think I will have time to get involved in this one. Stopped playing with the big Mardi Gras in New Orleans when I was 42. I am sure anything Galveston can put together will be pail compared to New Orleans , Mobile or My current home Houma, La. Since we will be going to ship in the early morning and returning after Fat Tuesday we will miss the fun on land. But as we have done at WDW we will celebrate MD on board. Wear your purple, green, and gold.
We definitely will! I've never taken part of any Mardi Gras celebration, so maybe we could bring beads and hand them out.
__________________
alliesmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 09:32 PM   #86
alliesmommy
Just the two of us
 
alliesmommy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Eustace, TX
Posts: 381

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minnie321 View Post
Alliesmommy and ForTheLoveofDCL - look at your cabin numbers - 6613 and 6631 - I kept thinking I was typing the same number - I had to go back and check to make sure you didn't have the same cabin number!
I saw that! Pretty cool.

I don't know about you, but this cruise is all I can think about lately. I've done like 15 magnets for our door. Now I'm starting to plan the FE. So much fun. I'm afraid I've become an adict.
__________________
alliesmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 10:40 PM   #87
Minnie321
DIS Veteran
 
Minnie321's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Louisiana
Posts: 699

Quote:
Originally Posted by alliesmommy View Post
Awww, thanks! I'm excited about the FE exchange! My name is Kelly.

Thank you so much for organizing this. Can I add that my DD Allie will be turning six while we are on the cruise (the 13th)?

I have a friend that might be joining us, but she hasn't decided yet. I'll update as soon as we know for sure.
Yes I didn't think about it - I put her as six in the list but I will go back and put her birthday. Let me know about your friends - the more the merrier!
__________________
Too Many Disney World Trips to Count!!
Disney Magic - February 9-15, 2013
Disney Fantasy - May 31-June 7, 2014

Minnie321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 10:44 PM   #88
Minnie321
DIS Veteran
 
Minnie321's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Louisiana
Posts: 699

Quote:
Originally Posted by alliesmommy View Post
I saw that! Pretty cool.

I don't know about you, but this cruise is all I can think about lately. I've done like 15 magnets for our door. Now I'm starting to plan the FE. So much fun. I'm afraid I've become an adict.
Yes the cruise is all we think about! It is the topic of conversation at every meal and several times through out the day! Can't wait - 113 days! Almost to double digits!
__________________
Too Many Disney World Trips to Count!!
Disney Magic - February 9-15, 2013
Disney Fantasy - May 31-June 7, 2014

Minnie321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 01:38 AM   #89
alliesmommy
Just the two of us
 
alliesmommy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Eustace, TX
Posts: 381

Can everyone that is participating in the FE exchange post some info about your family? I.E. favorite candies, characters, colors, etc. I'd hate to give someone a pack of snickers when they absolutely loathe them. I'm trying to be creative, but right now I'm drawing a blank.

Thanks!
__________________
alliesmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 07:49 AM   #90
Minnie321
DIS Veteran
 
Minnie321's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Louisiana
Posts: 699

Quote:
Originally Posted by alliesmommy View Post
Can everyone that is participating in the FE exchange post some info about your family? I.E. favorite candies, characters, colors, etc. I'd hate to give someone a pack of snickers when they absolutely loathe them. I'm trying to be creative, but right now I'm drawing a blank.

Thanks!
Great idea - post favorites and I will add them to the first post!
__________________
Too Many Disney World Trips to Count!!
Disney Magic - February 9-15, 2013
Disney Fantasy - May 31-June 7, 2014

Minnie321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:38 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.