Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-14-2012, 05:46 PM   #46
I❤MICKEY
DIS Veteran

Guess I need to update my signature.
I❤MICKEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 11:39 PM   #47
Kimbo71
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimbo71 View Post

I do have one question-I have tried to upload an new avatar, & re-sized the pic & everything, but it won't upload. Anything else I should try?

Solved my problem, I think!

Kimbo71 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-15-2012, 12:12 AM   #48
FloridaFun
Mouseketeer

Laura - I think I have over 300 items of my Fish Extender Exchange (FEE) Pinterest board and add new ones each week. The FEE should be a lot of fun, so I am glad you are in.

Fish Extender Exchange (FEE) - For those first time Disney cruisers, I hope you will join in the fun too. I will start a spread sheet for those that are planning to do the FEE on our cruise. I posted a little about what an FEE is in post 41, but you can also google it to read more about it and get ideas.

Kimbo71 - Super excited to have someone else from my hometown on the cruise! How are you getting to Galveston? Your DD falls right in the middle of my two older DS's, so they should have a great time together... especially with the hometown connection. Glad to see you got your new avatar to work.

Stephanne (SnipsNSnails) - Glad to have more grandparents joining the cruise. We will have my mom and step-dad along with us as well. I grew up in Ann Arbor, MI and lived there until college. Then married a career Air Force office which too us all over the US. It will be fun to hear about where you live. I have been back in Ann Arbor this weekend for the Michigan vs. Illinois football game.

I heart Mickey - I am sure you will love cruising and DCL is the way to go for relaxing with the hubby. Not sure yet what we will do for insurance either, so I am looking forward to seeing what others here are doing as well. We only purchased it once in the past during hurricane season and did not have to use it.

Beth

Disney Dream August 2011 - Ruby Princess December 2011 - Carnival Triumph March 2012 - Can't wait to be on the Disney Magic February 2013
FloridaFun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 04:31 AM   #49
Kimbo71
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by FloridaFun View Post

Kimbo71 - Super excited to have someone else from my hometown on the cruise! How are you getting to Galveston? Your DD falls right in the middle of my two older DS's, so they should have a great time together... especially with the hometown connection. Glad to see you got your new avatar to work.
I noticed this yesterday-that you were from C/S, too. I almost said something, but wasn't able to right then. Have to watch how much time I'm on these boards-since we are trying to keep this a secret until Christmas-& DD 11 is pretty smart!

We are flying to Houston the day before. DH has ariline miles to use!! Woot Woo!!!

Which DD are you talking about? Your DH is Air Force? Where is he stationed? My DH is an Army contractor working on Pete. Sorry for all the questions. I woke up at 3:15 & can't go back to sleep cause I am so excited about this.....ha! Ha!! Over 120 days still to go, & I can't sleep! (naw, I'm not excited to go at all-)

Old 10-15-2012, 10:03 AM   #50
dismom73
It's an illness, I know!
Shares a special day with Disneyland!

Wow, we made it to page 4...this thread is really picking up!

We are in for the FE also, my kids LOVE coming back to the cabin and checking the pockets!

SnipsNSnails, I know what you mean. I'm a huge planner myself and we just booked last week. It's stressful and exciting at the same time to have so little time left.

IheartMickey, Don't stress about the dining, you can always request a table to yourselves. They usually do a great job trying to fulfill requests. In the past we have gone to insure my trip dot com and purchased insure from there. You can compare a bunch of different insurance companies and pick one you like. The biggest thing to look for is a large amount for "evacuation insurance", should be at least $50,000. This is our 6th Disney cruise, so if you have any questions feel free to ask. Although, it is our first time sailing out of Galveston on DCL so I feel a bit like a fish out of water planning pre-cruise stuff.
Old 10-15-2012, 10:53 AM   #51
the great cornholeo
Hooked!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dismom73 View Post
Wow, we made it to page 4...this thread is really picking up!

We are in for the FE also, my kids LOVE coming back to the cabin and checking the pockets!

SnipsNSnails, I know what you mean. I'm a huge planner myself and we just booked last week. It's stressful and exciting at the same time to have so little time left.

IheartMickey, Don't stress about the dining, you can always request a table to yourselves. They usually do a great job trying to fulfill requests. In the past we have gone to insure my trip dot com and purchased insure from there. You can compare a bunch of different insurance companies and pick one you like. The biggest thing to look for is a large amount for "evacuation insurance", should be at least $50,000. This is our 6th Disney cruise, so if you have any questions feel free to ask. Although, it is our first time sailing out of Galveston on DCL so I feel a bit like a fish out of water planning pre-cruise stuff.

DM DH: : DS 10

Disney Magic 10/3/09
Disney Dream B2B 10/2/11 & 10/6/11
Disney Magic 2/15/13
the great cornholeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 05:59 PM   #52
FloridaFun
Mouseketeer

Hi Everyone!

I am working on the Fish Extender Exchange (FEE) list. So far I have me (FloridaFun), The Great Cornholeo, and DisMom73 confirmed to participate. Gina and Kpetty also mentioned the FEE in their posts, so I am planning to count you in unless you tell me not too. Can all of you and anyone else that is already here on the cruise board that wants to participate PM me you cabin number, family last name or names, kids names and ages, where you are from, and if you have any special celebrations while on the cruise. If you give me the dates of those special celebrations, that would be great too.

This is my first time helping to organize the FEE, so if there is any information that I should also be gathering, please let me know.

Thanks,
Beth

Disney Dream August 2011 - Ruby Princess December 2011 - Carnival Triumph March 2012 - Can't wait to be on the Disney Magic February 2013
FloridaFun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 06:39 PM   #53
Kimbo71
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Hi Everyone!

I am working on the Fish Extender Exchange (FEE) list. So far I have me (FloridaFun), The Great Cornholeo, and DisMom73 confirmed to participate. Gina and Kpetty also mentioned the FEE in their posts, so I am planning to count you in unless you tell me not too. Can all of you and anyone else that is already here on the cruise board that wants to participate PM me you cabin number, family last name or names, kids names and ages, where you are from, and if you have any special celebrations while on the cruise. If you give me the dates of those special celebrations, that would be great too.

This is my first time helping to organize the FEE, so if there is any information that I should also be gathering, please let me know.

Thanks,
Beth
We might be interested in it. Let me talk to DH!

Old 10-15-2012, 11:20 PM   #54
dismom73
It's an illness, I know!
Shares a special day with Disneyland!

Beth...thanks so much for taking on the FE...I sent you a PM with our info.
Old 10-16-2012, 11:39 AM   #55
betsy2010
Earning My Ears

Hi Beth
we also have boys (11 & 7) and would love to do the FE. We did it on the Mexican Riviera last year and the boys loved both delivering and of course receiving the goodies! Thanks for organizing (did I get the right Beth?)
betsy2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 11:42 AM   #56
Kimbo71
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Hi Everyone!

Thanks,
Beth
Talked to DH. We're in!

Old 10-16-2012, 11:43 AM   #57
Kimbo71
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Hi Everyone!

Thanks,
Beth
I have to get some of that info from DH. I don't know our stateroom # off-hand etc.

Old 10-16-2012, 11:58 AM   #58
Kimbo71
Mouseketeer

Talking The SUSPENSE is KILLING me!!!!

We decided to surprise the kids at Christmas, but I think I might DIE trying to keep the secret from them!!!!

Our kids are DD-age 11, DD-age 6, & DS-age 5. We went on a WDW vacation two years ago, but we always told them that we weren't ever taking them on a cruise, lol!

Out 11 YO will LOVE all that goes into the planning-so I can hardly take it that I can't tell her!!!

Old 10-16-2012, 12:27 PM   #59
SnipsNSnails
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I have been back in Ann Arbor this weekend for the Michigan vs. Illinois football game.
Oh Beth, then you got to see them trounce IL What's even funnier is that my FIL went to IL so there's great rivalry there as my family is die hard UofM all the way. My cousing graduated from there this spring.

We live in the suburbs of Grand Rapids. I grew up in this area, we also lived up north of Saginaw for awhile and back and forth with IN. My DH just took a job here in July (thus why he doesn't have any vacation to come along). The house we're renting happened to be on the same road as my parents, less than a mile from them so they were super excited to have us back near them after living in Fort Wayne for a couple of years.

I'm not sure about the FE yet. I need to talk to my parents. I think I understand how it works but let me ask just to make sure I get the gist of it - We get a list of everyone else participating and get them each a little gift which we deliver at some point during the cruise. We all hang something on the fish to receive the gifts that the others leave for us. Or is it just a few of the other families and not everyone?

7/1996 - CBR, 12/1998 - BC, 12/2008 - Pop DDP, 9/2011 - CBR DDP, 2/2013 - DCL Magic, 6/2013 - DL BWPPI
4 Generations Do WDW - Sept 2011 Trip Report
SnipsNSnails is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 02:25 PM   #60
jzandmeplus3
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimbo71 View Post
We decided to surprise the kids at Christmas, but I think I might DIE trying to keep the secret from them!!!!

Our kids are DD-age 11, DD-age 6, & DS-age 5. We went on a WDW vacation two years ago, but we always told them that we weren't ever taking them on a cruise, lol!

Out 11 YO will LOVE all that goes into the planning-so I can hardly take it that I can't tell her!!!
I am terrible at keeping BIG secrets like this, but we did it last year with our kids. We surprised this with a DCL 8 night Mexican Riveria Christmas Cruise on the Wonder last year. It was a kids sail free we couldn't tune down especially cruising over Christmas. It was so hard to keep it a secret, especially when it came time to pack and my oldest DS kept asking questions as to why I was packing certain things like bio-bands and anti-motion sickness stuff. We flew in the night before the cruise and stayed overnight at Disney Land. They thought we were going to a resort in Mexico and stopped in CA because our flight to Mexico was the next day out of LA. The next morning we had a character brunch at DL, they still had no idea. Right before we got on the DCL bus for the transfer to the ship, we told them we were actually taking a Disney Cruise . My oldest DS did not like being surprised and was initially upset and nervous about cruising, but my other two DS were jumping up and down with excitement. Took my oldest DS a couple of days to get over his apprehension and worry about sea sickness while cruising, but by the end of the cruise he didn't want it to be over.
jzandmeplus3 is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: