Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Camping at Disney World
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-16-2012, 10:50 AM   #16
Tented1
Mouseketeer

Is the water at Disney bad? I keep seeing where people ship water to there resort. I was planing on just refilling our drink bottles as needed in the parks.

WDW 1969 WDL 1985 CBR 2007
Tented1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 11:11 AM   #17
kcp1377
Mouseketeer

We bring a lot, but we're also packing differently than we would if it were just DH and I.

In a backpack goes:
Diapers/Wipes, water bottles (we bring 6 full sized Contigo/Camelback water bottles but only 2 go into the backpack), extra clothing for the 3 littlest, snacks, camera, tickets, room keys, a smaller bag with necessities (lip balm, diaper cream, sunscreen, bandaids, first aid kit, etc...), Ponchos, umbrella, . Everything has it's own pocket or is put into a smaller bag.

Then we have an extra bag that we put our lunches into (we love bento boxes for lunches). That hangs from the stroller. Then under the stroller goes any water bottle that wouldn't fit into the backpack. As we eat lunch we stack the bento boxes, which makes room in the large bag for anything we buy.

I also always have a wrap (or two) with me that we can carry the babies in, then use as a blanket or picnic blanket as needed. I've even used them as towels before. We have a Valco Twin Runabout triple stroller, so plenty of space to hang things from the back or put underneath. My favorite bags for Disney (just in case any other moms are looking for an awesome disney diaper bag backpack) are from Ju-Ju-Be. They have a backpack named BeRightBack (BRB) that holds everything, still has room for more and never gets heavy or uncomfortable. Highly recommended if you are looking for something to take into the parks with kids. They aren't cheap, but very well made and last and last. Then when we stop for a ride or something I grab the backpack from the stroller and everything else stays with it.

kcp1377 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-16-2012, 12:40 PM   #18
Shawna37
Earning My Ears

Stuff I bring in the parks

If you don't like the water at the fountains, they will give a cup of water to you FREE at any restaurant or food stand. I use that to refill my water bottles and if I want something w/ some flavor, I add in a flavor pack such as Crystal Light or Mio. I freeze the Uncrustables pb&j sandwhiches for my 10yr old and then pull them out in the morning we go and put them in our backpack.....they are thawed by the time lunch comes. Uncrustables is what the park serves for the pb&j kids meal sandwiches and at $5-$6 for a kids meal, bringing the Uncrustables is MUCH cheaper. I also bring frozen grapes (WONDERFUL when it's hot outside-they're like little slushes), granola bars and chips for snacks. I would advise bringing a small flash light if you're going to return to the campground at night since the little critters come out and you don't trip on anything. We also go by the dollar store or Walmart and get rain ponchos.
Shawna37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 06:30 PM   #19
bama_ed
My old avatar was the blue Muppet named Grover

To us just about all Florida water has an aftertaste. We'll cook with it but we'll just drink bottled water.

We pack a lunch into the theme parks to save on dining dollars. We use a soft-sided backpack cooler filled with sandwiches, chips, sliced fruit, etc and rent a storage locker for it until mealtime. No glass bottles (except baby food is permitted), no alchohol of course. We do have to go through the bag inspection lines before entering the park.

It's worth it for us.

Bama ED
Jan 1988 FW 700 Loop (tent).......Jan 2004 FW 2500 Loop (cabin)....... Apr 2011 FW 2000 Loop (pop-up)
May 1988 FW 1200 Loop (tent).... May 2006 FW 900 Loop (pop-up) .... Mar 2012 FW 1500 Loop (pop-up)
Dec 1995 Contemporary.............. Mar 2007 FW 1000 Loop (pop-up).... Apr 2013 FW 100 Loop (pop-up)

plus countless WDW day trips, DL 3X, DLP 2X - TV: 2005 Chevy Suburban - Camper: 2014 Aliner Expedition - Nights Camped: 182
bama_ed is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 09:33 PM   #20
North of Mouse
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tented1 View Post
Is the water at Disney bad? I keep seeing where people ship water to there resort. I was planing on just refilling our drink bottles as needed in the parks.
We don't like to carry water bottles so just get CS ice water cups when needed (don't find the filtered water tastes bad). We also bring a couple *Pure Lemon* packets and sprinkle a little in the water to vary the flavor sometimes. We are not big soda drinkers.

DH's phone serves as a flashlight when returning to FW. I carry a small cross body bag with ID, AP, small amount of cash, lip baum, lotion, gum,and that's just about it. If the weather is threatening rain, also include mini umbrellas (hate ponchos). We are not big on running around in the heavy rain.
North of Mouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 09:29 AM   #21
Tented1
Mouseketeer

Thanks for the tips about the water. My family are also water drinkers. So CS water or bottled.

We are also bringing a soft backpack cooler for our lunch.

Does anyone take a rolling backpack into the parks?

Have you ever seen anyone sitting on a stool or using a backpack chair in the lines?

I really appreciate all the input and tips, including having something soft you can multiuse and sit on.

I also recently saw iPhone lanyards that you can wear around your neck and clip into the charging plug of the phone. Thought this might be interesting especially to access WWW phone apps.

Old 10-17-2012, 01:28 PM   #22
awanatech
Earning My Ears

We take the usual stuff that others have already mentioned (in a backpack), but we also take something to entertain our boys while we are standing in line. Small bottles of bubbles work wonders to pass the time. We also keep some quarters & pennies handy for smashed penny souvenirs.
awanatech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 07:08 AM   #23
KimIce
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Where did u find a backpack that folds to fit in ur pocket?

I need to add drops for DD's contacts! :-)
I bought 2 of them @ the MK, but I have a couple other ones that were given to me @ special events like Bikeweek, etc. from vendors like Allstate, one of the Bike companies & also my DH works for our city & they just gave them to the employees stuffed with things. They really are nice & very convenient. They fold small & are very packable. Like I said it will fit in my pocket.

Also, don't forget aspirin. I always have that to.

KimI
Old 10-18-2012, 08:06 AM   #24
retired and happy
Auburn-him/Alabama-her

Water is not all that bad at the Fort, but our motorhome has an external filter that helps ...maybe. I never really drank any unfiltered water there.
retired and happy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 10:56 AM   #25
Tented1
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by KimIce

I bought 2 of them @ the MK, but I have a couple other ones that were given to me @ special events like Bikeweek, etc. from vendors like Allstate, one of the Bike companies & also my DH works for our city & they just gave them to the employees stuffed with things. They really are nice & very convenient. They fold small & are very packable. Like I said it will fit in my pocket.

Also, don't forget aspirin. I always have that to.

KimI
Thanks for the response. I think I know where I can get some. This will be handy for DD.

Old 10-19-2012, 02:30 PM   #26
retired and happy
Auburn-him/Alabama-her

By the way, is CS WATER from counter service (CS) or comfort stations (CS)?
retired and happy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 04:38 PM   #27
bandit90
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Does anyone take a rolling backpack into the parks?
I don't. I've seen only a few people do it and they're usually complaining about how many people end up kicking it or tripping over it because they aren't looking where they're going especially in crowds.
bandit90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 05:17 PM   #28
luckycharm19335
DIS Veteran

We bring as little as possible.
KTTW card, some cash, cell phone and key to MH.
Hands free. Ready to go.
luckycharm19335 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 10:56 PM   #29
Tented1
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by retired and happy
By the way, is CS WATER from counter service (CS) or comfort stations (CS)?
Well, if it's as crowded at Christmas as EVERYTHING indicates it could go either way. If I can't get to counter service I may have to run and fill my bottle up at the comfort station.

Old 10-19-2012, 11:00 PM   #30
Tented1
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bandit90

I don't. I've seen only a few people do it and they're usually complaining about how many people end up kicking it or tripping over it because they aren't looking where they're going especially in crowds.
Thanks I was just wondering. Makes since.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: