Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-08-2012, 05:47 PM   #16
tiggerfied
#1 Disney Mom!

My two cents: the resort pool is very important to our family and nothing beats Stormalong Bay at YC/BC. The BW pool can be a little disappointing especially if youre not a fan of 50 feet high clown faces
Old 10-08-2012, 07:17 PM   #17
jlh512
Johnny

I also recommend the BW vs. the BC/YC because the BW busses are the first on the line. Last year we were at the BW and we would fill the bus for MK. So they would have to skip the other resorts. I am sure they waited a long time. Why we decided to stay at the BC on our next trip I cannot figure out.
'85-Offsite / '90-Contemporary / '92, '95, '99 -Offsite / '02-WDW Dolphin / '03-Rental House / '04-POP Century / '05-All Star Movies / '06-Beach Club & DCL / '07-POP Century & Boardwalk / '09-Port Orleans French Quarter / '10-Yacht Club / '11-Paradise Pier (Disneyland) & Boardwalk / '12 Pop & Beach Club / '13 Disneyland Offsite & Yacht Club / '14 Yacht Club

jlh512 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-08-2012, 08:43 PM   #18
padawans
DIS Veteran

I have stayed a all three. We just returned from the BC. I thought the resort was looking very run down, and its just to noisy for me. I love the YC and the BW. It would be hard for me to pick a favorite. The Yc has a better pool, but the BW pool is great too. Both pools are better than any of the Mk resorts. I love the Poly also, but I prefer the epcot area. I don't think you can go wrong with any of the resorts.
padawans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 09:31 AM   #19
lindsroc
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiggerfied View Post
My two cents: the resort pool is very important to our family and nothing beats Stormalong Bay at YC/BC. The BW pool can be a little disappointing especially if youre not a fan of 50 feet high clown faces
Ok, that made me laugh.

1st Disney trip Oct 29 2007 - Saratoga Springs ... Trip #2, April/May 2009 - Coronado Springs Resort
Trip #3, May 2010 - Offsite ... Trip #4, May 2011 -Polynesian
Trip #5, October 2013 - Boardwalk Inn
lindsroc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 04:54 PM   #20
chimo2u
DIS Veteran

But I think that 50 ft. high slide looks like soooo much fun!!! I don't have an aversion to clowns, and don't think looking at that slide would put me off at all -- it's actually one of the pools I've been dying to try!!!

Disney Trips:January 15-23, 2008 - AKL CL Celebrating DH leave from Afghanistan | Sept 1-12, 2009 - Storming the World with Friends, AKL CL Free Dining | August 20-29, 2010 Mom n' Son only trip, First time at Beach Club GV CL/ Universal Studios PBH CL ** POSTPONED ** Mom n' Son Trip is back on FEB 5-10, 2011 BC GV/Club Level with Basic DDP/Universal Studios HRH CL Feb 10/11/12 (DS's surprise** ) Sept 29 -Oct 7 2012 Best Friend Getaway POLY CL/ HRH CL
chimo2u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 05:18 PM   #21
Sweettears
50 years of Disney and counting

I like all three resorts and think they all have something a little diffrent to offer although the differences are slight in my mind.

I prefer having a balcony because I like to sit out and relax during breaks and evenings. The YC is almost guaranteed to have a balcony as is the BW (I believe) but the BC is hit or miss. All three have decent pools although that isn't importantr to me.

Location seems to be the biggest difference. BW is probably half way in between DHS and EP and has more restaurants and shops close by. YC and especially BC are closests to EP. They have a decent supply of TS restaurants but limited CS.

The buses in my opinion are hit or miss and in all of my stays I never witnessed a consistent pattern of sharing between the BW/SWD/YC/BC. I've had direct buses to each resort, shared with all 5, and had YC/BC share. I wouldn't let that be your deciding factor.

As a PP mentioned you can't beat the look of the Boardwalk at night especially relaxing on your balacony or walking back from the parks. I've stayed at the GF as well as Poly and though they have their benfits will pick an EP resort anytime.
Sweettears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 10:56 PM   #22
Sue M
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlh512 View Post
I also recommend the BW vs. the BC/YC because the BW busses are the first on the line. Last year we were at the BW and we would fill the bus for MK. So they would have to skip the other resorts. I am sure they waited a long time. Why we decided to stay at the BC on our next trip I cannot figure out.
Not necessarily, the bus driver prob radioed in, and another bus may have been right behind to pick up the other resorts. But I seem to remember for MK we didn't share with BWI, The Swan/Dolphin did.
We(BC) shared with YC.
Aug 2003 WDW Marriott Courtyard, [B]Aug 2005 [/BSeaWorld, Universal, Busch Gardens Hilton Garden Inn, ]Aug 2007 WDW CBR, Jan 2008WDW WL, Aug 2008St. Pete Beach, Universal-HRH, Sea Workd & Aquatica- Hyatt Place & Doubletree, Jan 2009WDW AKL, Aug 2009Key West Sheraton Suites, Cocoa Beach Hampton Inn, & WDW POR/WL, Jan 2010WDW Poly, Jan 2011WDW POR, Aug 2011WDW POR/BC CL, Jan 2012WDW WL, Aug 2012AKL CL, Jan. 2013POFQ Aug. 2013 WDW Pop, GF, YC Jan 2014POR, Aug 2014 Universal Portofino Bay, & WDW GF,

Next trip January 2015 POR Riverside
Sue M is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: