Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-17-2012, 07:24 PM   #61
Minnie321
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForTheLoveOfDCL View Post
You can pick your way to display it. I choose website as to make all the info accessable and have tons and extra info. But since this is last minute and I think this will be a small FE group of under 25, you can probably have a list on your first post(post #1) of this thread. No matter how you post, you do need to post it publically so we can all see it and keep track how many of whatever we are making based on ages and such that we need. need any help on how too's that I can TRY and answer. just ask
Ok I will post the info in the first post in the thread when I get home tonight. I am at a football game right now.

Minnie321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 08:52 PM   #62
whitfive
Mouseketeer

Quote:
That is what I am worried about...delivering my FE's on the Fantasy will take forever... For me I wouldn't want more then the 42 staterooms I had in 2009. I figure we will split it cause we don't want people not being able to partake. Probably 25 rooms is good for most. I make all my 100+ gifts and it is very time consuming...but I have found some very cute smaller in size things to size luggage space looking forward to it this cruise as well...people are so creative.
I will give you a trick that someone gave me. Sort your FE gifts for delivery into groups:forward, midship and aft NOT by deck! It really does help! It is easier to take the stairs up and down rather than walk forward to back! Seriously! It can be MILES of walking!

ME DH DS 18 DD17 DS 13

WDW:May 2000,Feb 2002,Nov 2003,Dec 2005, Jan 2007,Nov 2007,Feb 2009,Dec 2010,Nov 2011, Sept 2012,May 2013, Dec 2013, March 2014, Sept 2014
DCL: April 2010-Wonder 4 nt. Bahama June 2012-Fantasy 7 nt. Eastern Feb 9 2013-Magic 6 nt.Western Oct 27 2013-Dream 4 nt Bahama Jan. 2, 2014-Dream 3 nt. Bahama March 7, 2014-Magic 3 nt Bahama June 7, 2014-Fantasy 7 nt. Western Oct 1 2014-Wonder 5 nt Double Dip Jun 20, 2015-Fantasy Eastern Caribbean
Carnival: Aug 2011-Facination 4 night Bahama
whitfive is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-17-2012, 09:44 PM   #63
ForTheLoveOfDCL
A Dream is a wish your <3 makes........

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitfive View Post
I will give you a trick that someone gave me. Sort your FE gifts for delivery into groups:forward, midship and aft NOT by deck! It really does help! It is easier to take the stairs up and down rather than walk forward to back! Seriously! It can be MILES of walking!
Hmmmm.. food for thought. Right now I have FE list on my webpage broken down into port side deck 8, starboard deck 8, port deck 7 , starboard deck 7 and so on. I walk down one side and then back down the other....maybe I will break into Aft each deck, mid and forward... I will keep that in my head for an alternative way...thanks. I do walk with a friend and it is nice just to chat. Especially since my friend is from New york and it would be fun to chat since we don't see each other daily since I am in Ohio.
ForTheLoveOfDCL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 05:47 PM   #64
Minnie321
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitfive View Post
Good tip that I certainly would not have thought of.

Old 10-18-2012, 07:21 PM   #65
sgaston
Earning My Ears

hello!
just booked KFO! heading to Texas for the first time and our third disney cruise with DH Brent, DD jenna (9), DS luke (6), and DS nicholas (5). have been on the wonder twice, but never the magic. any suggestions for must see/do that this ship has vs the wonder?

still trying to convince DH to join and FE group--lots of work but so much fun too! had to search for hotel since i didn't realize its mardi gras weekend. we are so excited to be sailing again!
Old 10-18-2012, 08:13 PM   #66
Minnie321
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgaston View Post
hello!
just booked KFO! heading to Texas for the first time and our third disney cruise with DH Brent, DD jenna (9), DS luke (6), and DS nicholas (5). have been on the wonder twice, but never the magic. any suggestions for must see/do that this ship has vs the wonder?

still trying to convince DH to join and FE group--lots of work but so much fun too! had to search for hotel since i didn't realize its mardi gras weekend. we are so excited to be sailing again!
Welcome aboard! Just let me know if you decide to do the FE - we are a small group so I don't think it will be bad. We booked a room in Texas city - we saved over a hundred dollars and they told us it was only about 20 minutes to Galveston - I hope they were right!

Old 10-18-2012, 08:31 PM   #67
Minnie321
DIS Veteran

Ok I am adding the FE to the first post - I will finish when I get home - I am at the library and left the list in the car - will be home in about twenty minutes. Sorry I didnt do it last night - it was ten before we got home and still had homework to do.

Old 10-18-2012, 09:10 PM   #68
ForTheLoveOfDCL

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgaston View Post
hello!

Welcome Aboard!!! The Magic is the Wonder's sister ship so basically the same ship just some places named different. like Triton's is Lumi's on the Magic.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Minnie321 View Post
We booked a room in Texas city - we saved over a hundred dollars and they told us it was only about 20 minutes to Galveston - I hope they were right!
We booked at a hotel by Hobby. We come in late 11pm so no matters where we stay just need to close our eyes. Then we will take a shuttle service to the port that Sat morning.
Quote:
Ok I am adding the FE to the first post - I will finish when I get home - I am at the library and left the list in the car - will be home in about twenty minutes. Sorry I didnt do it last night - it was ten before we got home and still had homework to do.
No worries...thanks for doing it. I am hoping we are under 25 rooms just because this is kinda a last minute cruise and after the holidays and all...everyone is broke with cruise, and holidays... I am gonna start on my adult and teen gifts this weekend and then the little kids after the first of the year. Have we discussed a cut off date for joining FE? All the ones I have been on have one as people have to order things and need to know how many? Most I have been on have done 30-45 days before cruise and at that time the list is final. Any thoughts on that??
Old 10-18-2012, 09:44 PM   #69
Minnie321
DIS Veteran

No worries...thanks for doing it. I am hoping we are under 25 rooms just because this is kinda a last minute cruise and after the holidays and all...everyone is broke with cruise, and holidays... I am gonna start on my adult and teen gifts this weekend and then the little kids after the first of the year. Have we discussed a cut off date for joining FE? All the ones I have been on have one as people have to order things and need to know how many? Most I have been on have done 30-45 days before cruise and at that time the list is final. Any thoughts on that??[/QUOTE]

45 Days sounds good to me for a cut off date. That puts the cut off date for December 23 - so before Christmas. That would be good for me - it would give me the Christmas holidays to finalize anything I needed to do. The list is updated in the first post.

Old 10-18-2012, 09:46 PM   #70
Minnie321
DIS Veteran

The FE list is updated in the first post of this thread. If I have something wrong or you need to add something just let me know.

Old 10-18-2012, 09:53 PM   #71
Minnie321
DIS Veteran

alliesmommy - I didn't get your first name for the FE list. I am making some personalized items and would like to have first names if it is okay.

Old 10-18-2012, 10:21 PM   #72
ForTheLoveOfDCL

Hey all just a thought. If you get an upgrade at the port maybe we can have a list of Minnie321's door and you have to update with your new number by Sat night and then everyone needs to go check it by sunday morning for any updates. Just a suggestion. We upgraded at the port last cruise and people who didn't come to the meet and greet didn't know and never delivered gifts to our room. Wouldn't want that happening to anyone else.
Old 10-18-2012, 11:23 PM   #73
Minnie321
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Hey all just a thought. If you get an upgrade at the port maybe we can have a list of Minnie321's door and you have to update with your new number by Sat night and then everyone needs to go check it by sunday morning for any updates. Just a suggestion. We upgraded at the port last cruise and people who didn't come to the meet and greet didn't know and never delivered gifts to our room. Wouldn't want that happening to anyone else.
That sounds like a great idea - we have a dry erase board for our door so we could put it on there. Hopefully someone else would not erase it. Or I could put a sheet inside my fish extender with a pen and everyones names you could update on there and everyone could just check in the fish extender. Whatever you guys think will work - I am new to all of this so I am game for any ideas you veteran cruisers have!!

I am looking on the FE thread right now - wow I have written down like twenty ideas that I would like to try - will have to get with my DD and narrow it down!

Old 10-18-2012, 11:47 PM   #74
ForTheLoveOfDCL

Quote:
That sounds like a great idea - we have a dry erase board for our door so we could put it on there. Hopefully someone else would not erase it. Or I could put a sheet inside my fish extender with a pen and everyones names you could update on there and everyone could just check in the fish extender. Whatever you guys think will work - I am new to all of this so I am game for any ideas you veteran cruisers have!!

I am looking on the FE thread right now - wow I have written down like twenty ideas that I would like to try - will have to get with my DD and narrow it down!
I actually have a magnet sleeve we can magnet off to the side on your door if you would like?? I figure if everyone check or changes by Sat nt then it doesn't have to stay on your door longer then Sunday , don't want it taking away from your beautiful magnets
Old 10-19-2012, 12:00 AM   #75
Minnie321
DIS Veteran

Alliesmommy and ForTheLoveofDCL - look at your cabin numbers - 6613 and 6631 - I kept thinking I was typing the same number - I had to go back and check to make sure you didn't have the same cabin number!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: