Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland (California)
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 10-16-2012, 08:40 AM   #3091
stargazertechie
Toy Story Midway Maniac

I'm getting really excited. I just found out I'll be going to Disneyland for the first time ever the week between Christmas and New Years, and these pictures are really getting me pumped up.

Upcoming trip- WDW Trip #14. BCV. 6/13.

Thinking about buying pins from ebay and getting into pin trading? PLEASE READ THIS FIRST!
Old 10-16-2012, 08:51 AM   #3092
jkh1978
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mellers View Post
Do you have a link to the post with the rumored restaurants?
I think I read it earlier in the thread or another thread here; sorry I don't have time to look. It was someone having a discussion with dining representative, who did not know but thought some restaurants would be listed. I remember the list not including BB but CCT and FM.
Register to remove

Old 10-16-2012, 08:52 AM   #3093
jkh1978
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerlilyAJ View Post
I purchased my Holiday Tour tickets a couple of days ago and was told that the price is $68. I received a Disney Visa discount of 20%, making the tickets $54.40. I believe AP holders get the same discount.
I'm excited to hear that DCA is being included because I hope the holiday version of Carsland will be up for us at the very start of the season.
What times are the tours?
Old 10-16-2012, 09:10 AM   #3094
Halloweenqueen
Whenever Candle Lights Flicker...

Al Lutz says the reindeer round-up is canceled and this is the last year before they start Christmas parties, WDW style. Plus he said they are going to start a peak ticket prices, like the increased meal prices during the holidays. Oh, and he said they are going to enforce FP times starting around Thanksgiving!
Old 10-16-2012, 09:20 AM   #3095
tlovesdis
Disneyland Obsessed!!!
My room has a Mickey theme!

30 more days for me!!! I can't wait

Heading back to my second home for two days of fun - March 9-10, 2014!!
Old 10-16-2012, 11:25 AM   #3096
Mommy2PrincessAbby
DIS Veteran

As if my whole touring plan wasn't already in shambles with DCA opening so darned early my whole trip, now it looks like I have to try and use my FPs at the appointed time (thanks Al Lutz for reporting)... doesn't sound like it will be a totally enforced by the trip, but I know DH, and if we are "reminded" once, he will want to make sure we are there on time for the rest. This trip is shaping up to be very interesting.

Walt's Park:Two trips as a kid, stayed off-site. Oct '07, 4 days @ DLH, dh, dd & I. May '08, 5 days "girls only trip" @ GCH dm, dd & I. May '09, 6 days @ DLH, dh, dd & I. October '10, 5 day trip, dd and I @ PPH. And 6 days at PPH--December 5-10, 2012 for all 3 of us!

OMG--dare I say it? We are going to attempt to go to the World!! Split Stay! CSR May 6-10 and AKL Savannah View May 10-13, 2014 (with a dash of the Darkside thrown in for good measure the 13th & 14th.)
Old 10-16-2012, 12:00 PM   #3097
ChrisSD
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mommy2PrincessAbby View Post
now it looks like I have to try and use my FPs at the appointed time (thanks Al Lutz for reporting)... .
Where are you seeing this"?
Old 10-16-2012, 12:57 PM   #3098
Mommy2PrincessAbby
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisSD View Post
Where are you seeing this"?
The new Mice Age... there is another thread with the link... now Al Lutz doesn't work for Disney, so his stuff is based on rumor... but he is more often right than wrong. He states that they will start educating people about the return time at Thanksgiving and by Christmas will be enforcing the return time...

Walt's Park:Two trips as a kid, stayed off-site. Oct '07, 4 days @ DLH, dh, dd & I. May '08, 5 days "girls only trip" @ GCH dm, dd & I. May '09, 6 days @ DLH, dh, dd & I. October '10, 5 day trip, dd and I @ PPH. And 6 days at PPH--December 5-10, 2012 for all 3 of us!

OMG--dare I say it? We are going to attempt to go to the World!! Split Stay! CSR May 6-10 and AKL Savannah View May 10-13, 2014 (with a dash of the Darkside thrown in for good measure the 13th & 14th.)
Old 10-16-2012, 01:53 PM   #3099
kaci
Mouseketeer

Quote:
As if my whole touring plan wasn't already in shambles with DCA opening so darned early my whole trip, now it looks like I have to try and use my FPs at the appointed time (thanks Al Lutz for reporting)... doesn't sound like it will be a totally enforced by the trip, but I know DH, and if we are "reminded" once, he will want to make sure we are there on time for the rest. This trip is shaping up to be very interesting.
This is our first trip and I'm getting pretty bummed out about all the changes that are being speculated about It feels like we picked the worst possible time to discover Disneyland (huge ticket increases, record setting crowds, no more reindeer roundup, the CP mess, possibility of FP return times being enforced, etc...) I'm sure we'll still have a great time, but I wonder if we'll be inclined to make this a regular vacation
Old 10-16-2012, 02:09 PM   #3100
Sherry E
Willing victim of the Disney Snowball Effect...
Okay so after a coffee and lunch break I am back!

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaci View Post
This is our first trip and I'm getting pretty bummed out about all the changes that are being speculated about It feels like we picked the worst possible time to discover Disneyland (huge ticket increases, record setting crowds, no more reindeer roundup, the CP mess, possibility of FP return times being enforced, etc...) I'm sure we'll still have a great time, but I wonder if we'll be inclined to make this a regular vacation
kaci -

You'll still have a great time. The holiday season at DLR is going to be amazing no matter what happens, but it does seem like there is a lot of stuff happening at once.

I think that DLR is getting a little too big for its britches in thinking that because Cars Land and Buena Vista Street were added in, suddenly it's a resort on par with WDW, and that Disney now has to do all of these major things to 'act' like WDW. I think they are trying to do too much all at once.

Disney is very smart - they will tell us about all the things that are new (such as the Cars Land decorations this year), but not tell us about the things that are being taken away. So this way we think we are getting an even bigger and better holiday season, when it's actually being scaled down.

I had a feeling that with the addition of Cars Land and Buena Vista Street decorations, and now the ice rink in Downtown Disney, other things would be taken away. I just wasn't sure what would be taken away. Now we know with almost 100% certainty that the reindeer will be gone this year. But that won't be enough. Something else will have to be removed, too - but Disney will assume that no one will notice.

Frankly - and this is relevant because we are in the middle of Toontown Theme Week in this thread - I have a sneaking suspicion that the 3 Christmas trees that were removed from Toontown and replaced with ugly 'cartoonish' trees in 2011 were cleaned up, freshened up and 'redistributed' somewhere else in DLR...it's possible those old Toontown Christmas trees will now be part of Cars Land or Buena Vista Street (since all the shops and restaurants will be decorated, too), if they weren't already used in other locations last year.

Pumpkins, Peppermint, Pastels and...Club 33!!! - (A new chapter begins... Many photos and wacky tales, coming soon to a Trip Report thread near you!)
And for some non-holiday seaside fun in the sun ~~ 2012 Catalina Island/Avalon Trip Report - My Solo Day Trip, in Photos (LOTS of Photos!)- 7/21/12
Old 10-16-2012, 02:25 PM   #3101
MommyLove
The sleep-deprivation is causing low mental bandwidth
Did someone say TURKEY LEG? yum!

Quote:
The new Mice Age... there is another thread with the link... now Al Lutz doesn't work for Disney, so his stuff is based on rumor... but he is more often right than wrong. He states that they will start educating people about the return time at Thanksgiving and by Christmas will be enforcing the return time...
April '13 (BWPPI), May '13 (BWPPI), July '13 (Stanford I&S), Oct. '13 (BWPPI), Dec. 29, 2013 - Jan. 4, 2014 (BWPPI).
UPCOMING: April 12-19, 2014 (HoJo Kids Suite).
Old 10-16-2012, 02:42 PM   #3102
kaci
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherry E View Post
kaci -

You'll still have a great time. The holiday season at DLR is going to be amazing no matter what happens, but it does seem like there is a lot of stuff happening at once.
Thank you, Sherry, I know we will! And I'm sorry to bring your Christmas Superthread down... I thought I was on the 'Who's going in December' thread for some reason....

I just love seeing all these pictures, it's really helping me get into the Christmas Spirit and excited for our trip!
Old 10-16-2012, 02:52 PM   #3103
Sherry E
Willing victim of the Disney Snowball Effect...
Okay so after a coffee and lunch break I am back!

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaci View Post
Thank you, Sherry, I know we will! And I'm sorry to bring your Christmas Superthread down... I thought I was on the 'Who's going in December' thread for some reason....

I just love seeing all these pictures, it's really helping me get into the Christmas Spirit and excited for our trip!
kaci -

You're not bringing the thread down at all! This is a year-round thread where we discuss any and all news about the holiday season - and that includes good or bad news! We are all free to vent about the changes that are happening and how they affect our plans. So you're always welcome to join in and sound off!

It sounds as if there is going to be a lot to discuss between now and the end of next year!

I'm glad you've been enjoying the photos! We will have a new Theme Week Countdown on Monday. In the meantime, hopefully we will get more Toontown photos here over the course of the week.

Pumpkins, Peppermint, Pastels and...Club 33!!! - (A new chapter begins... Many photos and wacky tales, coming soon to a Trip Report thread near you!)
And for some non-holiday seaside fun in the sun ~~ 2012 Catalina Island/Avalon Trip Report - My Solo Day Trip, in Photos (LOTS of Photos!)- 7/21/12
Old 10-16-2012, 03:16 PM   #3104
pattyduke34
Mouseketeer

Hi All! Here are a few pictures that I took last year, I am soo looking forward to going back this year!!!

Hope everyone enjoys!!!
Old 10-16-2012, 06:39 PM   #3105
TigerlilyAJ
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkh1978 View Post
What times are the tours?
On Monday, Nov 12, they are at noon and 3:15pm. I don't know if they would offer more per day, say, on a weekend day or in the holiday crunch time.
HTH!
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: