Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-12-2012, 01:53 AM   #646
OneTreeHillAddict
CNC Photography of Myrtle Beach, SC

I felt like I just took a virtual tour of Disneyland. Now I want to visit for real. Soon, very soon.

Your little boy is so handsome. I love his hair!

I have a question for you. Which Disney do you prefer? DL or WDW?
OneTreeHillAddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 12:02 AM   #647
tehSAC
Mouseketeer

Wow great report! Trying to catch up.

A few years ago a couple buddies and I visited LA, and we too tried to get as close as possible to the sign too. Most likely we traveled the same roads you did. Views up there were amazing.

Your photos look similar to mine. . Look forward to catching up on the rest of your report!

Register to remove

Old 10-15-2012, 08:12 PM   #648
Caretames1
Mom & Crazed Planner

What a great tour of Hollywood! We have decided to that in the next 5 years we will attempt DL and Cali. I say attempt because WDW is so alluring and a cruise is something I'm really interested in. We'll see.

How long did it take for you to drive from DL to Hollywood and the Theater area?
Wake Up! SURPRISE, We're going to Disney World....TODAY Sept 2011 TRhttp://www.disboards.com/showthread....9#post42811539
"Momma, I got to dance with Flynn Ryder!" Our January 2011 TR.http://www.disboards.com/showthread....1#post39775931
First Ever Trip to Disney World 1/23/2009 (POR) 6 days
Back to Disney World 1/21/2011 (POR) 10 days

Shhh! Suprise MNSSHP Trip 9/21/2011 (POP) 5 days
Surprise...AGAIN! 11/1/12 (AoA) 11 days
ME: Carey DH: John DD: Kadence (10) DD: Samantha (20)
Caretames1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 10:27 PM   #649
jedijill
Chiefs fan living in Bronco country
It was a popular place after partying on Saturday nights

Yay! You are back and I am caught up. Henry keeps getting cuter.

Jill in CO
Old 10-16-2012, 02:25 PM   #650
elphie101
Left my heart in Tomorrowland

Glad to see you're back! I think the transition from summer to school season throws everyone into a loop hahaha.

Your TR has been a life saver for me so far, as an East Coaster planning my first trip to DLR (well, the first trip my parents didn't plan ), especially your latest installment going outside the Disney bubble. Definitely want to look into renting a car at DLR for the day, and on getting to the park to see the Hollywood sign!

Can't wait for more!

DH Me
WDW: '91, '92, '94, '01, '06 (offsite)* 7/11 Pop* 8/11 AS Music* 9/11 AS Sports* 12/11 CBR* 6/12 Pop* (TR Here!) 11/12 AS Movies* 1/13 Pop* 9/13 Pop* 5/14 Pop* 10/14 BCV*
DL: '03 (day)* 4/13 Fairfield Inn Anaheim* (TR Here!) DCL: 10/14 Fantasy Eastern Caribbean*

Star Command, over and out!*Hellllllooooooo Humans!*It's a great big BEAUTIFUL tomorrow!

Current TR: Our Disney Wedding & Honeymoon TR***Dining Review***Our Disney Wedding Planning Journal
elphie101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 05:00 PM   #651
Tiggerrn2
DIS Veteran

Sorry I missed the send off! Hope you are having a great time at OKW!
August 1981 offsite-Kissimmee WDW-Magic Kingdom August 1984 offsite-Celebration WDW-MK and Epcot, Sea World, Kennedy Space Center April 1987 offsite WDW-MK 15 year celebration January 1990 offsite WDW-MGM June 1996 CBR WDW-MK, Epcot and MGM / Universal Studios October 2004 AKL WDW-MK, Epcot, MGM and AK with MNSSHP July 2005 Happiest Celebration on Earth - Disneyland and DCA / San Diego -Sea World and Wild Animal Park October 2006 WL and MNSSHP. July 2007 Disneyland and DCA / San Francisco June 2008 DL and DCA Grand Californian wedding August 2008 Beach Club All Parks April 2009 DL and DCA DD 11th BirthdayOctober2009 POR Food/Wine and MNSSHP Moms Only December 2010-First Holiday Trip July 2011 Disneyland Hotel DL and DCA June 2012 CSR and Poly Sept/Oct 2012 CBR Mom's only with MNSSHP July and Aug 2013 POP to Beach Club with the boys then Girls Only at A of A to AKL
Check out My Beach Club Trip Report - loads of pixhttp://www.disboards.com/showthread....ferrerid=98667
TR from 2012 "How Could You?" http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3009569.
New TR in progress-The "How Could You" Rides Again - http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3172306
Tiggerrn2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 06:06 PM   #652
IWISHFORDISNEY
Cant get enough of the mouse!
It was tricky with only one bathroom
I will never ever forget that embarrassing episode of being farted upon

Location: The First State but wishing it was the Sunshine State...

Long time no talk. I am loving this trip report and it has given me alot of ideas for our Cali trip. The pics are awesome as usual!! Have fun in sunny FL this week. Hope you get to do the Halloween party.

Old 10-21-2012, 01:27 AM   #653
annmarieda
DIS Veteran

Looks like quite the journey to get the hollywood sign! At least now you can say you have "been there"
annmarieda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 07:24 PM   #654
Poolrat
I am alive, sometimes I wonder too!
I probably would be glued to the side

Caught up and Welcome back!!!!

It was great seeing you again and so sorry it wasn't longer.
POOLRAT PATI am a Disney Dork. 75- Contemporary,77- offsite Hyatt,86- offsite 1 day trip,88- offsite 1 day trip,98- Contemporary w/kids,01- All Stars Movies,05- Boardwalk,06- Coronado,07- Carribbean Beach,08- Beach Club,Oct 09 - POP/Coronado, Dec09/Jan 10 ASMu/ CSR , July '10-POP, Sept '10 POFQ,Oct '10 2X for F&W @ POP Oct'11-ASSp Dec '11-DVC SSR/AKL July '12- BCV, Sept '12- DL, Oct '12- BCV, Dec'12-POP Jan '13- OKW May '13-BWV Oct '13- BCV DEC '13- BCV May14-POP Aug 14- VWL Oct '14-DL Feb '15 -AKVK May '15 EEC- July'15 Big Birthday blowout ............ Can't wait to go back
Poolrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 10:45 AM   #655
brookelizabeth
Jambo Wildbunch Gang

I'm back from a WONDERFUL week at the World! One of my favorite trips, hands down! We had such a blast with our friends and the 2-bedroom Villa at Old Key West spoiled me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3inthefamily View Post
That was a great view! We got as far as the bridge you see in the picture of the mall at the Hollywood and Highland Center. We had parked there and went to the "observation deck" to see the sign. I can't get over that the Oscars are held there...I can't imagine Brad and Angelina walking past Johnny Rocket's to go up the stairs into the theater. Weird. The Dirty Dancing after party was in one of the empty areas in there as well. It is a strange place. Then again, we must have been strange to the LA people having a 9 year old boy at a premiere after party! Can't wait to see your take on Santa Monica. We never made it over there.
I agree! It was a strange place, not at all what I expected being connected to a mall and all that...so odd.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KristiMc View Post
Glad you got to see the sign and YAY for OKW!
Me too! It was definitely worth the hassle for me. Next trip, we won't bother, but I'm glad I got it that one time!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdwgirl03 View Post
WOW, another trip! I remember you saying on my TR how you were going in February but I had a feeling you'd probably be going sooner than that! Only 6 days, I'm jealous!

Cool California updates! Love all the pictures. It's so neat to see the real Chinese Theater. And yay for seeing the Hollywood sign. I think we might've only seen that from a distance as we were driving around. haha!
We had that October trip planned FOREVER it seemed! I just didn't talk about it much due to my DIS-hiatus.

Next time we are in California I won't bother with going to see it closely either, it doesn't look any different close-up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blessedby3 View Post
Goodness! What an exhausting time trying to find that sign! Im glad you guys finally made it...although Henry doesnt look impressed I dont think I would have liked driving on those roads either...scary!
We are leaving for WDW in 9 days! Maybe we will see you down there Are you doing the MNSSHP? We are looking forward to it on the 23rd...and hoping for great weather
LOL! You are CORRECT! Henry was not all too impressed. Yep, it's a sign. Okay, I'm gonna throw rocks.

I'm sorry I missed you! We didn't go to MNSSHP, we were going to, but decided last minute to not spend that money. We had a fantastic time, the weather was perfect!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post
Oh Brook, your driving adventure sounds awful. I hate to drive too. Thankfully Denny handles all the difficult driving in places we've never been to. I'm glad you finally found the Hollywood sign.

I have yet to catch up on your pictures, because, yes, I am at work.

But only 6 more days for me too!!!!!!!! (my ticker is off by a day). Really looking forward to meeting you at the DIS meet on Thursday afternoon. This is going to be a crazy trip.

Score on the 2BR at OKW. I bet its wonderful. I really want to try a 2BR there. I get its huge.
It was WONDERFUL meeting you!!!!!! And thank you again for the great gifts for Henry, he loved them all. You two really took your time and put some serious thought and energy into those goody bags!

The 2 bed is MASSIVE! I couldn't believe how big it was. I did a room tour with video and pictures - once I have both up I'll post it on Facebook and here too if I remember!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiggerrn2 View Post
Loved the update! Been so long since CA adventures for us now. But great fun reading yours. So excited for you for AKL trip! I love that resort. We are just back from a mom's only food and wine fest trip and had dinner at Sanaa. One of the best TS meals we had while there. Enjoy your trip to OKW! Can't wait to read more of your adventures.
Ooooh, a Mom's only trip! Love that! I do believe we are booked for Sanaa in February, I've been wanting to try it and since we'll be so close... I *think* we have 'Ohana breakfast, Boma breakfast (can't skip it...drool), Be Our Guest dinner and Sanaa dinner. I might cancel the 'Ohana, even though I've been itchin' to try it. Staying Club Level with 2 breakfasts is kinda silly being they have nice breakfast choices. We'll see though!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenseib View Post
Yay...I can feel your frustration. I've been there before and the "husband" doesn't listen to what you are telling him.

Skip wouldn't apologize though. LOL
Exactly! Or what's even worse is when you tell them something and they don't believe you, so they "double check". Ugh.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovemy3babes View Post
Oh goodness do I hate driving! Driving in unfamiliar places is the worst. I'm so glad you finally found the famous sign. Hallelujah! Love the photos! I'd love to see it too!!

I hope to see you next week Brook!
It was a crazyyyyyy drive, but I'm glad we did it! No way will I do it again unless a friend is along who really wants to go! LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeystoontown View Post
It's good to see you back posting on the Dis again!

Hum, after looking at your pictures, I can honestly say that Hollywood doesn't look like I thought it would althought I don't know what I thought it would look like. It seems as if "Hollywood" has done a good job at only showing the cleaned-up version of Hollywood. Still, I'm sure that it was neat to see the stars and the Chinese Theater.

I get tickled every time you refer to the vehicle as "Carzilla". Here in Louisiana, they think the bigger your car, the better. (Sounds a little like our neighboring State of Texas' motto doesn't it? ) I could feel just how frustrated you were when you described the driving and getting turned around/lost. Thank goodness you guys finally made it and were able to take pictures with the Hollywood sign.
You are exactly correct! The "pretty Hollywood" is just TV. It's kinda like NYC - you see all the glamour on TV, but none of the homeless, trash on the curb, etc. It's not nearly as pretty as they make it out to be! But, I'm glad we went anyway. I definitely wanted to see it all.

Joe and Henry agree with Louisiana, the bigger the car the better! Henry was obsessing last week over the size of our car. We had a van, but before we picked it up, he kept asking if it would be a BIG truck, etc. Goof.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MotoWifey185 View Post
my DH and I took our dog to California a few weeks before our wedding and we had the same issue with finding that sign. We gave up! We got pictures of her on hollywood blvd with the stars and the chinese theater so that was alright. Nice that you got to find the sign, and another great update!
It's nutty trying to find that sign! You'd think it would be simple considering how famous it is, and it's on a hill, but they do not make it easy!
Feb 2014 - Vero Beach ... Sept 2013 - CR/Disney Fantasy...March 2013 - AKL/SSR/POR ... Oct 2012 - OKW ... Sept 2012 - Disney Magic ... June 2012 - Disney Magic ... Jan 2012 - PPH/VGC ... Aug 2011 - Pop/YC/OKW ... May 2011 - ASMo ... Feb/March 2011 - BWV/BLT ... Sept 2010 - BWV ... Dec/Jan 2009/10 - AKV ... Sept 2009 - CSR ... Jan 2009 - SSR ... Nov 2008 - WL ... Oct 2006 - AKL
brookelizabeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 10:59 AM   #656
Tiggerrn2
DIS Veteran

Welcome home!! Can't wait to hear about your trip.
August 1981 offsite-Kissimmee WDW-Magic Kingdom August 1984 offsite-Celebration WDW-MK and Epcot, Sea World, Kennedy Space Center April 1987 offsite WDW-MK 15 year celebration January 1990 offsite WDW-MGM June 1996 CBR WDW-MK, Epcot and MGM / Universal Studios October 2004 AKL WDW-MK, Epcot, MGM and AK with MNSSHP July 2005 Happiest Celebration on Earth - Disneyland and DCA / San Diego -Sea World and Wild Animal Park October 2006 WL and MNSSHP. July 2007 Disneyland and DCA / San Francisco June 2008 DL and DCA Grand Californian wedding August 2008 Beach Club All Parks April 2009 DL and DCA DD 11th BirthdayOctober2009 POR Food/Wine and MNSSHP Moms Only December 2010-First Holiday Trip July 2011 Disneyland Hotel DL and DCA June 2012 CSR and Poly Sept/Oct 2012 CBR Mom's only with MNSSHP July and Aug 2013 POP to Beach Club with the boys then Girls Only at A of A to AKL
Check out My Beach Club Trip Report - loads of pixhttp://www.disboards.com/showthread....ferrerid=98667
TR from 2012 "How Could You?" http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3009569.
New TR in progress-The "How Could You" Rides Again - http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3172306
Tiggerrn2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 01:33 PM   #657
micandminforever
DIS Veteran

Welcome home. I look forward to the pictures from your latest trips.
One day trips with Family 1972,1973, 1976, Honeymoon off site June 1985, Off site June 1986, Off site June 1989, Grand Floridian June 1992, Wilderness Lodge June 1995, Dixie Landing(POR) April 1997, Hilton at Downtown Disney April 2000, Beach Club June 2003, POFQ June 2005, Pop Century Dec. 2005, Pop Century Jan. 2006, Pop Century Sept. 2007, POFQ Jan. 2009, Pop Century Sept 2009, BLT 25th Anniversary Trip June 2010, CBR March 2011, PORS Sept. 2012, Pop Century Jan. 2013
micandminforever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 05:16 PM   #658
Lovemy3babes
Is always in need to get herself and her children back to our "Happy Place"!

Welcome home Brook! So, so sad I missed you and Sheree on our trip. Like really bummed!

Just me and my girl…a very special 13th Birthday trip!
(updated 2/20/14)
Lovemy3babes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 08:27 AM   #659
Charleston Princess
DIS Veteran

Wow! That ordeal to get to the Hollywood sign was something! I could feel your frustration, Brook! All's well that ends well, though, and you saw it!!! In person!!!

Glad you had a great trip to WDW! Excited to see your pictures and read all about it!
Charleston Princess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 03:15 PM   #660
brookelizabeth
Jambo Wildbunch Gang

Check your homes and children people! Is anything odd going on?

I ask because...I am caught up on the DIS.

Hoping to get an update on tonight...!
Feb 2014 - Vero Beach ... Sept 2013 - CR/Disney Fantasy...March 2013 - AKL/SSR/POR ... Oct 2012 - OKW ... Sept 2012 - Disney Magic ... June 2012 - Disney Magic ... Jan 2012 - PPH/VGC ... Aug 2011 - Pop/YC/OKW ... May 2011 - ASMo ... Feb/March 2011 - BWV/BLT ... Sept 2010 - BWV ... Dec/Jan 2009/10 - AKV ... Sept 2009 - CSR ... Jan 2009 - SSR ... Nov 2008 - WL ... Oct 2006 - AKL
brookelizabeth is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: