DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC Member Services
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-14-2012, 02:00 PM   #316
TLPL
DIS Veteran

Question: If I order the PAP vouchers from the link on members website (through the Walt Disney World Ticket Store), and use Disney/ Chase Reward Visa, is that purchase qualify for the 6 months no interest?

-February: WDW/ DCL - Bay Lake Tower/ 7-Night Western Caribbean Cruise on Disney Fantasy/ Villas at Grand Floridian
-August: Vero Beach

-Western Caribbean Cruise on Disney Wonder/ Animal Kingdom Lodge Villas

TLPL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 02:07 PM   #317
vicki_c
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TLPL View Post
Question: If I order the PAP vouchers from the link on members website (through the Walt Disney World Ticket Store), and use Disney/ Chase Reward Visa, is that purchase qualify for the 6 months no interest?
No only Disney vacation packages qualify for that offer.
June 1978 - Poly / Nov 1996 - Yacht Club / Jan 2001 - Poly / Jan/Feb 2004 - Wilderness Lodge / 2004-2006: Animal Kingdom Lodge, Nick Hotel, Caribbean Beach, Port Orleans Riverside, HI Sunspree, Buena Vista Suites, Caribe Royale / Jan 2008 - Poly / June 2008 - Saratoga Springs and Villas @ Wilderness Lodge / Nov 2008 -Boardwalk Villas / Dec 2008 - WL, Beach Club Villas and Beach Club / June 2009 - POFQ and Poly / Jan 2010 - AKV, 4 night DCL & BCV / Nov 2010 - POFQ / April 2011 - SSR / Nov 2011 Swan / Jan 2012 - BC/ April 2012 OKW / April 2014 AoA & AKV
vicki_c is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-14-2012, 02:58 PM   #318
TLPL
DIS Veteran

That's too bad, I saw all the payments over $100 I made to DCL are qualify, so I was hopeing ticket purchase will be qualify too.

-February: WDW/ DCL - Bay Lake Tower/ 7-Night Western Caribbean Cruise on Disney Fantasy/ Villas at Grand Floridian
-August: Vero Beach

-Western Caribbean Cruise on Disney Wonder/ Animal Kingdom Lodge Villas

TLPL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 05:27 PM   #319
Bronte
DIS Veteran

We got our DVC annual passes in July (new members.) I am not sure what we paid because we also had a 2 day base ticket to "upgrade" thus off setting the final cost. According to the chart a DVC annual pass is 425. We are going down for Thanksgiving and would like to upgrade to the 399 deal ... I am thinking this will not cost anything or if we are lucky we might even get a credit correct ????
We got PAP's for our dd's in July because they like DQ ... Too bad we did not know this was coming or we might have waited.
Bronte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 06:13 PM   #320
yitbos96bb
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronte
We got our DVC annual passes in July (new members.) I am not sure what we paid because we also had a 2 day base ticket to "upgrade" thus off setting the final cost. According to the chart a DVC annual pass is 425. We are going down for Thanksgiving and would like to upgrade to the 399 deal ... I am thinking this will not cost anything or if we are lucky we might even get a credit correct ????
We got PAP's for our dd's in July because they like DQ ... Too bad we did not know this was coming or we might have waited.
Technically, they aren't supposed to upgrade you at all. However some have reported cast members still doing so. Worth a try but don't be surprised if you can't.
Old 10-14-2012, 06:21 PM   #321
Bronte
DIS Veteran

oh ... Sorry
So you can only upgrade vouchers not passes ???
Bronte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 06:43 PM   #322
Boardwalk III
Mouseketeer

DVC Gold Member
Paid DVC Rent/Trade
Gold Membership

Hi all,

Just to be sure I understand....we'll be there in a month and I want to purchase the discounted Premium AP as I am going again in Feb. From what I read there is no reason to order the voucher in advance from MS as they are not going to mail the voucher out to me, correct? So should I just buy when we arrive? ( Am BWV owner so assume I can buy at back gate of Epcot?) Also, I want to purchase TiW...does that need to be done in advance or also best at gate?

Thanks!
Boardwalk III is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 06:47 PM   #323
yitbos96bb
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronte
oh ... Sorry
So you can only upgrade vouchers not passes ???
What Disney says is that they won't upgrade anything costing over the $399. So the regular pass costs more, hence them saying they won't upgrade. I actually had them call me and tell me after escalating my complaint.

Now some reported being able to do it. Cheshire Figment said he got a memo saying they aren't allowed to do it. So you might get lucky... Worst they can do is say no... But I wouldn't be surprised if you aren't allowed. Obviously the later on in the promotion you buy, the better the possibility as they process complaints.
Old 10-14-2012, 06:49 PM   #324
yitbos96bb
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boardwalk III
Hi all,

Just to be sure I understand....we'll be there in a month and I want to purchase the discounted Premium AP as I am going again in Feb. From what I read there is no reason to order the voucher in advance from MS as they are not going to mail the voucher out to me, correct? So should I just buy when we arrive? ( Am BWV owner so assume I can buy at back gate of Epcot?) Also, I want to purchase TiW...does that need to be done in advance or also best at gate?

Thanks!
I believe yu can get TiW at certain guest services... There is info online about it, a quick google should find it. It's in your Interest to buy TiW after the annual pass since it is cheaper as an AP holder than the DVC rate.
Old 10-14-2012, 07:55 PM   #325
rhodymom
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by RachaelA View Post
So we asked about the dvc pap at MK today when we were redeeming our vouchers thst cost more than $399. The CM actually suggested that we upgrade and they will give us the difference on a GC so we did. I know it was probably pixie dust but just wanted to share my experience.
Oh goodness hoping the same works for us...heck I don't even care about the price difference!!!
rhodymom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 10:30 PM   #326
CaliforniaDreaming
#1 Grand Floridian Fan/Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by RachaelA
So we asked about the dvc pap at MK today when we were redeeming our vouchers thst cost more than $399. The CM actually suggested that we upgrade and they will give us the difference on a GC so we did. I know it was probably pixie dust but just wanted to share my experience.
We were able to do the same last week at Epcot. Hope others have the same luck!
Old 10-15-2012, 05:25 AM   #327
Jousey
Dis Dad #694
All I can think of is a pole dancer
Is there a pill for this condition or do I just keep up the cycle of going to Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliforniaDreaming

We were able to do the same last week at Epcot. Hope others have the same luck!
We were at WDW a few days before it went in affect the CM just said to come back and they would upgrade us to PAP in November and give us the difference on GC.

Jousey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 10:03 AM   #328
OrangeCountyCommuter
DIS Veteran

Just walking away from Guest Relations at Epcot International gate. Asked if I could upgrade. She said yes, gave me new PAP and a gift card for $27.
OrangeCountyCommuter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 10:58 AM   #329
ellie0311
Mouseketeer

Renewing Next Year

If I get the PAP this year when I go on Nov 1, at the DVC special rate, when it is time for renewal next year in 2013 am I locked into getting the PAP again or can I renew for a just regular annual pass at the DVC rate whatever it may be in 2013? I would like to get the cost benefit of the PAP this year but don't anticipate that next year when it is time for renewal I will want to stay with the PAP.
Old 10-15-2012, 11:15 AM   #330
OrangeCountyCommuter
DIS Veteran

No you do not have to renew at the same level
OrangeCountyCommuter is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: