Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Line Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-14-2012, 02:33 PM   #196
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

continued from previous page.....

I took a picture and Susan happened to be there. Carolyn says it looks like she is trying to hide quickly in a game of hide and seek. LOL

These are a HUGE hit with people. The heated stone chairs in the rainforest room. I heard they are fabulous, but I never did try them for myself.

These are hot saunas. When Brook opened the door the steam was pouring out.

These benches were heated too. I didn’t know that till several days later when I was making the rounds early morning to take pictures with the tripod and I sat on one and WOW…they are really hot.

On we went down, the hall. They had several rooms decorated so cute. I only took a picture of a few of the rooms. Each was slightly different, but I actually was tired of taking so many spa pictures at that point.

As I rounded back around the circle near the reception desk I saw a door open and several people walked out. My guess is that they were having a meeting in there. It was the hair salon and being a licensed cosmologist, I had to go in and take a few pictures of that as well.

We came back out and some of us asked about different services, etc. Some were really interested in the rain forest room. I liked the sound of it, but honestly I don’t see myself using it enough to pay for it. I think Susan and Carolyn did a couples package, which basically means 2 people in the same cabin, for the rain forest room on sea days (3). It was cheaper to do it that way over the single packages.
Lisa considered it and asked me, but I just couldn’t commit. What if I totally hated it? I could only see me sitting on the hot stones for short periods of time …. And then what if I loved it. I was then worried I would spend too much time there and miss other fun events. I’m complex that way.

In the end we didn’t get it and Lisa never do get a single day or sea day package. Maybe next time I will give it a try.
jenseib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 02:39 PM   #197
dolphingirl47
I will post my goodies once I am back
I have always been too worried to use the pillowcase

I loved the photos again. Do they still have the water coolers with lemon and cucumber outside the Rainforest Room? This is the one thing I miss on the Wonder. I have a hard time drinking water even if I am thirsty, but I love the cucumber water.

Corinna
dolphingirl47 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-14-2012, 03:26 PM   #198
dizneeat
DIS Veteran

The spa pics are great! You know, we have yet to make it there.

Thanks for letting me have a peek.
TR Summer 2014: We're out of it! A MAGICal Med adventure TR 2013: Get off the ship .....
Visit my other TRs/dining reviews here:

dizneeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 03:39 PM   #199
TinksMomma
Mouseketeer

Loving your latest installment! The Spa on the Fantasy totally spoiled me! We loved the Rainforest Room there but I don't think we'll be using this one. Those heated benches get HOT!!!
Old 10-14-2012, 05:27 PM   #200
Caretames1
Mom & Crazed Planner

I will make sure I am NOT between you ans any cookies next month!

The deserts looked so good, and the photos were edible! YUM.

I've never been to a spa before, and I'm not sure I would like people touching me (I'm weird like that) but it does look beautiful.
Nice gym pictures! I bet you guys all worked out every morning, and were very conscious of what you ate.......

Uh Oh, frisky business on the CM deck! Their Mickey ears slipped a bit.

It's a bit cold and very damp here (2 days of rain), I bet the warm bench/chair would feel good right now.
Wake Up! SURPRISE, We're going to Disney World....TODAY Sept 2011 TRhttp://www.disboards.com/showthread....9#post42811539
"Momma, I got to dance with Flynn Ryder!" Our January 2011 TR.http://www.disboards.com/showthread....1#post39775931
First Ever Trip to Disney World 1/23/2009 (POR) 6 days
Back to Disney World 1/21/2011 (POR) 10 days

Shhh! Suprise MNSSHP Trip 9/21/2011 (POP) 5 days
Surprise...AGAIN! 11/1/12 (AoA) 11 days
ME: Carey DH: John DD: Kadence (10) DD: Samantha (20)
Caretames1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 06:13 PM   #201
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Quote:
Originally Posted by dolphingirl47 View Post
I loved the photos again. Do they still have the water coolers with lemon and cucumber outside the Rainforest Room? This is the one thing I miss on the Wonder. I have a hard time drinking water even if I am thirsty, but I love the cucumber water.

Corinna
I don't remember seeing anything like that, so I don't think so. They did on the Dream. I don't know about cucumbers, but they had lemon slices in it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dizneeat View Post
The spa pics are great! You know, we have yet to make it there.

Thanks for letting me have a peek.
I am not really a spa person either, but I did want to take a peek at it and I am glad I did.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinksMomma View Post
Loving your latest installment! The Spa on the Fantasy totally spoiled me! We loved the Rainforest Room there but I don't think we'll be using this one. Those heated benches get HOT!!!
I hear how so many people really enjoy it. Maybe someday I wll actually try it out. My cousin is getting a massage on our Dream trip in Nov.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caretames1 View Post
I will make sure I am NOT between you ans any cookies next month!

The deserts looked so good, and the photos were edible! YUM.

I've never been to a spa before, and I'm not sure I would like people touching me (I'm weird like that) but it does look beautiful.
Nice gym pictures! I bet you guys all worked out every morning, and were very conscious of what you ate.......

Uh Oh, frisky business on the CM deck! Their Mickey ears slipped a bit.

It's a bit cold and very damp here (2 days of rain), I bet the warm bench/chair would feel good right now.
Do NOT block the cookies!

I am kind of funny like that too with spa stuff. I did have a massage once, just here at a local place that my Uncle goes to. Actually it's a girl my youngest sister used to work with, and she is really nice and good. it was wonderful...my older 2 got it as a Christmas gift for me ...but I wouldn't spend the money on myself to do it...Unless I won the lottery.
Old 10-15-2012, 10:30 AM   #202
kmrein
Mouseketeer

SUBBING!!! Yay, I always really enjoy your reports and can't wait to read! Now just wishing for the time to catch up and read it!

Thanks for sharing with us!

1989-first trip (off-site); 1997/2011-Port Orleans FQ
2004/05/07/08/10/13-Fort Wilderness Campground
2010-Polynesian Resort

2012-Disneyland (Grand Californian/Paradise Pier)
2014-Art of Animation/Fort Wilderness split stay
kmrein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 11:58 AM   #203
pooksma
Can't help it~there is something about Ed...kinda like the Gary Sinise thing...
Well I have laughed my posterior region until it almost removed itself from my body

Here's hoping I have a chance to make it there! (on the Dream that is)

pooksma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 12:07 PM   #204
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmrein View Post
SUBBING!!! Yay, I always really enjoy your reports and can't wait to read! Now just wishing for the time to catch up and read it!

Thanks for sharing with us!
Welcome! I know about time too. I seem to be constantly behind.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pooksma View Post
Here's hoping I have a chance to make it there! (on the Dream that is)
So you are sailing the Dream? It's a wondeful ship. I will be writing a TR on that trip as well.
Old 10-15-2012, 12:45 PM   #205
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Wow! I'm sooooo not a spa kinda girl but the spa looks impressive! I just had to laugh at ya'll talking about the one girl/two guys in the castmember pool doing who knows what.

2014 trip report: Disney dangled the visual weinee and Mickeystoontown gobbled it up! Our two week adventure!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....6#post51642226

mickeystoontown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 02:24 PM   #206
SoonerGirl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenseib View Post
Do they have them on the breakfast buffet? I do have a boma breakfast one day.
I've only ever seen them at dinner, but I've only done breakfast there once, so maybe

So many great pictures of the spa and gym! I'm not one to workout on vacation, and I'm not a big spa person either, but both looked really nice! Well, all except that hot tub, what was up with that?

Boy, the scenery in the Port of Galveston leaves a lot to be desired huh?
Old 10-15-2012, 02:51 PM   #207
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeystoontown View Post
Wow! I'm sooooo not a spa kinda girl but the spa looks impressive! I just had to laugh at ya'll talking about the one girl/two guys in the castmember pool doing who knows what.

I'm sure we were really narrating a story that wasn't really happening, but it sure looked pretty steamy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoonerGirl View Post
I've only ever seen them at dinner, but I've only done breakfast there once, so maybe

So many great pictures of the spa and gym! I'm not one to workout on vacation, and I'm not a big spa person either, but both looked really nice! Well, all except that hot tub, what was up with that?

Boy, the scenery in the Port of Galveston leaves a lot to be desired huh?
I have so many things to that I want to try...I have to remember it all. I am so excited to go though. Time is flying by and it will be here before I know it.
Old 10-15-2012, 05:53 PM   #208
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

We decided to split up after the spa tour. It was almost 1:30 and I was so excited with how much I had done and seen already at such an early hour.

My next destination in mind was the kids clubs. I wanted to get a few pictures while they were still open to anyone.

We said good bye to the other girls and off we went Ö.with pictures along the way.

I had given Lisa the option of going on her own too, but she was interested in seeing the clubs a bit too, and I think she was still too nervous to yet go off on her own.

First we came to Flounders Nursery.

It was very cute. It was also bigger than I had thought it would be.
Old 10-15-2012, 05:55 PM   #209
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Then we hit the bigger kids clubs. I think we went in the lab first then over to the club, but I canít swear to it and I canít remember off the top of my head which is which. I do like the Dreams set up better where both clubs run into each other and kids can go from side to side. On the Magic the age groups are completely separated.

You have to go around to the other side of the Atrium on deck 5 to get to the other club.

Iíll let you in on a secret. I had trouble finding both clubs. It was set up so differently than the Dream that I walked by them a couple of times and had to ask a CM to direct us.

And this is why I want to be a kid ÖÖ.the pirate ship!

It was actually very different than I had pictured itÖbut still looked like great fun for kids.

Old 10-15-2012, 06:05 PM   #210
vleeth
I heart Disney

Thank you so much for posting those kids club pics. I'm really thinking Hope will spend time at both. (Unless they are strict about the ages.) She's 7 1/2 and I know she would love the pirate ship, but she also loves everything science.

I love that you went up the stairs to take a picture.

The ship looks so empty in your pics, but I guess thats the best time for picture taking.
vleeth is online now   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: