Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 10-17-2012, 09:09 AM   #16
chateau
DIS Veteran

Was this app actually put out by Disney? I'd be afraid to list all my info then have it used up by someone else!!
Old 10-17-2012, 09:24 AM   #17
mathmagic
Mouseketeer

It says on the back of the coupon "Excludes Target Mobile, gift card purchases and prescriptions."
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-17-2012, 09:58 AM   #18
IBelieveInTheMagic
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mathmagic View Post
It says on the back of the coupon "Excludes Target Mobile, gift card purchases and prescriptions."
Exactly - but remember the Disney cards (and several others) are considered "entertainment cards" which is why Target Red card holders get 5% off on them on a regular basis. The same is true when there are extra 5% offs from the Pharmacy rewards.

I wouldn't be surprised if one day this is changed and they discontinued them on the Entertainment cards but this has been allowed for quite awhile.

Heather
WDW: 11/2008 (MVMCP), 9-10/2009 (MNSSHP, F&W, Pirates Pal Cruise & Pirates League), 4/2010 (Flower & Garden Festival & Jedi Training), 10/2010 (MNSSHP & F&W), 6/2011 (SWW & Universal Studios), 11/2011 Girls Trip (MVMCP & Osborne Lights), 6/2012 and 11/2012 (Osborne Lights), and WDW/MNSSHP 10/2013.
DCL (Gold!): 6/2012 (KSC & Dream), 8/2012 Dream, 12/2012 Fantasy (Mom & I), 6/2013 Wonder(Alaska!), 9/2013 Dream (girls cruise) & 12/2013 Dream (girls cruise), 1/2014 Magic, & 4/2014 Fantasy Next: 9/2014 (Dream for my Mom), 4/2015 Wonder & 6/2015 (Magic-Europe)
Old 10-17-2012, 10:05 AM   #19
LindseyLou2222
DIS Veteran

Great information. Thanks!

Old 10-17-2012, 10:06 AM   #20
Belle4
Mouseketeer

I have one of these coupons that came in the mail for my mother in law. They are out of town for several months so I am sure she won't mind if I use it. Do I need to use the coupon with a Target card? I don't have one but thought I could at least get 5% off. Also, can these cards be added to our onboard account?
Old 10-17-2012, 10:07 AM   #21
Angelic Jennifer
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by chateau View Post
Was this app actually put out by Disney? I'd be afraid to list all my info then have it used up by someone else!!
The app is copyrighted in 2010 by Disney.

I haven't had any problems with it, and I've been using it for ages. I always keep Disney gift cards on hand, and I've never lost any money or had any privacy issues.
Old 10-17-2012, 11:29 AM   #22
chinarider
DIS Veteran

I didnt receive the additional 5% off coupon however, I wanted to chime in. This past summer we need a 7 night on the Fantasy and a 7 day at WDW. I paid for both of these with Disney cards that I had purchased at Target and saved the 5% off my entire trip. Yes, keep the cards just in case because that is how the money will be refunded back if need be. Also, you can go ahead and call in the gift cards for on board credit on the ship. This way everything that is charged to your room ( excursions, tips, bingo, etc ) is then discounted. You can bring the cards with you but, I found it easier to call them in and not lug them around ( they become quite bulky). I also would purchase them in increments and call them in periodically because it does take the cast members ( or TA's) quite some time to process them
Old 10-17-2012, 12:51 PM   #23
llqool
DIS Veteran

Location: Stationed in Germany, but STILL a FL resident (yeah!!!!)

Just used my target card and the coupon together. Given that some people have had difficulties, I was a little worried about getting the discount. And at the Target that I went to, the associates were pulling the $25 Disney gift cards off the shelves and replacing them with $50 cards. They wouldn't even let me take the last two $25 cards that I found on the shelf. I would have preferred the smaller increment cards for more flexibility. Oh, well. Can't complain b/c I got a double discount!
Old 10-17-2012, 01:10 PM   #24
Wadekind
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by miztressuz View Post
yeah that's the highest i saw too, bummer.

that's awesome, probably cuz her employee discount should be combined with it too. at least when i worked there it would (we didn't sell the entertainment gift cards then, but same concept. we could combine our employee and target visa rewards discounts).

if they still do a 10% employee discount that would be sweet. (its been a while, i've heard it might have been dropped to 5%, or maybe that was just for seasonal workers, hard to tell. still better than a sharp stick in the eye)

i am definitely looking out for the extra 5% coupon. last one i saw was a 5% for ONLY tv's and the latest coupon couple weeks ago was $5 of $50 (again, better than nothing) hopefully that promo comes to my area.
I'm stealing this line
Old 10-17-2012, 01:28 PM   #25
damiel
DIS Veteran

During the month of July Target had $50.00 Disney cards on sale for $47.00, I was able to use my 5% pharmacy discount and my 5% red card discount! I got a combined discount of nearly 15%!
Old 10-17-2012, 01:51 PM   #26
sdKT
wonder 9.25.11

Ooh! how did i not know this. i lvoe target and spend a lot of time there...

so qs. my cruise is all paid off.. Can i buy the gc and use them on ship? or call in to add as credit to my cabin?
Old 10-17-2012, 02:21 PM   #27
BEARCATS07
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angelic Jennifer View Post
The app is copyrighted in 2010 by Disney.

I haven't had any problems with it, and I've been using it for ages. I always keep Disney gift cards on hand, and I've never lost any money or had any privacy issues.
What platform is the app on iphone or droid? and what is the name of it, that would be nice to have!
Old 10-17-2012, 02:24 PM   #28
erocrobro
DIS Veteran

I have it on my iPhone. Just search for Disney gift cards in the App Store.

Old 10-17-2012, 02:52 PM   #29
jlemieu1
DIS Veteran

The Target Red card rocks. The 5% discount is great. My wife thought I was crazy but I wanted to pay for our whole cruise on Disney Gift cards...Mission Successful. I cleared out 4 Metro MN stores.

canon 088 by cari1585, on Flickr

canon 089 by cari1585, on Flickr

Here are a couple useful tips I can share from my experience.

-- If a clerk tells you that you can't buy the cards, ask them to talk to a manager. If the manager says NO, then have them call Credit Services for the Red Card. (I only needed to do this once)
-- A normal store will have 40 cards out on display.
-- When they run the gift cards using the Red Card as payment, it will take a while because it needs to activate each card. (I had to wait for 5 minutes at one store)
-- Look at the back of the cards to find the older ones that have the whole 16 digit number exposed. (Less mess from the scratching off of the security covering)
-- If you have the newer cards you only need to scratch off the the last 4 digits(about 1/3 of the left side) of the 16 digit card number. DCL web site does not require the rest of the numbers.
-- You can make payments online 3 cards at a time. Beware doing it late at night because there payment system will freeze or crash at night.

How to pay with more than one GC at a time (limited to 3 cards a transaction) at DCL website.

- Go to Payment online thru My Reservation ot Castaway Club ("Make a Payment" link
-Go below payment info then click on the link "Use Additional Cards"
- Go to Disney GC section then click on the link "I want to use multiple gift cards"
.... many other .....
10/01 - RCL - VoS 3nts. - honeymoon
09/00 - MK - Proposal

Last edited by jlemieu1; 02-11-2013 at 10:13 AM.
Old 10-17-2012, 03:40 PM   #30
jahber
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlemieu1
-- A normal store will have 40 cards out on display.
-- When they run Red card it will take a while because it needs to activate each card. (I had to wait for 5 minutes at one store)
Thanks for the tips!

My store only ever has about 10 at a time, and this last time there were none . They are over in the book/music section on an Entertainment Card rack. Not easy to find!

My cards have never taken long to activate (like, 5 seconds maybe), but I wonder if it takes longer when you have many cards? I've never done more than 4 at a time

The thought of using 40 cards to pay for the cruise makes me cringe. But 5% is 5%, right???
Dream 4-night Bahamas 5/12
WDW too many times to count!
Closed Thread

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: