Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Global Neighbours > Other Lands > Australia
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-10-2012, 09:57 PM   #16
Sugarglider
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColinA View Post
Just to confuse the issue. For the TIW block out dates we can get DVC 20% on some ADRs, not many places but there are some that accept it!
Ahhh the perks of DVC.
the combo's are endless and everyone's situation is unique - requires A LOT of planning. But as I said to DH - no more planning than if I was driving across Europe and had to find hotels and restaurants and sights for every day!
Sugarglider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 10:05 AM   #17
Disney_Princess83
DIS Veteran

If you stay longer then 10 days, it works out better straight out. With the discounts and TiW discount, you generally break even from about day 7-8. We did an 18 day trip and this saved us alot of money over the time.

Almost 6 Weeks at Disney.... it's Happened! October & November 2013! Trip Report and Food Review to Follow Soon

Starbucks has arrived at WDW! MK, EPCOT and soon the entire World!
Add me on Twitter: @OzGoofyPrincess
Disney_Princess83 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-15-2012, 04:36 PM   #18
DizOz
DIS Veteran

Sorry one more question.

We are staying 16 days so from what everyone is saying it should be much cheaper through an AP. Is that an AP for each person or just one to get the discounts and get standard park hopper passes for the rest of the family?

DizOz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 04:52 PM   #19
ColinA
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DizOz View Post
Sorry one more question.

We are staying 16 days so from what everyone is saying it should be much cheaper through an AP. Is that an AP for each person or just one to get the discounts and get standard park hopper passes for the rest of the family?

If you want to go to Disney parks for more than 10 days I would get the AP for every person in your family.

If you only want to spend a total of 10 days in the Disney parks I would suggest an AP for one person and the rest of your group a 10 day park hopper. With one person having the AP you get the 10% merchandise discount and if you are going to the dining you can then buy the TIW card. The TIW covers up to 10 on dining.
ColinA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 05:00 PM   #20
battymum
DIS Veteran

If free dining is offered during your stay, would you still be eligible as I think you need to be on a magic your way package?
battymum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 01:12 AM   #21
Sugarglider
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by battymum View Post
If free dining is offered during your stay, would you still be eligible as I think you need to be on a magic your way package?
This is where you have to do the maths! As a solo free dining, whilst better than nothing, is not really worth it for me. So a TiW card with 20% food and an AP with 30% room and 10% merch can deliver me a better discount without a magic your package.

But if you can jam them all in as few rooms as possible, then free dining could be worth your while.

also - the standard park hoppers have a max of 10 days on them so if you want 16 days continuous entry access you may as well buy the APs. Unless you are off to Universal and other activities for another 6 days - as you have 14 days in which to use the 10 in the hopper.

To add to colin A's suggestion, you only need 1 person to have the TiW who can cover up to 10 in one sitting.
Sugarglider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 01:13 AM   #22
Tashinwdw
Holidays at WDW - closest I will ever get to being a Princess

OMG I think I am now more confused than ever after reading this thread. I was looking at AP for us for next year but because we were hoping for the free dining I didnt think we could but I think I will have to really sit down and work out a spreadsheet to find out what will be the best option for us. We want a 2 bedroom villa (do you get discounts with them as well) we also want to stay 14+ days arghhhh! luckily I have some time to work it out.

Disneyland & WDW 1996 WDW at Boardwalk 2012
2014 WDW, DCL and Disneyland YAY! Fingers crossed that a DCL Alaska cruise is on the horizon
Tashinwdw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 02:34 AM   #23
ColinA
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tashinwdw View Post
OMG I think I am now more confused than ever after reading this thread. I was looking at AP for us for next year but because we were hoping for the free dining I didnt think we could but I think I will have to really sit down and work out a spreadsheet to find out what will be the best option for us. We want a 2 bedroom villa (do you get discounts with them as well) we also want to stay 14+ days arghhhh! luckily I have some time to work it out.
When you say a 2 bedroom villa, are you booking with DVC points or paying. Which resort do you plan to stay.
Old 10-25-2012, 04:44 AM   #24
Tashinwdw
Holidays at WDW - closest I will ever get to being a Princess

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColinA View Post
When you say a 2 bedroom villa, are you booking with DVC points or paying. Which resort do you plan to stay.
It will probably be the BWV as thats where we have just stayed and DH wants to go back there. We are not DVC members, we are looking into it but its so hard getting information over here. A friend in the USA was going to order package but I have not heard back. We did not know much about DVC until our last day at WDW and it was to late to do anything.

Disneyland & WDW 1996 WDW at Boardwalk 2012
2014 WDW, DCL and Disneyland YAY! Fingers crossed that a DCL Alaska cruise is on the horizon
Tashinwdw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 05:09 AM   #25
ColinA
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tashinwdw View Post
It will probably be the BWV as thats where we have just stayed and DH wants to go back there. We are not DVC members, we are looking into it but its so hard getting information over here. A friend in the USA was going to order package but I have not heard back. We did not know much about DVC until our last day at WDW and it was to late to do anything.

Are you getting confused with the Boardwalk Inn or the villas. The villas are normally owned by the DVC members and you can rent the points to get the rooms at the villas. There are minimal rooms available as a normal cash pay booking.

There are other threads on this subject but I am not sure if this is what you are looking for.

There are others and myself that are on the Aus section. My home resort is BWV.

What information do you need!
Old 10-25-2012, 06:07 AM   #26
5ofus
DIS Veteran

What I plan on doing in a couple of years is to book a MYW package with a ten day pass for a 14 day stay. On my first day, without using my ticket first I plan on upgrading to an AP using the full credit on the MYW going toward an AP.

Well that's my current plan, it changes almost daily!

5ofus is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
annual pass, discounts

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: