Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-18-2012, 10:42 AM   #16
WDWRids
Ready to go back!!

Hi!! Joining in! Can't wait to hear about your adventures. Love the NYC pics....isn't it a great place to visit!!
Old 10-18-2012, 02:12 PM   #17
leshunlenese
DIS Veteran

Hi. Im shun and i love that bag. My DS loves dumbo, like crazy. Looking forward to hearing about your trip.
1989 first visit off site + several family trips as a child | 1997 AS Sp | 2000 8th grade band trip/offsite |2004 ASM| 2007*Walt Disney College Program- Chatham Square*| 2008 AARC congress at WDW | 2009 ASMo|OCT 2010 POP..1st MNSSHP/DS 1st visit and birthday | Dec 10 POLY |May/June 11 POP |AUG 11 marriott village |Dec 2011 graduation celebration @AKV-Jambo | FEB 13 dolphin | May 13 POP |Sept 13 Yacht club | Nov 13 POFQ | May 14 Disney dream | Sept 14 Assp | April 15
ME(28)and DS(4)Sept 13 Disney Video
Sept 13 TR
Sept 2014 PTR

I loved the poly but Jambo house stole my heart! Dec 11 college graduation TR
My 1st TR: Who says you can't take a 1 year old to WDW. Put that boy in a stroller!Oct 2010
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-18-2012, 03:39 PM   #18
DMGeurts
Never open texts with the "Hand Sewn Button" attachment!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisNorth View Post
Hi D! So glad you are here! Glad you like the photo there may be a few more of me and Dumbo along the way
Whoot - I can't wait to see! I am super excited to hear all about your trip!

Quote:
I'm seriously annoyed with photobucket. I edited my photos but they aren't showing up as edited.
Phew! I thought it was just me! I have that same exact problem all the time (ask Nini) - it's so frustrating, and I feel your pain.

D~
Old 10-18-2012, 06:33 PM   #19
DisNorth
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWRids View Post
Hi!! Joining in! Can't wait to hear about your adventures. Love the NYC pics....isn't it a great place to visit!!
Hi, so gland you're here! I really loved NYC and would love to go back again, there is so much to do!

Quote:
Originally Posted by leshunlenese View Post
Hi. Im shun and i love that bag. My DS loves dumbo, like crazy. Looking forward to hearing about your trip.
Hi Shun! Welcome!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMGeurts View Post
Whoot - I can't wait to see! I am super excited to hear all about your trip!

Phew! I thought it was just me! I have that same exact problem all the time (ask Nini) - it's so frustrating, and I feel your pain.

D~
I'm glad you are here to hear about my trip, D! Your TR was one that really made me want to do the trip, because of your great photos of the new dumbo ride!

So it's not just me the photobucket doesn't work with!
Old 10-19-2012, 05:32 AM   #20
DMGeurts

Quote:

I'm glad you are here to hear about my trip, D! Your TR was one that really made me want to do the trip, because of your great photos of the new dumbo ride!

So it's not just me the photobucket doesn't work with!
Yah - that Dumbo ride was crazy, who would have ever thought it would be beautiful and magical? I was talking to my girls the other day about the Fantasyland expansion, and how WDW has opened the next phase. They were asking me if it was cool, and I had to remind them... Remember Dumbo? And how it went from "Meh to YAY"... Yup... That's the FLE. Super excited to be going back to check that out!

Yah - the edits don't ever work for me. And I feel awful about it, because I use them to block out my store name on my bags, so I don't get booted from The Dis, but my edits never work, so I just can't show those pictures. It's very frustrating for me. I have never tried contacting Photobucket to tell them that their editing software doesn't work anymore (it used to...), it seems after the latest update, it stopped working for me. Hopefully they will get it back soon. It's not the best editing software, but I like it because it's convenient.

Can't wait to hear more about your trip!

D~
Old 10-24-2012, 10:26 PM   #21
DisNorth
DIS Veteran

Arrival Day

Ok, its about time we get to Walt Disney World! On Thursday I flew from NYC to Orlando. Caught the Magical Express from the airport and arrived at Pop Century at about 6:30pm. Check- in was fast. I got a room in the 60's section. Nice because my room was super close to the front/transportation. It was quite loud when I got to my room, though. There was a 'pool party' thing going on, with music and such. My room was under the dancers:

Spent a little time getting myself organized in my room and then headed to bus.

Bus to Downtown Disney arrived as I was walking up to the bus stop so I was off in a flash.
You got to love a place that has Disney music pipes throughout. Walked around, did a little shopping.

Loved this guy:

Walked all way over to West side. Stopped at Wolfegang puck for supper. Crab cakes delish, salad so-so.

It was time to head back to the resort to rest up! Had to wait for a bit for bus. It was still nosy around the pool when I got back but I had no problem getting to sleep.
Old 10-25-2012, 06:15 AM   #22
DMGeurts

Great update! I didn't realize you stayed at Pop. And your dinner looks delicious!

D~
Old 10-25-2012, 10:54 AM   #23
WDWRids
Ready to go back!!

Great start to your visit!!! Looking forward to hearing more. I really have enjoyed walking around DTD in the evenings. So much going on and great things to see.
Old 10-25-2012, 08:03 PM   #24
DisNorth
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMGeurts View Post
Great update! I didn't realize you stayed at Pop. And your dinner looks delicious!

D~
Thanks, I did stay at pop, but maybe there might be a change coming latter

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWRids View Post
Great start to your visit!!! Looking forward to hearing more. I really have enjoyed walking around DTD in the evenings. So much going on and great things to see.
Hi! DTD is neat, I wish I had more time to check it all out but that was a general theme in my time. Need more time!
Old 10-26-2012, 02:25 AM   #25
msbiscuit
Mouseketeer

Quote:
I'm seriously annoyed with photobucket. I edited my photos but they aren't showing up as edited.
Phooey! I'm still following along! BTW, that Dumbo bag is ADORABLE!
Old 10-30-2012, 12:07 AM   #26
DisNorth
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by msbiscuit View Post
Phooey! I'm still following along! BTW, that Dumbo bag is ADORABLE!
Glad you are still here. The updates are slow but they are coming!!
Old 10-30-2012, 12:15 AM   #27
DisNorth
DIS Veteran

Friday Morning, Animal Kingdom.

Woke up (too early for me) but just made it to AK at 8 for Magic Hour.

So first order of business was the safari. My camera was acting up so my photos suck, which Im so disappointed about. But lots of cool animals active in the morning, we saw lions and rhinos and everything in-between!

Saw these people by the hippos. I totally have to do a special safari tour next time!

Next order of business was breakfast. A quick bagel did the trick. Headed over to Its Not Easy Being a Bug. Totally scary! It's a frightening show!

I turned the corner and Doug and Russell were there! I couldn't resist I had to get a photo, even though it was about a 20min wait. I wasn`t sure about meeting characters at first but once I was there I found the characters really fun. We had a group hug and I asked Russell about his badges and Doug gave me a lick. It was goofy kids stuff, but everyone is a kid at Disney World so I shouldnt be embarrassed, right?

I started making my way towards Nemo, I was headed for the 11am show but had time. Right before crossing over to Dino land I saw Eeyore wandering around at the end of a path. I started chattting to the CM. I couldn't see a line or where the characters were. But when Eeyore came back from him break the CM told him to take me down. So Eeyore lead me down (and who can resist Eeyore?) to meet Pooh and Tigger.

After visiting with the 100 acre wood group I grabbed a fast pass for Everest and then watched Nemo. I don't know about Broadway quality but super fun, great costumes.

Everest was awesome! I really hadnt been on a roller coaster since I was a kid, I forgot how much I loved them. I rode it twice more (single person line was about as fast as the fast pass line, standby line was 30mins.)

I tried a turkey wing, which is way too much meat for one person!

I barely scratched the surface of AK, but I headed back to the resort at 3pm for a little rest and to get ready for MVSHP!

Old 10-30-2012, 12:22 AM   #28
angelbear425
Mouseketeer

Joining in on the fun. I took a solo trip to Disney a few years ago and I definitely don't regret it for a minute. So far you seem to have an amazing time and I can't wait to read the rest.
Old 10-30-2012, 09:01 AM   #29
DisNorth
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by angelbear425 View Post
Joining in on the fun. I took a solo trip to Disney a few years ago and I definitely don't regret it for a minute. So far you seem to have an amazing time and I can't wait to read the rest.
I had a great time, my only complant was I didnt have enought time Next trip will have to be longer!
Old 10-30-2012, 02:57 PM   #30
msbiscuit
Mouseketeer

Those photos at AK are so cute! Glad you got the photo posting issues worked out!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: