Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Line Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-18-2012, 01:22 PM   #241
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Continued from post at bottom of previous page.

All 3 of us headed out of the room. We went to look at the shops area. This was not open yet, but I wanted to see what it looked like.

I really loved the window displays.

Look how cute the door is too.

A special shirt for this cruise&there were actually 2 and I liked the other one better but both were too pricey for me.

I took a peek in through the window && I spot Dooneys!

I had to get some shots of good old Walt. Something learned on a tour later in the week &.there is something missing from this famous picture &.do you know what it is?

Brook took a picture of Lisa and I.

I then decided to give Claire a call. I didnt mention this, but in the morning I had called Skip, and he had said he ended up going to my Moms and getting Claire last night. I guess he was already getting lonely. So she spent the night with him and my Mom came over around 9 or so and picked her back up this morning.
Claire wasnt too talkative. She was busy playing, but we said I Love Yous and I told her I would try to call if I could, but I might not be able to. She was doing fine and told me about some of the fun she had had already. They had gone to a movie the day before and my Mom was keeping her very busy &.or vice versa!

A few more pictures randomly around the area. I think I mightve taken some of them while I was on the phone.

I stepped outside and looked at deck 4.

I liked to call this the Titanic deck. It just made me think of the movie so much with the look of it.

And back in again.

More shop windows.

Last edited by jenseib; 10-18-2012 at 01:28 PM.
jenseib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 01:28 PM   #242
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beth D View Post
Boo to the nasty lady boarding! The port in TX seems a lot less "Disney" than PC, and more industrial.

I loved the Magic, and it was nice to have nothing to compare her against! I never thought the atrium was small. It was so big that I could never get a shot of the glass chandelier properly!

We saw the staff painting, polishing and buffing every day. I think the only truly "tired" things we saw were some very high traffic areas in some of the stateroom hallways.

They changed the age setup in the kids areas right before we sailed, as the big argument at the time was worries about older children not getting along or bullying the younger kids.

When we went in March DS was age 6 and 99/100ths (he turned 7 the day we left the ship). He preferred the club, but went back and forth to the lab several times. They just texted us on the wave phone so we knew which room to pick him up at! I never knew there was a secret tunnel!

He liked the club better, as he was more into the climbing and sliding and physical activities they had there. But he loved both (more than hanging out with the parentals!).
I think most prots do have that industrial look. PC is just really nice.

I think the club would've been what I preferred too...I mean Claire.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-18-2012, 01:29 PM   #243
HermanTriplets+1
DIS Veteran

Great updates!
I love the pics of the kid spaces. Makes me want to cruise with little kids! I'm just stuck in that phase of life with kids to big to be kids, and a LONG time until grandkids (let's hope!). Also, the bars and lounges. We were all about early dinner-show-stroll on deck-back to the room. Next trip...
First I loved that you guys got tickets for Tea with Alice, then I laughed when you were so relaxed that you relaxed right through it! We relaxed right through Formal Night on our cruise, didn't even "wonder" why all those other folks are so nice and dressed up!
What are you planning for your November FE? Probably it's a secret...
Keep it coming!

TR: June 17, 2012 NY-CANADA Sailaway with us!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2954385
PRE-TRIP REPORT:CALLING ALL NY-CANADA CRUISERS
!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2824051
HermanTriplets+1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 04:01 PM   #244
dizneeat
DIS Veteran

Love the update again, Jen! I know I am repeating myself, but I so enjoy all your photos and comments.

You are getting so close to your next cruise - I am excited for you!
TR Summer 2014: We're out of it! A MAGICal Med adventure TR 2013: Get off the ship .....
Visit my other TRs/dining reviews here:

dizneeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 04:05 PM   #245
dolphingirl47
I will post my goodies once I am back
I have always been too worried to use the pillowcase

The Edge on the Magic looks so different from The Edge on the Wonder. Both this and Vibe is on my to do list for the first afternoon.

I love the t shirt even though orange is not really my colour. What colour was the other t shirt? The new Dooneys had me drool. I celebrate my birthday on the Magic and I am kind of hoping that DH will get me one with the names of all the ships.

I love the window decorations, too. The one with the skull is my favourite.

Corinna
dolphingirl47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 04:17 PM   #246
cruisecrasher
DIS Veteran

I love this TR!

Also 1 month until I'm there!
cruisecrasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 09:21 PM   #247
Wicket's Mom
DIS Veteran

Walt is missing his cigarette!

Loving the pictures of the ship, I'm really rethinking the whole cruise thing. I want to travel on that ship!
(url)http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3050319
It Was the Best of Times & the Worst, But It Was the Best Trip Evah!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2811518
Wicket's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 09:31 PM   #248
Caretames1
Mom & Crazed Planner

By the time you are done with this and your Nov TR, I will no longer be wondering what the cruise ships look like, I will have seen every square inch!

Too bad you missed your Tea, was it a show or an actual Tea?
Wake Up! SURPRISE, We're going to Disney World....TODAY Sept 2011 TRhttp://www.disboards.com/showthread....9#post42811539
"Momma, I got to dance with Flynn Ryder!" Our January 2011 TR.http://www.disboards.com/showthread....1#post39775931
First Ever Trip to Disney World 1/23/2009 (POR) 6 days
Back to Disney World 1/21/2011 (POR) 10 days

Shhh! Suprise MNSSHP Trip 9/21/2011 (POP) 5 days
Surprise...AGAIN! 11/1/12 (AoA) 11 days
ME: Carey DH: John DD: Kadence (10) DD: Samantha (20)
Caretames1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 10:11 PM   #249
Ajojo
Mouseketeer

I love deck 4. Its my favorite place to hang out!
Ajojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 08:45 AM   #250
SoonerGirl
DIS Veteran

I'm loving all your pictures!! Well except those of the gross water and all the industrial stuff around the port. We sailed out of New Orleans this summer and it looked like that too - just kind of yucky when you are used to PC!
Old 10-19-2012, 01:06 PM   #251
Woth2982
DIS Veteran

The Magic's Titanic deck looks just like the Wonder's! I remember sitting on that deck 12 years ago to make a phone call home. It was the only place on the boat I could get a cell phone signal!
Woth2982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 01:47 PM   #252
Bonniec
DIS Veteran

I'm loving all these pics as well! I've seen quite a few things I've never seen before. Loved the kids club shots.
Old 10-19-2012, 02:58 PM   #253
Ajojo
Mouseketeer

Question on the Dooney's -

I had heard that the sketch Dooney's were no longer available, but the picture is showing some large satchels. Does this mean there are some available with the sketch designs?

Thanks!
Ajojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 05:09 PM   #254
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Quote:
Originally Posted by HermanTriplets+1 View Post
Great updates!
I love the pics of the kid spaces. Makes me want to cruise with little kids! I'm just stuck in that phase of life with kids to big to be kids, and a LONG time until grandkids (let's hope!). Also, the bars and lounges. We were all about early dinner-show-stroll on deck-back to the room. Next trip...
First I loved that you guys got tickets for Tea with Alice, then I laughed when you were so relaxed that you relaxed right through it! We relaxed right through Formal Night on our cruise, didn't even "wonder" why all those other folks are so nice and dressed up!
What are you planning for your November FE? Probably it's a secret...
Keep it coming!
I have a few different things depending who is in the room A few kid type gifts...mostly stuff from dollar bins and Everyone is getting a CD with some Disney/cruising/ party music.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dizneeat View Post
Love the update again, Jen! I know I am repeating myself, but I so enjoy all your photos and comments.

You are getting so close to your next cruise - I am excited for you!
Thanks Karin
I started officially packing today. I didn't get too much done, but at least it is started.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dolphingirl47 View Post
The Edge on the Magic looks so different from The Edge on the Wonder. Both this and Vibe is on my to do list for the first afternoon.

I love the t shirt even though orange is not really my colour. What colour was the other t shirt? The new Dooneys had me drool. I celebrate my birthday on the Magic and I am kind of hoping that DH will get me one with the names of all the ships.

I love the window decorations, too. The one with the skull is my favourite.

Corinna
I wish I could've seen the Vibe. The one on the Dream is so new and modern. I am sure it's completely different on the Magic.

I resisted the Dooneys....for now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cruisecrasher View Post
I love this TR!

Also 1 month until I'm there!
Thanks. How exciting. I could cruise every month if my wallet allowed me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wicket's Mom View Post
Walt is missing his cigarette!

Loving the pictures of the ship, I'm really rethinking the whole cruise thing. I want to travel on that ship!
Ding Ding Ding! We have a winner.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caretames1 View Post
By the time you are done with this and your Nov TR, I will no longer be wondering what the cruise ships look like, I will have seen every square inch!

Too bad you missed your Tea, was it a show or an actual Tea?
Funny because a facebook friend asked me if I missed anything on the ship...and then she said...well probably didn't get under the bed....which is true...My new mission on the Dream!

It was a bit liek the wonderland tea party....I think

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ajojo View Post
I love deck 4. Its my favorite place to hang out!
I love Deck 4 too. So beautiful.
Old 10-19-2012, 05:12 PM   #255
Timon

DIS Junkie

Great updates!

Glad to see that they've spiffed up the Club since the last time I saw it The nursery even looks better too

Love this pic of you....

Timon is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: