Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-13-2012, 11:25 AM   #1156
keahgirl8
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesmurfs
Well, even after my meeting from Friday through Tuesday in San Diego AND the 42-point pizza debacle, I lost 4.6 pounds. Go figure. I made sure to drink LOADS of water yesterday.

Total 37.2 lbs. down!
Wow! That is amazing!

I had a delicious breakfast burrito this morning for only 6 points! Low carb wheat tortilla, non-fat Greek yogurt, egg whites, veggies, and a little bit of cheese...YUM.

Old 10-13-2012, 02:34 PM   #1157
pwdebbie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesmurfs View Post
Well, even after my meeting from Friday through Tuesday in San Diego AND the 42-point pizza debacle, I lost 4.6 pounds. Go figure. I made sure to drink LOADS of water yesterday.

Total 37.2 lbs. down!
Wow! That's great! I bet you were tickled pink when you saw that loss.
pwdebbie is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-13-2012, 05:49 PM   #1158
Daisybelle
You don't have to go fast, you just have to go

Quote:

Total 37.2 lbs. down!
That's awesome! And that must have been some pizza!

I'm down another 4 pounds for a total of 6.6 since I started 2 weeks ago. So happy!

My biggest dilema currently is figuring out what to do for exercise now that the rains have descended here in the Pacific Northwest. I'm thinking I need a good exercise tape to do on the very rainy days. Anyone have one they would recommend?
Daisybelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 07:15 PM   #1159
keahgirl8
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daisybelle

That's awesome! And that must have been some pizza!

I'm down another 4 pounds for a total of 6.6 since I started 2 weeks ago. So happy!

My biggest dilema currently is figuring out what to do for exercise now that the rains have descended here in the Pacific Northwest. I'm thinking I need a good exercise tape to do on the very rainy days. Anyone have one they would recommend?
I would recommend Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred and Yoga Meltdown. I have also done a couple of Bob Harper videos that are good.
Old 10-14-2012, 05:53 PM   #1160
Mermaid02
BL II - Blue Team
Cocoa Krispies all the way!
My son's hermit crab is a zombie....
I'm leaving this snake lover infested thread

Made Cheeseburger soup tonight! Really good... I used FF broth and evaporated milk. I also chopped up tomato and put that on top after it was served. Next time I think I'll make it Mexican and use Mexican cheese and maybe some canned tomatoes with green chilis!

~Be your own inspiration~
Mermaid02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 09:00 PM   #1161
CdnBuzzFan
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by keahgirl8 View Post
Wow! That is amazing!

I had a delicious breakfast burrito this morning for only 6 points! Low carb wheat tortilla, non-fat Greek yogurt, egg whites, veggies, and a little bit of cheese...YUM.
Oh, that looks really good!

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3005107 ]2012 Trip Plus QS Dining
CdnBuzzFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 12:02 PM   #1162
christinascreative
Mouseketeer

Just an update after WI on Sat. I'm now down 34.8 (oh WHY couldn't I have just lost that .2 this week ) . NSV: I'm a size 12 pants and dress & a size L for shirts/coat. I started at a 16/18for pants & dresses and XXL for shirt/coat.
What's funny is that being a 12, I just realized I can now officially shop in "regular" stores. Sometimes at 14 you can waver between Misses & Women's / Plus.. but not at a 12. I almost cried in the fitting rooms last night at TJ Maxx and Target...and for once it was going to be a GOOD cry. When I'm at goal I think I might be an 8. I have not been a single digit in 10 years and it was only 1 dress that was a single digit. I have to remember to be as grateful as I am right now whenever that happens.

This is something I want to pass on to everyone here to do for themselves. Every NSV or SV, shouldn't be taken lightly. FEEL GOOD ABOUT WHAT YOU ARE DOING. FEEL PROUD OF YOURSELF. BE GRATEFUL AND HAPPY YOU STARTED, and RESTARTED and even if this is your 10th or 100th time-- be proud you are headed in the right direction!

Now: Take a minute to breathe and let it sink in - just how far you have come. Share it here. Do NOT be ashamed to be proud of yourself for doing something great just for you. It's so easy to be proud of someone else. Take a minute to feel that feeling for you today.

Whether you are up .5 or whatever, remember that feeling. Remember how far you have come and STILL BE PROUD.

Some of you may not have an issue with doing this but I was raised not to be proud of myself- weird, right? It was bragging, being too full of oneself--always something negative. I'm not saying I'm screaming "I'm AWESOME!" from the rooftops every morning... but I think I deserve to be proud every once in awhile and I know all of you here do too. So if you were raised like I was-- I am giving you permission to be proud of yourself. My WW leader & my husband have given me permission to be as well so I figured I'd pass it on.
Thanks for listening to my little rant. I am so grateful I have you all here to write to

[/img]
christinascreative is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 12:21 PM   #1163
lovesmurfs
I need to start thinking of pithy things to say
It costs him money every time I watch!

Quote:
Originally Posted by christinascreative View Post
This is something I want to pass on to everyone here to do for themselves. Every NSV or SV, shouldn't be taken lightly. FEEL GOOD ABOUT WHAT YOU ARE DOING. FEEL PROUD OF YOURSELF. BE GRATEFUL AND HAPPY YOU STARTED, and RESTARTED and even if this is your 10th or 100th time-- be proud you are headed in the right direction!

Now: Take a minute to breathe and let it sink in - just how far you have come. Share it here. Do NOT be ashamed to be proud of yourself for doing something great just for you. It's so easy to be proud of someone else. Take a minute to feel that feeling for you today.
Congratulations -- you'll hit the 35 mark next week!

I liked what you've said -- I put my weight loss in perspective for my husband -- I've lost 37.2 lbs, which was nearly the same as my suitcase that I packed for my trip last week (he brought it downstairs and put it in the cab for me). His eyes got really wide!

"Clothes make the man. Naked people have little or no influence on society." Mark Twain

"Some people are like Slinkies. They serve no useful purpose, but they sure are fun to push down the stairs."
lovesmurfs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 12:48 PM   #1164
Sandi
A proud Spartans fan!

Quote:
Just an update after WI on Sat. I'm now down 34.8 (oh WHY couldn't I have just lost that .2 this week ) . NSV: I'm a size 12 pants and dress & a size L for shirts/coat. I started at a 16/18for pants & dresses and XXL for shirt/coat.
What's funny is that being a 12, I just realized I can now officially shop in "regular" stores. Sometimes at 14 you can waver between Misses & Women's / Plus.. but not at a 12. I almost cried in the fitting rooms last night at TJ Maxx and Target...and for once it was going to be a GOOD cry. When I'm at goal I think I might be an 8. I have not been a single digit in 10 years and it was only 1 dress that was a single digit. I have to remember to be as grateful as I am right now whenever that happens.

Whether you are up .5 or whatever, remember that feeling. Remember how far you have come and STILL BE PROUD.

Some of you may not have an issue with doing this but I was raised not to be proud of myself- weird, right? It was bragging, being too full of oneself--always something negative. I'm not saying I'm screaming "I'm AWESOME!" from the rooftops every morning... but I think I deserve to be proud every once in awhile and I know all of you here do too. So if you were raised like I was-- I am giving you permission to be proud of yourself. My WW leader & my husband have given me permission to be as well so I figured I'd pass it on.
Thanks for listening to my little rant. I am so grateful I have you all here to write to
Hear, hear! Not a rant at all! Words to live by and to be inspired by. Thanks Christina

Sandi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 01:13 PM   #1165
christinascreative
Mouseketeer

Quote:

I liked what you've said -- I put my weight loss in perspective for my husband -- I've lost 37.2 lbs, which was nearly the same as my suitcase that I packed for my trip last week (he brought it downstairs and put it in the cab for me). His eyes got really wide!
That's amazing! I never thought of it that way before. To think how heavy those suitcases feel lugging them in and out of the car too! You have to feel so much lighter just thinking about it! Awesome job! Congrats!!

[/img]
christinascreative is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 01:25 PM   #1166
Ariel484
DIS Veteran

Very much a lurker but wanted to comment...

Quote:

Wonderful post...love love LOVE the bolded part. Thanks for this!

Quote:

LOL That is a GREAT way to think of it!

Like I said, I always lurk on this thread...you all are so inspiring and are doing a wonderful job. Keep it up!
Ariel484 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 02:47 PM   #1167
alizesmom
Pumba is my hero but I love Donald

WI today. Same as last week. Could have been a lot worse.
Old 10-15-2012, 08:59 PM   #1168
Sandi
A proud Spartans fan!

DH helped me hide DD's birthday cake. The big day is tomorrow, but we had cake yesterday. There is lots left and it was sitting on the counter taunting me. DH helped me find room in the cupboard and it is no longer taunting me! Well it is still calling my name, but it is muffled nicely. WI is still a couple of days away. I appreciate DH supporting me!

Sandi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 12:00 AM   #1169
bumbershoot
DIS Veteran

Christina, I agree! I wasn't raised to not talk myself up, but of course there are times and places for it. And THIS is a place for it, along with at weighin and on the WW boards. And if someone asks about your loss or compliments you. Those are the times to really own it. Oh, and when you're at home and you catch a glimpse of your back, or the side of your thigh, or that you don't shriek when you accidentally look in the mirror...heck, that you *purposely* look in the mirror... Those are the times to be really proud!

That said...I cannot believe how my thighs are changing with my jogging! I tried to not notice the changes while they were getting bigger, but I really can't help but notice them as they get smaller.

Quote:
.... I've lost 37.2 lbs, which was nearly the same as my suitcase that I packed for my trip last week (he brought it downstairs and put it in the cab for me). His eyes got really wide!
That is a GREAT way to think of it, and pretty shocking! To think that we were carrying that weight around on our bodies...wow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandi View Post
DH helped me hide DD's birthday cake. The big day is tomorrow, but we had cake yesterday. There is lots left and it was sitting on the counter taunting me. DH helped me find room in the cupboard and it is no longer taunting me! Well it is still calling my name, but it is muffled nicely. WI is still a couple of days away. I appreciate DH supporting me!

I had to go with cupcakes for my b'day last week. I was tempted at the last minute by the devil's food cake, and worse, the tall devil's food cake, but got the cupcakes instead (devil's food). For anyone in Seattle, this was at the PCC co-op, where they have the BEST devil's food cupcakes and chocolate buttercream frosting *anywhere*. We made the special trip up to Seattle just for the treats! So good. And without large amounts of cake sitting around after.

DLR '05-'09 found within this link
DLR 7,9,12 2012 Universal Feb '12 DLR Dec '11 and Feb '12

Made weight goal 1yr8m8days after starting...currently working to maintain 85 lb loss thanks to Weight Watchers!
bumbershoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 08:09 AM   #1170
keahgirl8
DIS Veteran

I'm down 1 pound this week, 79.8 overall! Almost to 80!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: