Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-18-2012, 08:30 AM   #1
leeserw
Mouseketeer

How accurate is the online resort reservation system?

I'm trying to find a campspot available for Dec 27-30. I know it's a long shot but I'm going to check every day just in case. Due to the long waits when I call I was thinking of just checking availability online. Does anyone know how accurate the online system is? Will availability show up immeditely like it does when you call?
Thanks!
Old 10-18-2012, 08:34 AM   #2
aaarcher86
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by leeserw View Post
I'm trying to find a campspot available for Dec 27-30. I know it's a long shot but I'm going to check every day just in case. Due to the long waits when I call I was thinking of just checking availability online. Does anyone know how accurate the online system is? Will availability show up immeditely like it does when you call?
Thanks!
The website is a toss up. I've found that if it isn't on the website, it is sometimes available when I call (but more times than not, it's still out for the phone CM's too). However, I've also seen things on the website that I go through to book and it doesn't tell me that it's not available until the very end.

Calling is probably the best option. I think the call volumes should die down soon, and the wait times will in turn go down as well. I never have much of a wait on a normal day when I call.

Good luck
Register to remove

Old 10-18-2012, 01:03 PM   #3
tobikaye
DIS Veteran

You might want to check the FW forum if you have not already done so and post this question. I have seen them mention that if you expand the dates for your stay before and after that sometimes they have luck getting a spot. Then you would have to call and cancel the days you do not want.

I do know that basically the entire month of December is extremely busy especially for the campground due to all of the decorations people put up.

When you're curious, you find lots of interesting things to do - Walt Disney
tobikaye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 02:57 PM   #4
cwt580
DIS Veteran

at this late date the odds of finding a campsite are slim. Everyone wants to go at xmas. your best option is to keep checking online and phone in the mornings. if you find something.... book it. wont be there long.

been told alot of the campsites are reserved almost a yr out for the xmas holiday season. school breaks etc contribute to the high volume of rv's at WDW. we used to try to get a rv site at xmas but gave up trying.....

cwt580 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 03:07 PM   #5
katrina1122
Just another Blonde moment in my life. Yay me.

I just checked thru the disney travel agent site, nothing but cabins are available for those dates. Your best bet is to keep checking back. I've found online to be fairly accurate.
katrina1122 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: