Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 10-13-2012, 07:18 AM   #1276
RedfromNL
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgates View Post
Thank you guys - I'm a moron - I BOOKED WL. I have no idea why I said Poly in there. What an idiot I am. I plan on packing some boxes of cereal since we each get a checked bag free on Delta. Last year I took some dixie bowls, plastic spoons etc. Made it very easy to at least get something in our tummies while everyone else was showering. My sweet d-in-law needs soy milk so this will work out well since they have it.

Was also able to get the lite version of Starbucks little bottles at WM last year - I will miss having that caffeine fix in the morning!! I wouldn't dare pack those in my luggage lol!!!

Sorry I mis-typed. Just too tired at the time I guess & suffering BRAIN FADE.......

Opinions on Roaring Forks for breakfast or lunch? Any thoughts?
I LOVE the banana foster mickey waffles for breakfast!!
Plan to eat quite a few of those, if only they'd serve those for lunch too....
Old 10-13-2012, 08:32 AM   #1277
mickeynut1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheri236 View Post
just wanted to say that I can't believe our trip is only 13 days away!! this will be our 4th stay at wl but we are traveling with friends and this is their first. can't wait to show them how awesome wl is!!! I really need to get packing!
You will be there before you know it.....have a great trip .

Quote:
Originally Posted by chimommy View Post
just called... no codes... hopefully I can get something later!!!
I'm sorry you didn't have a code, but don't give up hope......something might pop up later .

Quote:
Originally Posted by babyberger View Post
A week from today we'll be at WL!!!! I'm looking forward to the escape from reality for a long weekend

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

Quote:
Thank you guys - I'm a moron - I BOOKED WL. I have no idea why I said Poly in there. What an idiot I am. I plan on packing some boxes of cereal since we each get a checked bag free on Delta. Last year I took some dixie bowls, plastic spoons etc. Made it very easy to at least get something in our tummies while everyone else was showering. My sweet d-in-law needs soy milk so this will work out well since they have it.

Was also able to get the lite version of Starbucks little bottles at WM last year - I will miss having that caffeine fix in the morning!! I wouldn't dare pack those in my luggage lol!!!

Sorry I mis-typed. Just too tired at the time I guess & suffering BRAIN FADE.......

Congrats on booking . There's a good variety, IMO, at Roaring Forks and it's great for breakfast and lunch (dinner, too, if you want something quick ).

Country Inn & Suites LBV June 2001 - CBR July 2002 - BC December 2003 - WL CL Oct/Nov 2004 - WL September 2006 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2007 -Poly September 2007 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2008 - AKL/GF SL/WL January 2010 - AKL/GF December 2010 - GF RPC May 2011
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-13-2012, 08:39 AM   #1278
TinkPirateMom
DIS Veteran

I just booked the Cubs Den for my son (3 years and 9 months old) for an evening during our trip. I'm sure he will love it there. He really likes being around other kids. I'm not certain what we are doing that evening but we will let DD16 choose. She is excited to have a night free from her little brother.

One of the last things on my Disney To Do List is to order a 2 tiered mini cake from the Cake Hotline for our anniversary

3 weeks from today we will be checking in at the Wilderness Lodge

Wishing everyone leaving soon a very magical trip! It looks like you may catch some sneak peeks of FLE

Old 10-13-2012, 12:45 PM   #1279
tardin1964
I need it.....
I want it.....
Please........

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgates

As others have said RF is great. The only issue with it is it not large enough. Times when the resort is fully booked RF can be pretty busy. My only advice is to get to RF on the early side if you're trying to get to a park at rope drop. the line gets long and it gets tough to get a table.

Poly 8/79, 8/81, 8/83
GF 8/92
WL 11/03, 11/05, 8/08
DCL 11/10
POFQ 6/11
Old 10-13-2012, 02:24 PM   #1280
PamelaKay
DIS Veteran

Does anyone know if the roof work is complete and are they doing flag family again?

Less than 2 weeks until our trip. I started laying out clothes today

Mar 2010 - AKL CL May 2010 - GF CL Nov 2010 - Dec 2010 POFQ and Poly CL
Mar 2011 - BWI, June 2011 CBR one night and split stay between WL and BCOct 2011 - POR and WL
March 2012 WL CL Oct 2012 WL CL and Dec 2012 WL CL
Mar 2013 YC CL, June 2013 Poly CL, Oct 2013 Hard Rock CL BWI CL and
Dec 2013 GF CL
Mar 2014 WL, June 2014 CR CL, and Oct/Nov 2014 WL CL
Old 10-13-2012, 08:55 PM   #1281
Susieo
Earning My Ears

It is and they are.... We're the family for tomorrow..... So excited!!
There were actually a lot of dates we could haven chosen when we checked in.... Have a great trip!
Old 10-14-2012, 08:32 AM   #1282
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

Quote:
Originally Posted by babyberger View Post
A week from today we'll be at WL!!!! I'm looking forward to the escape from reality for a long weekend

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvallprincesses View Post
What kinds of kids activities are offered for kids at the Cubs Den in the afternoon? Is this something reservations are needed for and a fee is paid or impromptu drop in type things? I never came across this anywhere in all of my WL research!
The are free activities from 2:30-4 at the Cub's Den, but they don't accept reservations. Some activities might require a small fee, but I believe that most, if not all are free. They offer small arts and crafts projects, but an adult must be present with the child(ren). They place a sign everyday outside the Cub's Den advertising the activity:

I have more Cub's Den information and a few photos HERE.

Quote:

No problem and you're not a moron. You can get the soy milk (as pictured on the previous page) from both the Mercantile and the CR, but I didn't see any bottled coffee beverages in the fridge at RF or the Mercantile, but you could ship them. They do have a Nescafe coffee machine at RF.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinkPirateMom View Post
I just booked the Cubs Den for my son (3 years and 9 months old) for an evening during our trip. I'm sure he will love it there. He really likes being around other kids. I'm not certain what we are doing that evening but we will let DD16 choose. She is excited to have a night free from her little brother.

One of the last things on my Disney To Do List is to order a 2 tiered mini cake from the Cake Hotline for our anniversary

3 weeks from today we will be checking in at the Wilderness Lodge

Wishing everyone leaving soon a very magical trip! It looks like you may catch some sneak peeks of FLE
We'd love to see a photos of your cake. Are you packing this weekend?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susieo View Post
It is and they are.... We're the family for tomorrow..... So excited!!
There were actually a lot of dates we could haven chosen when we checked in.... Have a great trip!
Thank you for posting that information, Susieo
Old 10-14-2012, 01:20 PM   #1283
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

Exclamation

Here is the link to the October Activities flyer. However, it notes that there is a separate Halloween flyer, but it was not posted.
Old 10-14-2012, 03:07 PM   #1284
EmmaMagsMom
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWKOOK
Here is the link to the October Activities flyer. However, it notes that there is a separate Halloween flyer, but it was not posted.
Thanks Kook for the info! My girls love the pool parties. Only 16 more days
Old 10-14-2012, 06:49 PM   #1285
luvallprincesses
DIS Veteran

Thanks for the thorough Den's Club info, Kook! I knew about the pool activities, but the indoor crafts, etc. will be a nice downtime option for DD11 (and myself) while her little brother (and certainly DH) take an afternoon nap, especially if the weather isn't cooperating for outdoor activities.

Next question: Are we able to purchase MVMCP tickets the day of the party (if there is still availability) at the concierge? The day we would like to go to the party, we plan on spending the day at AK rather than MK so we wouldn't be at MK to see if it is still available to buy the tickets. (We don't want to go if it is sold out, or if the weather isn't good so we are not purchasing ahead of time.)

Aug 1997 CBR, April 2005 POP, May 2005 ASM
Dec 2006 POP, Nov/Dec 2009 POR, Nov/Dec 2011 POFQ
Nov/Dec 2012 WL Jan 2014 BC
Old 10-14-2012, 07:58 PM   #1286
jcaboose
Earning My Ears

5 days!!!

We spilled the beans to our kids via a scavenger hunt, and their reaction was priceless.
I showed them the pictures of the WL, and their jaws hit the floor - "It's like a huge mansion!!!" They started exploring the Disney website, and so far want to go on EVERYTHING.

Friday can't come soon enough.
Old 10-14-2012, 08:42 PM   #1287
Macavity
DIS Veteran

Online check-in tomorrow.... Why does time seem to be passing slowly?

Last edited by Macavity; 10-16-2012 at 08:06 PM.
Old 10-15-2012, 08:34 AM   #1288
yolie912
DIS Veteran

So as you already know we don't have the CL for our last nite. My hubby will talk to CL as you suggested. I was asking him last nite where did he book us and he said the POP Century because he always wanted to try out that place. Do you think it will be very disappointing after being at CL the week before?
Should I tell him to get a regular room at the WL? What do you guys think of POP?

Thanks again!!
Old 10-15-2012, 09:01 AM   #1289
RedfromNL
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by yolie912 View Post
So as you already know we don't have the CL for our last nite. My hubby will talk to CL as you suggested. I was asking him last nite where did he book us and he said the POP Century because he always wanted to try out that place. Do you think it will be very disappointing after being at CL the week before?
Should I tell him to get a regular room at the WL? What do you guys think of POP?

Thanks again!!
It might, it might not. But if he always wanted to try it, why not? At least it's only one night, if it's not your resort you won't have to stay for a whole vacation or take time and effort to change it
Old 10-15-2012, 09:32 AM   #1290
yolie912
DIS Veteran

Has anyone stayed at POP before? How do you like it?

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: