Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-16-2012, 06:20 PM   #16
SuzanneSLO
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sleepyluke View Post
Thanks for the easy answers and tips. One more though, what card gets the 5% on Disney stuff? I see the regular (no fee) rewards card gets 1%, the Premier ($49 a year) gets 2% on gas, Disney, restaraunts, but I can't find the 5%, or is that a certain special offering?

A couple years of gas and nothing but the actual cost of the cruise should get us a couple hunderd bucks anyway. Other than it is a credit card like the rest and is evil, sounds pretty good!
There was a special offer earlier this year on the Premier that gave 5% bonus on Disney, restuarants, gas and groceries for 90 days. I paid for most of 5 cabins during that time and will be able to pay my DVC maintenance fees with the rewards I earned! -- Suzanne
SuzanneSLO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 06:26 PM   #17
momof3indianakids
Earning My Ears

I warned over $400 in reward money with the premier card. We used it for all our gas and did for 6 months at 5% back and a few places to eat as well. We are using that money for tips and excursion. It's nice having free money to use on our trip. Now if we had this card a year or 2 before I trip it would have been even better!
momof3indianakids is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-16-2012, 07:18 PM   #18
ruadisneyfan2
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sleepyluke View Post
I hope someone can tell me a couple simple answers, I can't seem to find it with the search, but probably because I am using the wrong wording.

Part 1: If already booked, is the remaining balance paid on the VISA, is that subject to the 0%, or only if initial booking?

Part 2: If balance is put on the card (regardless of % rate) does that still get the rewards to use on that cruise?

Part 3: not getting into credit cards vs. no credit cards, are you generally pleased with the card and how the rewards get to be used?

Thanks
Since #s 1 & 2 were already answered, I'll answer #3. I like my DV for booking Disney cruises or packages to take advantage of the 0%. It's not my regular card though. Even with booking let's say a $3000 cruise, that's still only $30 in rewards. We put our everyday purchases on our Southwest Airlines visa. Sure it's a $59/yr fee but we earn at least 2-3K SWA points each month so every other month we earn another one way flight to FL. They really accumulate quickly. Since flights are a big portion of anything we do in FL, I find that a much bigger help than the DV rewards. We get "help" with our onboard acct by rebooking onboard and getting credits that way plus our TA adds more. $550 total for our next cruise.
Even if we fly Airtran or USAirways for our cruise, (for better flight times, prices, participating w/OBCI, etc.) the points we earn on SW from those purchases help get us another flight on SW eventually. Makes it a little easier to swallow if we want a long weekend in WDW or US/IOA.
Old 10-16-2012, 07:22 PM   #19
M&M-Mommy
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by su_A_ve View Post
One last thing - in order to get the $50 OBC, you MUST book everything (all deposits and payments) on your Disney Rewards Visa.

My .02...
Is that on EVERY Disney Cruise? or just the first one you book on the Disney Visa card?

Disneyland Family Trip- June 2014
Disneyland Mothers Day Trip- May 2014
Disneyland Tinkerbell 10K Trip- January 2014
Disneyland 10K Trip- August 2013
Secret Disneyland Trip- May 2013
Disneyland Tinkerbell 1/2 Marathon- January 2013
WDW Wine and Dine 1/2 Marathon/ C2C Medal- November 2012
Disney Fantasy Cruise- November 2012
Disney World Halloween- Oct/Nov 2012
Disneyland Anniversary Trip- October 2012
Disneyland 1/2 Marathon Trip- September 2012
Makenna's 4th Birthday DL Trip- August 2012
Disneyland 40th Birthday Trip- March 2012
DL Tinkerbell Neverland Fun Run- January 2012
First Disney Cruise on the Magic- December 3, 2011
Disneyland Holiday- November 2011
Makenna's DL Birthday Celebration- August 2011
Disneyland Anniversary Trip- October 2010
Disneyland VERY PREGNANT Trip- July 2008
Disneyland Tokyo 1st Anniversary- October 2007
Disneyland Trip- January 2006
Walt Disney World- August 2003
M&M-Mommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 07:50 PM   #20
lanejudy

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by M&M-Mommy View Post
Is that on EVERY Disney Cruise? or just the first one you book on the Disney Visa card?
It's on any DCL cruise as long as Chase is offering this as a perk to Disney Visa cardholders. They have extended it a couple of times, I believe. The current offer is for sailings through 9/28/2013. It must be mentioned at the time of booking (I think there's a code, but maybe just asking is good enough) and the full cruise fare must be paid through the Disney Visa.
lanejudy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 07:51 PM   #21
eva
Often uses her unique ability to shut down threads.

DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by M&M-Mommy View Post
It should be any cruise, accept my TA just told me that it is not combinable with the on board booking credit. That stinks!
Old 10-16-2012, 08:07 PM   #22
su_A_ve
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by eva View Post
It should be any cruise, accept my TA just told me that it is not combinable with the on board booking credit. That stinks!
The $50 disney rewards obc IS the only combinable OBC out there. It combines with:

* TA OBC
* $25 online booking (back when they had it)
* IGT/OGT/VGT rates
* On board booking OBC and 10% discount
'13 (5n Wonder), '13 (POR Xmas), '13 (3n Magic Post Xmas), '14 (CSR SWW)

°(((=((===°°°(((===========================================
su_A_ve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 08:11 PM   #23
lanejudy

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
The $50 disney rewards obc IS the only combinable OBC out there. It combines with:

* TA OBC
* $25 online booking (back when they had it)
* IGT/OGT/VGT rates
* On board booking OBC and 10% discount
Actually, the current offer (not sure about past) indicates "Cannot be combined with any other offers or discounts...." I suppose some of those items listed above could be subjective and I'm not sure how Disney Visa would know about a TA OBC.

From the Disney Rewards website:
5. Must use your valid Disney's Visa Card to book a Disney Cruise LineŽ vacation for sailings through 9/28/2013 to receive a $50 onboard credit good towards merchandise, spa treatments, shore excursions and other onboard activities. Call 1-800-257-2024 or your travel agent to book a Disney Cruise LineŽ vacation and ask for booking code DCC. Offer must be requested at time of booking for new bookings only. The onboard credit is per stateroom for each stateroom paid in full with Disney's Visa Card. Offer is valid for up to two staterooms. Any unused portions are non-refundable and non-transferable. Cannot be combined with any other offers or discounts and is for personal use only. Offer subject to change or cancellation without notice. Ships' Registry: The Bahamas. Chase is not responsible or liable for fulfillment of this offer.
lanejudy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 08:16 PM   #24
su_A_ve
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lanejudy View Post
Actually, the current offer (not sure about past) indicates "Cannot be combined with any other offers or discounts...." I suppose some of those items listed above could be subjective and I'm not sure how Disney Visa would know about a TA OBC.

From the Disney Rewards website:
5. Must use your valid Disney's Visa Card to book a Disney Cruise LineŽ vacation for sailings through 9/28/2013 to receive a $50 onboard credit good towards merchandise, spa treatments, shore excursions and other onboard activities. Call 1-800-257-2024 or your travel agent to book a Disney Cruise LineŽ vacation and ask for booking code DCC. Offer must be requested at time of booking for new bookings only. The onboard credit is per stateroom for each stateroom paid in full with Disney's Visa Card. Offer is valid for up to two staterooms. Any unused portions are non-refundable and non-transferable. Cannot be combined with any other offers or discounts and is for personal use only. Offer subject to change or cancellation without notice. Ships' Registry: The Bahamas. Chase is not responsible or liable for fulfillment of this offer.
This is from this past summer...

* Originally booked in May with the $25 online which got transferred to my TA after. Had the $50 DVR OBC
* Moved to an OGT rate - lost the $25 online, but kept the $50 DVR OBC
* Booked on board and was told the $50 DVR would be added once payment was made in full.
'13 (5n Wonder), '13 (POR Xmas), '13 (3n Magic Post Xmas), '14 (CSR SWW)

°(((=((===°°°(((===========================================
su_A_ve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 08:24 PM   #25
ruadisneyfan2
DIS Veteran

Quote:

* Originally booked in May with the $25 online which got transferred to my TA after. Had the $50 DVR OBC
* Booked on board and was told the $50 DVR would be added once payment was made in full.
I have always been told by both DCL & our TA that the OBC code and DV-OBC codes can't be combined.
Old 10-16-2012, 08:27 PM   #26
ruadisneyfan2
DIS Veteran

Quote:

This was all on 1 reservation? Were you on the OGT sailing when rebooking a future cruise?
Old 10-16-2012, 08:41 PM   #27
eva
Often uses her unique ability to shut down threads.

DIS Veteran

All I know is that our DU agent said we can't receive the Disney Visa with an on board booking credit. She just emailed me that this week.
Old 10-16-2012, 09:03 PM   #28
I❤MICKEY
DIS Veteran

Quote:
One last thing - in order to get the $50 OBC, you MUST book everything (all deposits and payments) on your Disney Rewards Visa.

My .02...
I was told today that I won't get the $50 OBC because I am using the kids sail free promo. Little disappointed as that would provide for a lot of kid free nursery hours but the savings of kids sail free is much better.
I❤MICKEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 09:05 PM   #29
MDTerp
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by eva
All I know is that our DU agent said we can't receive the Disney Visa with an on board booking credit. She just emailed me that this week.
We received the same info, just this week, regarding our upcoming Thanksgiving cruise.

October 2007 - Western Caribbean - Disney Magic
September 2009 - DVC SSMC - Disney Wonder
September 2010 - DVC SSMC - Disney Wonder
July 2011 - 10-Day Mediterranean - Disney Magic
April 2012 - 5 Night Double Dip - Disney Dream
November 2012 - Bahamas - Disney Dream
March 2013 - Mexico/Castaway Cay - Disney Wonder
February 2014 - Bahamas - Disney Magic
October 2014 - 3-Day Repo Castaway Cay - Disney Magic
December 2014 - New Year's Eve - Bahamas - Disney Wonder

DVC Member Since 2007 - AKV, BLT and BWV
Trips to the World...2001, 2003, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014
Aulani - 2013
MDTerp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 09:08 PM   #30
ruadisneyfan2
DIS Veteran

Double checked with my TA, still a "no" for combining promo codes.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: