Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 10-17-2012, 09:02 AM   #3556
Ilivetogo
I really DO want to live there!
I circulate my paper clips at work so they all get used or I feel like they'd be sad if they didn't get a "turn".

Quote:
Originally Posted by ADisneyQueen View Post
Does anyone have an up to date breakfast menu for cafe rix? The one on allears is older and lists breakfast sandwiches but I thought I read somewhere that they now have french toast platters with some other things.
This was from September 5th

IMGP0478 by Ilivetogo toFL, on Flickr

Old 10-17-2012, 09:23 AM   #3557
ADisneyQueen
DIS Veteran

Thanks.
Christmas 2009-CBR and RI Seaworld,June 2012-POP
Aug 2013- CSR and AOA
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-17-2012, 09:31 AM   #3558
Ilivetogo
I circulate my paper clips at work so they all get used or I feel like they'd be sad if they didn't get a "turn".

Quote:
Originally Posted by ADisneyQueen View Post
Thanks.
You're quite welcome!

Old 10-17-2012, 09:33 AM   #3559
jackie101
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by longhorns2 View Post
Going for an Adult only trip for the Princess half marathon. Just switched from AoA LM room to the grown up resort of CSR!

It looks fabulous! Any tips for a newbie? We didn't get a preferred room- should we?
We went in Aug and we did not get the preferred room, no regrets either. The resort is spread out beautiful.
Old 10-17-2012, 10:59 AM   #3560
Robinw0506
Earning My Ears

Best place for a pack n play?

We will be staying at Coronado Nov 24th thru 30th. Our youngest will be 8 months and sleeping in a pack n play... has anyone ever used (either their own or one of Disney's) in a room here? Looking at room pictures and trying to decide the best location to us the pack n play. Any suggestions, experiences would be most helpful.
Old 10-17-2012, 02:21 PM   #3561
Ilivetogo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robinw0506 View Post
We will be staying at Coronado Nov 24th thru 30th. Our youngest will be 8 months and sleeping in a pack n play... has anyone ever used (either their own or one of Disney's) in a room here? Looking at room pictures and trying to decide the best location to us the pack n play. Any suggestions, experiences would be most helpful.
We had a cot brought in for my DS11 in April. It's bigger than a pack-n-play! We took the 2 ottoman-style seats and put them down in the big gap of a wall area by the bathroom and set a suitcase across the top of them (was quite handy, actually) and put the cot right there in the front corner of the room.

However, you could do the opposite, since the pack-n-play would be shorter than the cot was. You could put it by the bathroom area. Only problem I see in that idea is that anyone going to and from the bathroom would make noises (closing the double doors, running water, flushing toilet, etc.) and it just may be better to put it on the other end of the room anyway to keep the little one away from all the bathroom area "activity".

Either way, you'll have NO trouble figuring it out when you get in there. There's room if you make it!!! No worries.

The far corner is where we had the cot. You can see the little square ottomans there -- we moved those.

C-DSCN0036 by Ilivetogo toFL, on Flickr

Old 10-17-2012, 02:54 PM   #3562
Robinw0506
Earning My Ears

Thank you! We are thinking the front corner in front of the window would be best. The only worry was outside noise. We use sound machines at night at home so we would be bringing those along.

Does the desk move any or is it bolted to the wall?

I'm sure it will fit, just looking for best options...without having to rearrange 10 times during our trip
Old 10-17-2012, 03:04 PM   #3563
Ilivetogo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robinw0506 View Post
Thank you! We are thinking the front corner in front of the window would be best. The only worry was outside noise. We use sound machines at night at home so we would be bringing those along.

Does the desk move any or is it bolted to the wall?

I'm sure it will fit, just looking for best options...without having to rearrange 10 times during our trip
I doubt sound would be a huge issue for you, but I suppose that will just depend on exactly where your room is located. A few kids ran by that were a little noisy, but really, that was pretty few-and-far-between.

Yes, the desk is heavy, but it definitely moves. We scooched it over just a tad to accommodate the width of the cot. You won't have any problem fitting it there.

Have a great time!!

Old 10-17-2012, 04:42 PM   #3564
Paradise18
DIS Veteran

Just returned home

We just returned home after spending 6 fantastic days at WDW. We stayed at CSR in room 8525 and loved it. We were super close to bus stop 4 and the buses were incredible. The longest we waited for a bus was 7 minutes outside of DHS and that was with us just missing a bus pulling away. The buses were practically empty too. I know the buses can be hit or miss anywhere/anytime, but we had exceptional bus service. The room was nice, but Mousekeeping seemed a little lacking. Nothing I felt the need to complain about, just a few little things I noted. We ate at the PM only once, but we enjoyed it. The pool and hot tub were great. Overall we thought it was a gorgeous resort and would definitely return.
Old 10-18-2012, 11:45 AM   #3565
AnnieL3
Earning My Ears

Link to the last two previous threads

Can someone give my the link to the last two previous CSR threads? I know the link to the previous thread is on the first page but I'm actually looking for the one prior to that.
thanks
anne-marie
Old 10-18-2012, 11:59 AM   #3566
EpcotBill
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnieL3 View Post
Can someone give my the link to the last two previous CSR threads? I know the link to the previous thread is on the first page but I'm actually looking for the one prior to that.
thanks
anne-marie
All the resort FAQ's are in this thread that is at the top of the forum,
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2876920.
Old 10-18-2012, 12:38 PM   #3567
tstidm1
DIS Veteran

Question about Coronado Springs and Business Room. I am thinking about trying out Coronado Springs and with the 35% off deal I can get a room for a good price in Business (under $540 for three nights). Is the business room what their equivalent of CLub Room at the Deluxe Resorts? I've heard they are offering up Club Rooms in 2013 when they're not conventions there with those amenities. What is the Business Lounge like there? Seeing if I can try a Club for the price of a standard View Deluxe on discount.
June 2011 Off Site
July 2012 Pop Century
March 2013 All Star Sports
July 2014 Dis Exclusive ABD Backstage Magic

Maybe March 2015 trip to Universal Orlando (Going to the Dark Side maybe).
Old 10-19-2012, 09:26 AM   #3568
serene56
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilivetogo View Post
This was from September 5th

IMGP0478 by Ilivetogo toFL, on Flickr

wow- what a huge difference in price. Now I better go look again at the dates of our chosen menu. These 2 bucks here and there can really add to the budget when staying for the week.

But then some things are cheaper now then what they were on the posted menu from 2011.
ham and cheese crosissant is only 5.69 now compared to 6.50 back in the day
Old 10-19-2012, 09:34 AM   #3569
serene56
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tstidm1 View Post
Question about Coronado Springs and Business Room. I am thinking about trying out Coronado Springs and with the 35% off deal I can get a room for a good price in Business (under $540 for three nights). Is the business room what their equivalent of CLub Room at the Deluxe Resorts? I've heard they are offering up Club Rooms in 2013 when they're not conventions there with those amenities. What is the Business Lounge like there? Seeing if I can try a Club for the price of a standard View Deluxe on discount.
I know from reading these boards and calling regarding the business rooms- these are now in the Cabana 9A (or was it B)

what type of amenities do you get with a business room
Old 10-19-2012, 01:30 PM   #3570
sunny_stace
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by StitchandPooh'sMom View Post
I heard from Buzz this morning with some Pop Warner news. CSR will be one of the moderates available to Pop Warner groups. Here is the info from Buzz:

A three (3) night minimum stay is required and includes a standard room at Disney’s All-Star Resorts, Disney’s Caribbean Beach Resort or Disney’s Coronado Springs Resort. All participants/coaches must book a package through Disney Sports Travel and stay at these select Walt Disney World® Resort hotels*

Saturday, December 1st through Saturday, December 9th

We have never been at a resort with the Pop Warner crowds, but I have heard some bad things about the parent chaperones (more so than the kids). There shouldn't be any scheduled activities at CSR as far as I know, but it might be crowded with football teams. Just FYI!
I know I'm a late response but I have stayed at the All Stars during Pop Warner and we never had a problem with noise. The only thing we noticed was that the pool was more crowded! Also my experience from working in a hotel is yes, it's usually the chaperones who are behind the shenannigans. It depends on the people. I'm sure the resorts do their best to keep things from getting out of hand.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: