Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-17-2012, 05:19 PM   #16
ExpatDisneyLover
DIS Veteran

Location: Currently working for the Mouse in Beijing, China with Disney English.

For me it is the theming and imagineering at AKL that makes it magical - . I mean a hotel where there are giraffes outside your balcony is not something anyone does every day - unique it definitely is - and beautiful. If you think you would enjoy the theme of the resort and the animal experience - go for it - AKL is one of a kind!

Otherwise the GF and BWI have got elegance and convenience on their side! The GF, BWI and AKL are my favorite resorts! So glad DVC will be at all three of these!
Jill * 1984 DL * 1986 WDW * 1994 Euro Disney * 1996 WDW * 2009 WDW POR * March 2010 DLRP Santa Fe * June 2010 DLRP Magic Circus * November 2010 DLRP Magic Circus * February 2011 DLRP Dream Castle * May 2011 WDW Sheraton Vistana / Hilton Bonnet Creek * September 2011 WDW Night of Joy Hilton DTD * March 2012 WDW Pop * April 2012 WDW AKL * May 2012 WDW SSR * August 2014 HKDL Disneyland Hotel * December 2014 HKDL Hollywood Hotel * February 2015 DLRP Newport Bay Club *
New Trip Reports August and December Hong Kong Disneyland http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3356993http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3323118

Last edited by ExpatDisneyLover; 10-18-2012 at 03:49 PM.
ExpatDisneyLover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 05:46 PM   #17
job09
Mouseketeer

We loved AKL Jambo house. I loved the relaxing feeling of the resort. You could sit in the rocking chairs off the lobby and let your toddler look out at the animals. The zero depth entry pool was the scene of toddler games with the activity staff. Bomba's is amazing, I love the soup and salad bar there, wish I was there now! We were upgraded to a Savannah view, the kids loved it everytime we looked out the window we had a new view! The night vision goggles are fun to. Have fun!
job09 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-18-2012, 02:26 PM   #18
Shanudge
Earning My Ears

Smile

We loved AKL. And while it might not be "close" to MK, the buses were never a big issue. My kids liked riding the buses and you can't beat all that AKL has to offer. The animals are amazing to watch, the staff goes above and beyond..you can spend hours roaming the property and be awed at the sights. The pool is terrific, the restaurants are excellent...I could go on and on......
We got the upgrade to Savannah both times we stayed there...and we saw animals out our baconly pretty much all the time......again, we had no complaints about our stay last summer...
We are going to try BC this coming summer, not for any other reason but to try something new....I think my kids will miss the giraffes that they saw every day LOL!
Shanudge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 03:04 PM   #19
WDWPooh
Mouseketeer

You guys that got upgraded to savannah view...did you have standard view booked?
It seems they upgrade more frequently here than other resorts. I have a pool view currently booked. But gawsh, I sure would love a savannah
WDWPooh is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: