Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-18-2012, 08:14 PM   #11
RadioNate
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lemondog
I saw the pilot, not last night's episode yet (it's on the DVR).

Here is what I know for a fact: Rayna is LOOSELY based on a combination of Reba McEntire and Faith Hill.

I don't know about Juliette but my personal take is she is a combo of Taylor Swift and Mindy McCready, lol.

Many parts of the show were very realistic. And others...not so much. The whole Bluebird being empty so someone can just walk in mid-show to check out an act...LMAO! Not likely. Also Rayna and her guitarist walking across the Shelby Street bridge chit-chatting...again not likely. I have lived in Nashville my whole life and I have never seen a huge country star casually walking about downtown. In the suburbs, yes, but never down in the thick of the tourist areas.

I really don't like country music but it's fun for me to see so many places I know so well. Plus my best friend is a songwriter and has been in the biz for years so I love getting her take on everything. According to her some of the story lines are completely realistic in this industry, others...well, I have to remember this is basically a soap opera!

Finally...I CANNOT STAND those fake twangy southern accents those 2 young kids do. Connie Britton has the PERFECT Nashville old-money accent down pat. Those other 2....I cringe to think people imagine we talk like that. But I do want the show to succeed. Number one it would be great business-wise for my town. Also my friend's aunt created this show, is the main writer and is exec. producer...for their sake I would love for it to be a huge success.
Hayden Panettiere said that her character was not Taylor Swift based, she actually said Carrie Underwood.

Reba & Faith make perfect sense for Rayna.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: