facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-18-2012, 08:01 PM   #11
2_Eagle_Mom
Kungaloosh!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohiopugmom View Post
I am doing pretty well. No pop (excluding one sprite) in a week! That is huge for me. Really focusing on watching my calories, eating lots of protein etc. Just have to keep it up!
Giving up soda/pop was hard for me as well. With Atkins you aren't supposed to do caffiene so I had to give up the Diet Dr. Pepper. Now I only do one glass of crystal light a day. I am finding that all the protein that I'm eating does really fill me up much more than all the starchy foods that I'd eat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by figment814 View Post
I had given myself a few weeks to adjust to eating better before I started my fitness routine, but now that the time has come....I just don't want to. I know the hardest part is just...starting. Any good ideas for motivation?
I have the hardest time with this as well. I did really well when I had paid for a boot camp class that met twice a week. If I didn't go then I felt like I just tossed the money away. We had to quit when I got laidoff. Now I just try to go when there is something that I want to watch on TV. I can then exercise while I'm watching the show and the time passes much more quickly. Good Luck!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raenstoirm View Post
I totally get that slippery slope thing! I told myself I have to go to the the gym 5 days a week (starting on monday). I hate the gym on weekends (too crowded), so that is incentive to go after work every day. If I miss a tuesday, I have to go on saturday and that is just not fun!
Last week I did really well. Monday I had a 1/2 day job and errands to run afterwards so I missed. Tuesday I met a friend for a picnic and we just chatted the afternoon away. Wednesday I gave blood so I couldn't, but today I MADE myself go. I need to make sure I get there tomorrow as well.

Figment - gaining only .6 is fantastic. I'll be going to WDW in a couple of weeks (we had postponed my 50th back in April and have paid off the trip so its either go or lose the money) any tips on how to stay on program while at the parks?

2_Eagle_Mom is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: