Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 10-12-2012, 11:55 AM   #3796
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PA Disneymania View Post
We stayed at CBR in Feb of 2008 and we said we would never go to that resort again. We have stayed at all the moderates and POP and All Star Movies. We had a problem and needed to speak to the manager who kept us waiting for 45 minutes. When he finally came out of his office he was rude and condescending.
We were in Martinique in a preferred room. We are almost always at the park for rope drop. One morning the bus was full when it came by our stop, and another bus did not come for 35 minutes. By then there were more people pushing to get on and the bus was already half full. There were no CMs trying to keep order or calling for another bus. (Even the All Stars had this.)
We also tend to stay at a park until closing so naturally the buses are crowded. At MK we were about 3 buses back in line, but no CBR buses came by for a long while. We all watched CSR, All Stars, etc. pick up passengers, but no CBR. It was at least an hour before we were on the bus, heading to our hotel. Some of the other hotel bus stops were empty.
We had no complaints about the room; the grounds are beautiful. The food at the food court was more than satisfactory.
That all being said, we are staying there again this summer because our traveling companions want to stay there. I hope that things will be better with the buses.
I hope that things go better for you this go-round. We have stayed at the CBR many times (even during busy times of the year) and never had any issues with the buses or rude castmembers. I'll keep my fingers crossed that things go well for you.

2014 trip report: Disney dangled the visual weinee and Mickeystoontown gobbled it up! Our two week adventure!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....6#post51642226

Old 10-12-2012, 12:44 PM   #3797
mari360
MiSka MoUSka MiCKeY MoUsE !!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PA Disneymania
We stayed at CBR in Feb of 2008 and we said we would never go to that resort again. We have stayed at all the moderates and POP and All Star Movies. We had a problem and needed to speak to the manager who kept us waiting for 45 minutes. When he finally came out of his office he was rude and condescending.
We were in Martinique in a preferred room. We are almost always at the park for rope drop. One morning the bus was full when it came by our stop, and another bus did not come for 35 minutes. By then there were more people pushing to get on and the bus was already half full. There were no CMs trying to keep order or calling for another bus. (Even the All Stars had this.)
We also tend to stay at a park until closing so naturally the buses are crowded. At MK we were about 3 buses back in line, but no CBR buses came by for a long while. We all watched CSR, All Stars, etc. pick up passengers, but no CBR. It was at least an hour before we were on the bus, heading to our hotel. Some of the other hotel bus stops were empty.
We had no complaints about the room; the grounds are beautiful. The food at the food court was more than satisfactory.
That all being said, we are staying there again this summer because our traveling companions want to stay there. I hope that things will be better with the buses.
I'm sorry you had such a horrible experience with CBR buses. And I'm ashamed at management for being more proactive to your concerns. Hopefully second times a charm!

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-13-2012, 08:04 AM   #3798
Koda
Mouseketeer

I am excited to stay at CBR 1/10-1/13/13!

I had booked the disney visa package deal for Pop, but all they had available were preferred pool view rooms. It was only $60 more per night to upgrade to CBR and get the regular dining plan instead of quick service. I am running the 1/2 marathon on Saturday, and DD (17 yrs) and I are both running the 5k on Friday, so we will definitely enjoy the table service meals!

Can't wait to check out CBR! We have never stayed there, and the pictures online look so pretty.
Old 10-15-2012, 05:31 AM   #3799
Dan183
"we've got our heading!"

Hi, last March we stayed at CBR and had a room in Martinique and when I walked down to the beach area for our building you could see some of the illuminations fireworks. If you would be closer to the main pool/central hub area you should be able to see it really well.
Old 10-15-2012, 11:52 AM   #3800
snowcupid
Mouseketeer

Just got back from our trip. I think next time we will stay somewhere else. We were so far away from the food court and bus stop this time. Also one of the CMs in the gift shop was watching everyone like a hawk. I don't shoplift and neither does anyone in my family - but she made you feel guilty just being in the shop. She literally would come out from behind the counter, and stand next to you and watch you. It was really strange.
Old 10-15-2012, 08:52 PM   #3801
Koda
Mouseketeer

Snowcupid, what building were you in?
Old 10-16-2012, 01:26 PM   #3802
snowcupid
Mouseketeer

We were in Barbados building 16. I had requested Jamacia because we wanted to go across the bridge each day - but it was just a request since we had the standard room.

Last time we stayed in the pirate rooms and were in one of the Trinidad's and the walk to the food court was a little long, but we were right next to the bus stop.
Old 10-16-2012, 04:46 PM   #3803
bigbabyblues
DIS Veteran

Thanks to those who keep this thread going and update the info! I'm so excited, we're staying at CBR again in June! We've stayed there twice before, but not since 2005. We're hoping for more time to swim and enjoy the resort this time.

Am I right that all of the rooms in Trinidad South are now pirate rooms? Do the coffee pots use regular coffee and filters? Is the marshmallow roast for anyone, and is it on,y on certain beach areas?

Thanks!
Steph
Old 10-16-2012, 04:54 PM   #3804
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowcupid View Post
We were in Barbados building 16. I had requested Jamacia because we wanted to go across the bridge each day - but it was just a request since we had the standard room.

Last time we stayed in the pirate rooms and were in one of the Trinidad's and the walk to the food court was a little long, but we were right next to the bus stop.
For our pre-cruise stay, we were in Barbados 11 and I will admit that the walk did seem a little long when compared to from other places in the resort. But, when I timed it, it was only about 7 minutes at a very slow pace because we were behind someone with a double stroller. When we stayed in Aruba, the Jamaica bus stop was actually closer than the Aruba bus stop.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbabyblues View Post
Thanks to those who keep this thread going and update the info! I'm so excited, we're staying at CBR again in June! We've stayed there twice before, but not since 2005. We're hoping for more time to swim and enjoy the resort this time.

Am I right that all of the rooms in Trinidad South are now pirate rooms? Do the coffee pots use regular coffee and filters? Is the marshmallow roast for anyone, and is it on,y on certain beach areas?

Thanks!
Steph
Yay for booking another stay at the CBR! There have been some changes since your last stay. The main pool has been redone completely and now has a slight pirate them, has two slides and is zero entry.

All of Trinidad South are pirate rooms. The rest have a slight Nemo theme.

The coffee pots were just changed out and they are the single cup pots.

If I am remembering correctly, when we were there in May, the marshmallow roasts took place on the beach between Trinidad North and Old Port Royale.

2014 trip report: Disney dangled the visual weinee and Mickeystoontown gobbled it up! Our two week adventure!

Old 10-16-2012, 05:07 PM   #3805
dansdad
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Yay for going back to CBR!

Quote:
Am I right that all of the rooms in Trinidad South are now pirate rooms?
Yup.

Quote:
Do the coffee pots use regular coffee and filters?
Not sure. Hopefully Mickeystoontown will be by shortly.

Quote:
Is the marshmallow roast for anyone, and is it on,y on certain beach areas?
Yup. It is on the beach between OPR and Trinidad North.
Old 10-16-2012, 07:53 PM   #3806
ilovevacation
Mouseketeer

So excited...checking in Friday!
Old 10-16-2012, 08:38 PM   #3807
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovevacation View Post
So excited...checking in Friday!
I hope that you have a great trip! Take lots of pictures so you can show them to the rest of us who still have months and months until we are back.

Old 10-16-2012, 10:44 PM   #3808
Zooshoveller
WAR EAGLE

Can I get some more details on the marshmallow roasts and poolside movies? We will be there in 23 days!

Food & Wine & No Kids ~ A 2nd Honeymoon

Old 10-17-2012, 12:23 AM   #3809
LoKay
Earning My Ears

This is our 3rd trip to WDW but our first staying on property and we are super excited! But, I have a couple of questions/concerns. One: we are not arriving until after 11:30pm on a Saturday night-how often does the ME run that late at night? Two: we have booked a king room-since there are limited number of king rooms do they ever overbook them so that you get bumped down to a regular room? Thanks for any help you all can give!
Old 10-17-2012, 08:58 AM   #3810
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zooshoveller View Post
Can I get some more details on the marshmallow roasts and poolside movies? We will be there in 23 days!
We didn't go to the marshmallow roasts but I know that they were held *nightly on the beach between Trinidad North and Old Port Royale. From what I've read, they provide the roasting sticks and marshmallows for the guests.

The movies are held *nightly as well and are in the courtyard at Old Port Royale. The big projector screen is set up there and there's plenty of seating. I'm not quite sure of the times and I believe that they vary according to season. I know that we were watching Wall-E and, about half way into the movie, we could see the Epcot fireworks which took place at 9 p.m.

*Weather permitting

When you check-in, ask the castmember if they have a times guide or can give you more information the marshmallow roast and movies.

Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: