Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-13-2012, 11:34 AM   #136
AirGoofy
DIS Dad#341
Savvy!
I have yet to snag one of those recliner seats right in front of the big screen TV

My updated Disney Pin collection (81). Each one has a memory, which is why I am a pin collector and not pin trader.

I didn't add to my Disney city this year. Cinderella's castle is broken and I need a new one, but I meant to add the train this year, but I forgot. I also want to add Tree of Life, but I haven't seen that one yet.

DIS Dad #341
WDW Commando #187
Disneytopia LIVE! DVC Trip Reports
2014 DDC Disney World Series Champion
2011 Dis Dads Pro Football Pick'em Champion

Last edited by AirGoofy; 10-14-2012 at 08:48 AM.
AirGoofy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 12:02 PM   #137
AirGoofy
DIS Dad#341
Savvy!
I have yet to snag one of those recliner seats right in front of the big screen TV

Epilogue

So, another great WDW vacation in the books.

Some new things we learned this trip and considerations to make for future trips.

As of now, we need to avoid 3 late nights. We had two MNSSHP and one Epcot evening EMH to midnight and it is too exhausting for our children. Well, I am tired as well, but they seemed to struggle a bit more. Also, staying at the parks until midnight the day before you check out was not the best of ideas. While we were not rushed to check out, it was tiring. Finally, for our family, we work better when we skip days between parks. So, while we did Epcot to midnight and not a party the next day until 4:00 PM, we really needed the whole day of rest. Finally, not to try to many new places to eat. My goal is to eat at every restaurant (that I want to try) at WDW, however, sometimes, I overdo it and it is too much food. With that in mind, let's consider our 2013 trip planned.....
DIS Dad #341
WDW Commando #187

Last edited by AirGoofy; 12-28-2012 at 02:49 PM.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-13-2012, 12:07 PM   #138
AirGoofy
DIS Dad#341
Savvy!

2013 Itinerary

Easter week. I know the crowd levels will be terrible.

Boardwalk

Saturday - Arrive
8:00 AM - Cape May

Sunday
Mass
5:45 Shula's

Monday - DHS
5:05 - Hollywood Brown Derby

Tuesday
ESPN Club

Wednesday - Epcot
8:10 Akershus
5:45 Via Napoli

Thursday - Leave
ESPN Club lunch
DIS Dad #341
WDW Commando #187

Last edited by AirGoofy; 10-15-2012 at 07:11 PM.
Old 10-13-2012, 10:38 PM   #139
Wherem I Now
DIS Dad #30
29+85+77+26+95+4=FUN

Great to see that you already have the next trip lined up!

Thanks for bringing us along. I loved knowing that your pictures had just been taken just hours before I got to see them.

Great job!
#30 King of the house, ruled by the Queen, and overrun by Princesses (18,16,7)

1978, 6/91 DisneyMoon, 10/94 DVL, 10/00 1st trip with DD's, 1/03, 1/05, 1/06 DCL Wonder. 4/06 Bonus day after business trip, 1/07 1st trip for 3rd DD, 6/07, 8/08 "Resort Hopper Trip", 1/09, 10/10, 5/11 DCL Dream, 4/12 OKW, 6/13 DCL Dream & OKW
Wherem I Now is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 09:30 AM   #140
AirGoofy
DIS Dad#341
Savvy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wherem I Now View Post
Great to see that you already have the next trip lined up!

Thanks for bringing us along. I loved knowing that your pictures had just been taken just hours before I got to see them.

Great job!
Thanks. That is one of the things we really like about DVC, booking at 11 months out, and having a vacation planned as soon as we get back. Of course, I'm sure the money makers at WDW like to see that as well.

I had fun doing the live trip report. I was able to post a few right away when I took them, and some I waited until the children were in bed or getting showered/ dressed to write a bit more of it. I wish my cell phone took better pictures, but I found with the other camera, I was fumbling with my cell phone, camera, and Photopass and it just got to be too much.
DIS Dad #341
WDW Commando #187
Old 10-15-2012, 08:02 PM   #141
MaMudduck
Disney Princess Forever
I think is too cold in Canadian for the Tag fairy...She might freeze her pixie dust off!

I'm sure this goes for all the others that have followed this trip report...but I still find it really cool that you like & have done so much of the same thing that my family loves too.

Common things I found:
1)Totally floored me to see your pictures with dd's behind bars with "Zurg"- or whatever his name is...I thought I was the only one who did that... I have my dd pictures ranging from ages 6 to 16 too
2)Epcot first thing in the morning...
3) The sushi thing
4) I've stayed at most of the same resorts..
5) Pin collection
6) Castle with the cat I have a similar picture...less Epcot & other stuff... I've even told dd when she moves out of the house, I'm keeping the castle!
7) restaurant choices

Thank you for sharing the journey... and letting me know I'm not the only freak out there
WDW Commando Member#199

Wendy-MaMudduck-WDW' 77, Poly'78, DL'81,Grovs '88, ASMo'02, CBR'03, Vistana Oct'04,PolyCL- Oct'05,MVMCP@ POP Dec'07, BCV/BWV- Nov'08, Bonnet Creek, US/IOA, Nov '10, Disneyland-Nov '11 Dream Trip AKL-Oct'12, Xmas 1.5 Dec'13, 1st Solo Trip- Mar'14 , 2nd Solo trip-Nov '14
PaMudduck- Grovs'88, ASMo'02, Oct'04, POP- DEC'07 ,Disneyland-Nov'11 AKL-Oct'12, Xmas 1.5 Dec'13
'LilMudduck- ASMo'02, CBR'03, Oct'04, PolyCL-Oct'05, MVMCP- POP Dec'07WWoHP Nov '10, Xmas 1.5 Dec'13
MaMudduck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 08:16 PM   #142
AirGoofy
DIS Dad#341
Savvy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaMudduck View Post
I'm sure this goes for all the others that have followed this trip report...but I still find it really cool that you like & have done so much of the same thing that my family loves too.

Common things I found:
1)Totally floored me to see your pictures with dd's behind bars with "Zurg"- or whatever his name is...I thought I was the only one who did that... I have my dd pictures ranging from ages 6 to 16 too
2)Epcot first thing in the morning...
3) The sushi thing
4) I've stayed at most of the same resorts..
5) Pin collection
6) Castle with the cat I have a similar picture...less Epcot & other stuff... I've even told dd when she moves out of the house, I'm keeping the castle!
7) restaurant choices

Thank you for sharing the journey... and letting me know I'm not the only freak out there
We are on the commando thread, so there are at least 200 of us there. Thank you for following along and your comments.

I have no idea how that Zurg thing started, although my guess is they came off the ride and saw other children behind there, and then it just became a regular thing. Kinda like that Hatter tea cup picture. I have taken a similar one of DW and I over the years, but I am not as cute as dds so I didn't post all those.

And yes, that Disney city is mine. They just get to borrow it.
DIS Dad #341
WDW Commando #187
Old 10-15-2012, 08:43 PM   #143
MaMudduck
Disney Princess Forever
I think is too cold in Canadian for the Tag fairy...She might freeze her pixie dust off!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AirGoofy View Post
I have no idea how that Zurg thing started, although my guess is they came off the ride and saw other children behind there, and then it just became a regular thing.
It was probably was my KID!!!! we started taking pictures with dd posing like a model on the car that was at the beginning of Toontown and then the 3rd year we went....the car was gone, now ToonTown is gone! At least we'll always have Zurg.
WDW Commando Member#199

Wendy-MaMudduck-WDW' 77, Poly'78, DL'81,Grovs '88, ASMo'02, CBR'03, Vistana Oct'04,PolyCL- Oct'05,MVMCP@ POP Dec'07, BCV/BWV- Nov'08, Bonnet Creek, US/IOA, Nov '10, Disneyland-Nov '11 Dream Trip AKL-Oct'12, Xmas 1.5 Dec'13, 1st Solo Trip- Mar'14 , 2nd Solo trip-Nov '14
PaMudduck- Grovs'88, ASMo'02, Oct'04, POP- DEC'07 ,Disneyland-Nov'11 AKL-Oct'12, Xmas 1.5 Dec'13
'LilMudduck- ASMo'02, CBR'03, Oct'04, PolyCL-Oct'05, MVMCP- POP Dec'07WWoHP Nov '10, Xmas 1.5 Dec'13
Old 10-16-2012, 06:06 PM   #144
AirGoofy
DIS Dad#341
Savvy!

Quote:
It was probably was my KID!!!! we started taking pictures with dd posing like a model on the car that was at the beginning of Toontown and then the 3rd year we went....the car was gone, now ToonTown is gone! At least we'll always have Zurg.
I remember Pete's garage, but i don't remember a car. We were there in 2000 on our Disneymoon, but I probably wasn't paying as much attention as I do now.
DIS Dad #341
WDW Commando #187
Old 10-17-2012, 06:39 PM   #145
disney212
DIS Veteran

I was out of town but finally caught up! Sounds like you had a great trip! Can't wait to read about the next one.
disney212 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 06:49 PM   #146
AirGoofy
DIS Dad#341
Savvy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by disney212 View Post
I was out of town but finally caught up! Sounds like you had a great trip! Can't wait to read about the next one.
You'll have to wait until March and I'll try another Live report. I wonder if the mods will let me leave this one open, and then I can just start posting here. Someone could teach me how to update the signature line and I could put in the new date and go from there. That would be fun to see 10 years of trip reports in one thread.
DIS Dad #341
WDW Commando #187
Old 10-17-2012, 07:53 PM   #147
Rest&Relax
Ears at Rest

Finally had a chance to finish reading your TR. Sounds like you had a great time! Reminds me a lot when our boys were younger. Looking forward towards your next TR.
Rest&Relax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 06:34 PM   #148
MaMudduck
Disney Princess Forever

Quote:
You'll have to wait until March and I'll try another Live report. I wonder if the mods will let me leave this one open, and then I can just start posting here. Someone could teach me how to update the signature line and I could put in the new date and go from there. That would be fun to see 10 years of trip reports in one thread.
Go to "User CP"- Edit signature (under control panel), scroll down to the posting box, now just add your dates to the bottom of the box, only delete the type you don't want to appear. To change the date on the Disneytopia link line, just type over the date or if you want 2 links just insert a new link button after the original one" - Preview, then submit
Do NOT, repeat do NOT touch the avatar box, where the tag fairy has posted because if you do anything to it, it will disappear. EDIT: it's not the avatar box, my mistake, it the edit user details....custom title

Ok, I hope those instructions make sense, or if that's actually what you were asking
WDW Commando Member#199

Last edited by MaMudduck; 10-18-2012 at 06:43 PM.
Old 10-18-2012, 07:34 PM   #149
AirGoofy
DIS Dad#341
Savvy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rest&Relax View Post
Finally had a chance to finish reading your TR. Sounds like you had a great time! Reminds me a lot when our boys were younger. Looking forward towards your next TR.
Thanks. Can't wait for the next trip.

Quote:
Go to "User CP"- Edit signature (under control panel), scroll down to the posting box, now just add your dates to the bottom of the box, only delete the type you don't want to appear. To change the date on the Disneytopia link line, just type over the date or if you want 2 links just insert a new link button after the original one" - Preview, then submit
Do NOT, repeat do NOT touch the avatar box, where the tag fairy has posted because if you do anything to it, it will disappear. EDIT: it's not the avatar box, my mistake, it the edit user details....custom title

Ok, I hope those instructions make sense, or if that's actually what you were asking
I was trig to figure out how to edit the title of the thread.
DIS Dad #341
WDW Commando #187
Old 10-19-2012, 06:18 PM   #150
MaMudduck
Disney Princess Forever

Quote:
I was trig to figure out how to edit the title of the thread.

Oooohhhh totally different

In your first post that starts the thread click on Edit in the lower right corner of the post. When the editing box comes up click on "Advanced Edit" in the lower right. That will take you to a posting screen and you can change the title in the Title bar just like you saw when you posted this thread.

I just tested it myself as a refresher... it works

You can also change/set the link to start at the new post of of the next trip vs. starting at beginning (pg 1) by clicking on the page & post and using that as the URL ....
WDW Commando Member#199

Tags
beer, dads, live, trip report

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: