Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-18-2012, 01:58 PM   #1201
figment814
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by robinb View Post
Today's NSV: I threw out the not quite empty package of Halloween Oreos. Beware! They are orange frosting filled cookies of the devil.
I have never been able to eat just one oreo...good call on throwing them out!

Quote:
Wow! That's not bad at all! Can you eat something before the luncheon? I guess you could just go and make the best of it. It's better today, the day after your weigh in, than the day before your weigh in. Just use your weeklies for it or work in a little more exercise and activity points.
It was pizza and salad. Only caesar dressing, so I kept it plain, and two squares of pizza...it was sort of a margarita type, so the cheese was not evenly spread, so I picked pieces without a lot of cheese. I also avoided the dessert tray. Not very filling, but kept my points relatively low. Will munch on veggies and fruits to get me to dinner.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stitch Pelekai View Post
Good morning everyone!!

Hope you don't mind if I join your thread? I've been following WW (this time) since July & don't always get to the meetings because of my work schedule, shuttling around my active teenager, etc. So I was hoping I could join in, maybe glean a few things, share some NSVs, recipes & good ideas?

A little about me -- I'm a single, 40 year old mom to a fantastic 14 year old teenager. I work full time outside the home, and am involved with DD's GS troop. I am currently training to complete the PHM in February (first half marathon! - longest I've gone so far is a 10K!!), and since I rejoined WW in July, I've lost 25.2 pounds (weigh in is tomorrow). I made LT on WW back in 2007, but put all that weight back on, plus about another 30, so I'm essentially back where I was 6 years ago (I lost about 5 before officially rejoining).

Look forward to getting to know you all & supporting each other as we reach for our goals!

I'm a rejoiner too! congrats on the 25.2 so far...that is AWESOME!
Previous Trips to WDW: Offsite (1980, 1996, 1997, 2008); SSR (2005, 2008, 2010, 2011); BWV (2009, 2010, 2011,2012); WLV (2010); AKL-Jambo (2011); AKL-Kidani (2011); BLT (2012) Upcoming: 2013 BWV (2) and AKL-Jambo

My WISH Journal
figment814 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 02:13 PM   #1202
robinb
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stitch Pelekai View Post
Good morning everyone!!

Hope you don't mind if I join your thread? I've been following WW (this time) since July & don't always get to the meetings because of my work schedule, shuttling around my active teenager, etc. So I was hoping I could join in, maybe glean a few things, share some NSVs, recipes & good ideas?

A little about me -- I'm a single, 40 year old mom to a fantastic 14 year old teenager. I work full time outside the home, and am involved with DD's GS troop. I am currently training to complete the PHM in February (first half marathon! - longest I've gone so far is a 10K!!), and since I rejoined WW in July, I've lost 25.2 pounds (weigh in is tomorrow). I made LT on WW back in 2007, but put all that weight back on, plus about another 30, so I'm essentially back where I was 6 years ago (I lost about 5 before officially rejoining).

Look forward to getting to know you all & supporting each other as we reach for our goals!

Welcome to the thread! So, you've lost 25 lbs in about 2 months? You are a rock star . There are a few of us here are are "return" visitors to WW and we also have some Lifetime members here too. You'll fit right in .
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-18-2012, 02:49 PM   #1203
Sandi
A proud Spartans fan!

Quote:
Welcome to the thread! So, you've lost 25 lbs in about 2 months? You are a rock star . There are a few of us here are are "return" visitors to WW and we also have some Lifetime members here too. You'll fit right in .
I agree. For several of us, it's not our first rodeo. I found, however, that this thread and the folks on it have kept me on the horse! Welcome to all.

Sandi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 09:10 PM   #1204
pwdebbie
DIS Veteran

Ok, I have to ask. What does NSV stand for? I thought I had it figured out but now I am not so sure.
pwdebbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 09:19 PM   #1205
Krissalee
DIS Veteran

So, I reached a goal today, way ahead of schedule. When I joined WW in the spring, I had hoped to loose 40 pounds by my 40th birthday. This would get me about halfway to my ultimate goal. Well, I am now down 42.6 pounds as of today's weigh in, and my 40th birthday is still 2 months away! So I have amended my goal to hopefully be down 50 by 40. I'm feeling good about the changes I have made and am planning to start my 40s being a healthier person overall.
Past Trips: 10/13 BWV (15th Anniversary) 9/13 BWV (Krissy's first solo trip), 11/12 OKW, 10/11 BWV (13th Anniversary), 2/11 SSR (Mom & Dad's 40th Anniversary) , 10/10 SSR (12th Anniversary), 1/10 BWV, 3/09 BWV, 10/08 SSR (10th Anniversary), 10/07 BCV/SSR (9th Anniversary), 10/06 BWV (8th Anniversary), 10/05 BWV (7th Anniversary & Hurricane Wilma), 10/03 BWV (5th Anniversary), 12/02 AKL/YC (my 30th birthday), 3/02 ASM, 10/01 WL (3rd Anniversary), 1999 CBR (Craig's first trip), childhood trips late 70s/early 80s
Krissalee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 09:22 PM   #1206
jessc79
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krissalee
So, I reached a goal today, way ahead of schedule. When I joined WW in the spring, I had hoped to loose 40 pounds by my 40th birthday. This would get me about halfway to my ultimate goal. Well, I am now down 42.6 pounds as of today's weigh in, and my 40th birthday is still 2 months away! So I have amended my goal to hopefully be down 50 by 40. I'm feeling good about the changes I have made and am planning to start my 40s being a healthier person overall.
Congrats that's wonderful!
Old 10-18-2012, 09:41 PM   #1207
alizesmom
Pumba is my hero but I love Donald

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krissalee
Amazing and wonderful.
Old 10-18-2012, 09:41 PM   #1208
lovesmurfs
I need to start thinking of pithy things to say
It costs him money every time I watch!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pwdebbie View Post
Ok, I have to ask. What does NSV stand for? I thought I had it figured out but now I am not so sure.
Non-scale victory.

"Clothes make the man. Naked people have little or no influence on society." Mark Twain

"Some people are like Slinkies. They serve no useful purpose, but they sure are fun to push down the stairs."
lovesmurfs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 05:28 AM   #1209
Mermaid02
BL II - Blue Team
Cocoa Krispies all the way!
My son's hermit crab is a zombie....
I'm leaving this snake lover infested thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by pwdebbie View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesmurfs View Post
Non-scale victory.
For instance, my pajama pants falling down a couple of weeks ago.

~Be your own inspiration~
Mermaid02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 05:41 AM   #1210
WDWRids
Ready to go back!!

WI this am.......down another lb....total loss of 3 lbs! I've struggled with getting started(lost a lb then gained it back) but doing much better this week. Nice to see 189 on the scale! My goal this week is to get more exercise in. Anyone do a DVD workout? I just got the Tone it Up DVD and its great! Everyone have a great day!
WDWRids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 03:23 PM   #1211
pwdebbie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krissalee View Post
Good for you for doing this at your age. I wish I had! Congrats on meeting your goal ahead of time. I like to set little goals rather than just look at the big picture. Makes it seem more do-able.
Old 10-19-2012, 03:24 PM   #1212
pwdebbie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesmurfs View Post
Non-scale victory.
Thanks! Makes sense to me now.
Old 10-19-2012, 03:43 PM   #1213
robinb
DIS Veteran

I lost .6 lbs this week. I'm happy with any loss but i need to step it up. My goal is another 4 lbs by Thanksgiving.
Old 10-19-2012, 03:44 PM   #1214
pwdebbie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I lost .6 lbs this week. I'm happy with any loss but i need to step it up. My goal is another 4 lbs by Thanksgiving.
What do we have, five weeks yet? I'm sure you can do it.
Old 10-20-2012, 10:43 AM   #1215
lovesmurfs
I need to start thinking of pithy things to say
It costs him money every time I watch!

Uggh. Up 1.4 at WI, and pretty undeserved -- I had a really good OP week.

I keep wondering whether the 4.6 loss last week was accurate. My scale at home and the one at WW are pretty close. I weigh every morning at home, and I never got close to the weight from last week's WI.

Oh well, onward for next week! Tracked everything for today, with dinner pre-planned, and have 2 APs so far -- I plan on 6 more throughout the day.

"Clothes make the man. Naked people have little or no influence on society." Mark Twain

"Some people are like Slinkies. They serve no useful purpose, but they sure are fun to push down the stairs."
lovesmurfs is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: