Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Global Neighbours > UK Trip Reports Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-16-2012, 04:25 PM   #1
kittykitty87
DIS Veteran

'This-was-supposed-to-be-a-holiday-to-Mexico' TRIP REPORT! 24/09/12

It's our first day!!!

We are heading to Epcot as our first Disney Park and we were buzzing!!! The alarm went off bright and early, 07:05 and I was ready to go before you could say 'World Showcase'! We decided as it was our first day and we didn't really know what was close to us yet, we would just stay in the hotel for breakfast. The breakfast was buffet style and had quite a large selection. I think I had scrambled egg, little sausages, bacon and a breakfast wrap that had cheese inside and I think Karl had something similar. At this point I just wanted to get going so I rushed my breakfast and then felt sick, whoops!

We left the hotel at 08:50 and the plan was to just take our time, get our bearings and get there in no rush. Well we got our wish!!! So, as I mentioned before, we had the TomTom on Karls phone which really helped us get to the hotel from the airport. We had it programmed for Epcot so we knew we would be fine. We started our journey, went up IDrive for a few minutes and then we were told to 'turn left' which we did. I then saw a sign for Disney above us but wait...Karl wasnt in that lane...uh oh...TomTom where are you taking us...? We followed it for a while thinking we would get back on the right road but...no, we ended up in DOWNTOWN ORLANDO!!!! Whoops!!

Anyway, once the TomTom bought us back in the right direction I finally saw this...

Photobucket

OH MY GOODNESS!!!!!
I actually screamed in the car and felt myself starting to get a little emotional (there is more of that to come later!) I couldn't believe after 12 months of planning and talking to all you Dis'ers we were FINALLY here!!

We parked the car in an empty car park (it was 10am) and made our way to get our 14 day unlimited park passess!! eeeeeek!

(Sorry some 'Spaceship Earth' love coming up!)

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

We had to go and collect our passes from the ticket boxes. The cast member was very pleasant and loved that we were from England. He asked us if we liked watching Dr Who and was really impressed when we told him it is filmed near where we live!

We had our tickets, we were ready, yaaaaay, and out first ride of the holiday was...
Photobucket

I LOVE this ride and Karl really enjoyed it too especially the 'Your future' video at the end where you pick what your life will be like! It was great! Next we went to
Photobucket

Now, I had read on here that people didn't like this ride...!!! Why?? We again thought it was coooool (if a little dated!) I have to admit, when we were in the dinosaur bit, I did sit there with my hands over my ears as I didn't know just how loud it was going to be. I must have looked like a loon!!

I spotted the Club Cool building and if I hadnt been a Dis'er, I would not have know the delights this place held. There was one reason and one reason only I wanted to go in there...THE BEVERLEY!

Photobucket
Photobucket

We tried all of the others first, we both liked the one from Mexico that had the hint of apple and then it was time. Unfortunately, Karl wouldn't try as I had made the mistake of telling him about it! Booooo! Below however is my reaction...

There she is...
Photobucket

I am getting the drink...
Photobucket

Thinking about it...
Photobucket

YUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUKK!!!!!
Photobucket

As you can tell from my face, I did NOT like that!!!!!

So after my meeting with Beverly, it was time for more rides. We went on Mission Space next. I get a little motion sick in simulator rides so I was worried out this. Karl wanted to go on the orange side but I wasn't so sure so Karl was an angel and came with me on the green side, awwww! We enjoyed it but I know Karl really wanted to go orange. I didn't feel sick but I didn't want to risk it so we didn't go on the orange side at all.

Photobucket
Photobucket

Next stop was lunch. I didnt really know what to expect and wasnt really in the mood for a burger or fries. We went to Electric Umbrella and both had the grilled chicken Caesar salad which was lovely.

Photobucket
Yum Yum!

Continued...

Last edited by kittykitty87; 10-20-2012 at 09:34 AM.
kittykitty87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 04:26 PM   #2
kieras nana
DIS Veteran

really enjoying this trip report & looking forward to reading more.hope we don't have to wait too long
tracy x
kieras nana is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-17-2012, 04:57 PM   #3
kittykitty87
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kieras nana
really enjoying this trip report & looking forward to reading more.hope we don't have to wait too long
tracy x
Aww thank you! I will carry on with it this weekend Thank you for reading so far!
Old 10-18-2012, 06:00 PM   #4
princess_ariel_85
DIS Veteran

Yay for Spaceship Earth love

Love the Beverly face! x
Old 10-19-2012, 02:43 AM   #5
queendisney
DIS Veteran

enjoying your trippy.

I also love the Universe of Energy. Yes it is dated, it hasn't changed since we first saw it in 1994, but that doesn't make it a bad thing..

The only drink I like in the Ice Cool place is the lemon one, the rest are very individual shall we say

Looking forward to the next installment.

Walt Disney World resort 18 times, off resort 2 times. Disneyland Paris approx. 20 times. Disneyland California.
queendisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 06:15 AM   #6
kittykitty87
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by princess_ariel_85 View Post
Yay for Spaceship Earth love

Love the Beverly face! x
I love Spaceship Earth, hence my photofest
The Beverly was YUUUUUUUK! Oh my word as I am sure you can tell from my face!
Old 10-19-2012, 06:16 AM   #7
kittykitty87
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by queendisney View Post
enjoying your trippy.

I also love the Universe of Energy. Yes it is dated, it hasn't changed since we first saw it in 1994, but that doesn't make it a bad thing..

The only drink I like in the Ice Cool place is the lemon one, the rest are very individual shall we say

Looking forward to the next installment.
Thank you for reading

I will writing again possibly tonight or tomorrow.

I had never been on UOE before but I really enjoyed it

I think I had the lemon one but I dont remember to be honest
Old 10-24-2012, 03:09 PM   #8
cazzie
DIS Veteran

Love Spaceship Earth, really enjoying seeing your photos.
April 2005 - Rodeway Inn International - September 2005 - Radisson Barcelo International Drive - May 2006 - Pop Century - September 2006 - All Star Music - January 2007 - All Star Movies September 2007 - All Star Movies - January 2008 - All Star Sports - December 2008 - All Star Movies - September 2009 - POFQ - September 2010 - OKW - January 2011 - OKW - November 2011 - OKW, GF & AKL - May 2012 - Kidani, OKW - January 2013 - OKW & Kidani

cazzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 03:37 PM   #9
irongirlof12
Am I the only one who loves Quorn Sausages?
I would love to be at Ghiradelli's ice cream parlour with a massive choc sundae

Ah Epcot you can't go wrong really for day 1

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: