Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Universal Studios/Sea World > Universal Studios/Islands of Adventure Forums
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-16-2012, 11:04 PM   #526
macraven
Proud Redhead
Has the longest test on record
Iím a Universal Homie

Location: between milwaukee and chicago (in Tom Felton's house)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Planogirl View Post
That pretty much convinces me that it would be wise to go on Saturday instead of Friday like I originally wanted to. Our flight doesn't arrive in Orlando until almost 2 (if on time! ) and then we have to get our bag and rental car and try to get to Universal and to the holding area by 4:45. We would even have to skip checking into our hotel which is actually closer to WDW due to no availability in our "free" chain.

I wanted to order the undercovertourist deal but I don't think that I will chance it. We'll just have to bite the bullet and get just the passes from UT and S&S from the Universal website.

Now about those Express passes.... I would assume that these would be recommended for Saturday August 27?
i think you mean October.

yes, express will be a necessity if you are going Oct 27th.

macraven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 11:25 PM   #527
Planogirl
I feel the nerd in me stirring already
Oh well, let's look on the bright side
If I hadn't been so wiped out I would have kissed my anesthesiologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by macraven View Post
i think you mean October.

yes, express will be a necessity if you are going Oct 27th.
Yes, October! Why did I type August?

Ugh, so much money.
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-17-2012, 07:51 PM   #528
donald&daisy
DIS Veteran

Just wanted to add that you do not have to be a Florida resident to buy the after 3 pm tickets.
Offsite Spring Break '05 Offsite Spring Break '06 POR Chistmas '06 Pop/ASMU/OKW Summer '07 CBR Summer '08 Royal Pacific & AKL October 2010 Beach Club Villas November 2011 DFTW-Beach Club & Boardwalk April 2012!

My DFTW Planning Journal
donald&daisy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 11:13 PM   #529
Redarrow5150
DIS Veteran

If that happens when we are there I will have no problem talking to management on why I'm paying nearly an extra $40 per ticket for.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metro West View Post
With the way the S & S crowds have been this year, the sooner you can enter the holding area the better off you'll be. You will be able to relax and have a leisurely meal and take your time while waiting for HHN to start. If you get a little hungry during the event, you can always get a snack at one of the many carts throughout the park.
Redarrow5150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 11:51 PM   #530
Planogirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by donald&daisy View Post
Just wanted to add that you do not have to be a Florida resident to buy the after 3 pm tickets.
Which are these? Too many tickets to keep track of!
Old 10-18-2012, 06:00 AM   #531
Metro West
Proud Redhead
11.47 Miles from Universal
23.56 Miles from Disney

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Which are these? Too many tickets to keep track of!
These tickets are called the Scream Early tickets which allow residents to enter either park at 3pm so they can do S & S. But they are only available to FL residents.
Old 10-18-2012, 11:02 AM   #532
Planogirl

Quote:
These tickets are called the Scream Early tickets which allow residents to enter either park at 3pm so they can do S & S. But they are only available to FL residents.
So donald&daisy is incorrect. I'm actually relieved that I don't have another ticket to deal with.
Old 10-18-2012, 11:14 AM   #533
Metro West
Proud Redhead
23.56 Miles from Disney

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
So donald&daisy is incorrect. I'm actually relieved that I don't have another ticket to deal with.
Unless the rules have changed very recently you do have to be a FL resident to purchase those tickets. I spoke to Guest Services about them last weekend and they said residents only so I don't know where the other poster is getting their information but...whatever. I think these tickets have really taken away from the S & S experience since so many people are in the holding areas now.
Old 10-18-2012, 11:19 AM   #534
Rip
Proud Redhead

Quote:
Unless the rules have changed very recently you do have to be a FL resident to purchase those tickets. I spoke to Guest Services about them last weekend and they said residents only so I don't know where the other poster is getting their information but...whatever. I think these tickets have really taken away from the S & S experience since so many people are in the holding areas now.
Couldn't agree more.
Rip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 11:27 AM   #535
LMO429
DIS Veteran

We will be at HHN next sunday 28th with express passes. Have dinner planned at 4 for finnegans..once the park is officially open what is my best plan of attach as far as houses go.

Where should I start. etc thank you

no bill and ted once was enough with that

LMO429 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 11:36 AM   #536
Metro West
Proud Redhead
23.56 Miles from Disney

DISboards Moderator

If you have Express, it won't matter which way you go. Since you are doing S & S, Silent Hill is the house that's open early but save your EP until the lines are really long...and they will be!
Old 10-24-2012, 07:17 PM   #537
donald&daisy
DIS Veteran

Well, we are Arkansas residents and we bought the after 3pm tickets with no problems. YMMV
Offsite Spring Break '05 Offsite Spring Break '06 POR Chistmas '06 Pop/ASMU/OKW Summer '07 CBR Summer '08 Royal Pacific & AKL October 2010 Beach Club Villas November 2011 DFTW-Beach Club & Boardwalk April 2012!

My DFTW Planning Journal
donald&daisy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 02:27 AM   #538
Planogirl

Wow, I want to thank some of you for the great advice on this thread and others. We were at HHN on Saturday and waited in the Finnegan's S&S area. We had a good bite to eat and were led to Silent Hill early. We saw it with virtually no wait, then hurried over to Gothic and then the Walking Dead and again had little wait for either. We then made it to the classic monsters house before everything got way too backed up and we then finally started using our Express passes. We got to redo the first three which was priceless. My only regret is that Dead End opened a little later than the others so we didn't get back to it until it was packed and therefore only got to see it once.

The worst wait we saw was 150 minutes for the Walking Dead but wait times of 75 to 90 minutes was pretty routine. We saw a lot of scareactors but we noticed that they did tend to congregate in certain areas. The best of all was when the zombies or vampires would group together and "attack" all at once. It was hysterical to see so many in the crowd flee.

Bill & Ted was pretty good and our audience seemed to really be into it. We loved having the access to some rides when we wanted something different plus it was also great that Universal leaves so many restaurants open too.

We'll be back. I hope that we can find a way to go earlier in the season because I understand that the experience is quite a bit different when it isn't quite so crowded.
Old 10-29-2012, 06:55 PM   #539
macraven
Proud Redhead
Has the longest test on record
Iím a Universal Homie

Location: between milwaukee and chicago (in Tom Felton's house)

in past years, saturday night hhn does have long line waits for houses.
some houses can be up to two hours, so this year's long lines are not an exception.

glad you had fun and enjoyed hhn.

you are now a pro and will know exactly what to do the next time you go to hhn.

macraven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 11:14 PM   #540
PammyK
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Wow, I want to thank some of you for the great advice on this thread and others. We were at HHN on Saturday and waited in the Finnegan's S&S area. We had a good bite to eat and were led to Silent Hill early. We saw it with virtually no wait, then hurried over to Gothic and then the Walking Dead and again had little wait for either. We then made it to the classic monsters house before everything got way too backed up and we then finally started using our Express passes. We got to redo the first three which was priceless. My only regret is that Dead End opened a little later than the others so we didn't get back to it until it was packed and therefore only got to see it once.

The worst wait we saw was 150 minutes for the Walking Dead but wait times of 75 to 90 minutes was pretty routine. We saw a lot of scareactors but we noticed that they did tend to congregate in certain areas. The best of all was when the zombies or vampires would group together and "attack" all at once. It was hysterical to see so many in the crowd flee.

Bill & Ted was pretty good and our audience seemed to really be into it. We loved having the access to some rides when we wanted something different plus it was also great that Universal leaves so many restaurants open too.

We'll be back. I hope that we can find a way to go earlier in the season because I understand that the experience is quite a bit different when it isn't quite so crowded.
So glad you had a good time! I was there last night but didn't do any houses because it was the final task for the Horror Unearthed game which was really awesome in a different way. Even if you can't make it next year, you should get involved with the online game as it is quite fun. Maddening at times, but fun.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: