Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 10-14-2012, 03:07 AM   #1726
tiki23
Able to leap a double stroller in a single *splat*
A hot glue gun was my best friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2disneycruzrs View Post
I agree with this. It's amazing folks complaining yet they walk all over the theme parks daily.
Exactly!

I walk all over the theme parks, so I would appreciate not having to walk so far at my resort. To each their own - if we choose not to stay at LM again maybe it will leave more room for you.
1st Trip! 11/06 POP~ Christmas Time W/Mom 12/07 POP~ Just Me DL 3/08~ Mom-Son 8/08 POP~Fam & Friends 10/08 DLR~Reunion 9/09 ASMU~Sisters! 9/10 POFQ~ 3/11 w/DD's choir ASMu~ 5/12 EE Challenge w/Sis POP ~w/DH 9/12 AoA~ ToT Run/Reunion 10/13 POP! ~ ASP w/Sis Princess Wknd 2/14 DLand Half Marathon 8/14 11/14 Avenger Half Marathon
Old 10-14-2012, 04:07 AM   #1727
pinkerbell
FREE DDP 06, 07, 08, 09 & 10!!

Just back from LM

I also like a fridge, but as a earlier poster noted, loosing that space is is tuff, especially for a family of four who stays 2 weeks or more. What we do is bring sweater and shoe fabric storage holder/hangers. One of each, they have velcro on the top and wrap over the bar where you hang clothes, they take up little space as they collapse, I alos bring hangers. For us, there is no way around it, and they work fine. we also bring an over the door shoe holder for all h&b aid stuff. We have two princesses and they have lots of extras
I took many pics of the resort, the rooms, safe, fridge, etc, Is the easiest way to post them to put them on photobucket and then copy and paste the links? There are a LOT
Summer 87 Magic Kingdom College Program, 4 93, 4 94 and 3 95, 3 & 10 96, 10 98, 5 99, 10 01, 10 02, 10 04 & 10 05 off property 5 05 and 10 06 ASSports 9 07, 9 08 & 9 09 ASMo, POR 2 10, POP 4 10 and ASMo 9 10, ASMo 9 11, Dolphin 2 12, POP 4 12, AoA 9 12, Dolphin 1 13, POP 4 13 Dolphin 1 14 POP 4 14
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-14-2012, 07:08 AM   #1728
Winue
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiki23

Exactly!

I walk all over the theme parks, so I would appreciate not having to walk so far at my resort. To each their own - if we choose not to stay at LM again maybe it will leave more room for you.
Totally agree tiki23. Not sure why some have such an issue with other people's own PERSONAL EXPERIENCE, likes and dislikes. If you don't agree, so be it. No need to argue and cause a stink.
Old 10-14-2012, 07:13 AM   #1729
Winue
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2disneycruzrs

One thing I appreciate is he smoking area was not immediately outside the main bldg doors like at Pop. It was nearby but you didn't come out and get overwhelmed by smoke.

As a non smoker and as someone who has kids with medical issues, I found that the smoking area was too close to the entrance of the bldg. often, when exiting the building, I could smell the smoke instantly, and walking by on the path, the smell was overwhelming too. But it could just be that way due to sensitivities. I will be writing to Disney about that though, as I noticed it throughout the parks as well.
Old 10-14-2012, 07:45 AM   #1730
Tigger's ally
Segway test dummy

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvmyguyz View Post
Thanks for the storage suggestions. I do have collapsible "drawer organizers" from IKEA that I think wuld be helpful for storing smaller items on the rack above the closet. I will also try to find the hanging bins that a few of you mentioned. I'm worried about how much we'll have to pack because we're not sure of the weather in November, and I never trust weather reports that are more than 3 days out. We've never gone on vacation for more than a week. Ten days of clothing is a LOT - I think I am going to have to plan a laundry day in the middle of our vacation!!
Just a tip from this guy. On a ten day trip, I always do laundry, probably twice. I always hear from people on here that they "don't want to do laundry on vacation" but the first time I did changed my outlook. Disney has done a great job with the laundry facilities at most value and moderates. They have put them down by the pool and in the case of moderates they have them near the pool bars as well. If you don't drink, the pool bars have wonderful lemonades, non alchoholic slushes and mixes, and in my case, they have cold beer and a place to bide the time. Take a book, or tan, or just lay on a lounge chair in the shade with your cell phone alarm set to wake you up. It is a great little break from the non stop disney days. Their washers and dryers are quicker than yours at home albeit expensive. For me, two afternoon stints of about 4 hours apiece not only refreshes our clothes, but this disnut as well. Beats the heck out of packing and hauling and paying for two more suitcases!
Old 10-14-2012, 08:18 AM   #1731
Miss Mo
DIS Veteran

Help us decide!

Hi All! Not been over here for a while as been Disney free for over a year now

Anyway, providing DH gets his holidays authorised for next year it looks like we'll be coming home next July!!

We were planning 2 weeks at AoA but I'm now worried that may be a bit full on for 2 weeks. We would be looking at a LM room as there are only 3 of us, myself, DH and DS who'll be 5. We stayed at Pop once before and enjoyed it but didn't love the food court and have stayed at mods every other time and loved them. Now wondering if we should maybe do 5 nights at AoA and the rest at a mod or at OKW/SS as they are doing v good deals with free dining from the UK at the moment.

The cheapest option for us is 2 weeks at AoA obviously but for a a few hundred £ more we would have full dining plan too so it probably works out more or less the same.

What would you do?

Thanks!

mo x
Old 10-14-2012, 09:48 AM   #1732
momtwoboys
DIS Veteran

welcome back Pinkerbelle! Post the pics so we can see them!!!! Hope you had a great trip...come on over to the April thread to start planning for the next
DS (14)
Lily
Old 10-14-2012, 11:24 AM   #1733
Lemonademouth
DIS Veteran

384 days, have not yet booked as I am waiting for a refund from a cancelled cruise, but we decided on a little mermaid room at AoA. Excited to go back already.
Old 10-14-2012, 03:18 PM   #1734
bookgirl
I don't eat onions-they squelch when you bite into them
I don't eat raisins-they look like dried up bugs
Can we say food issues?

Quote:
I don't understand the hesitation - what is the downside to online check in?
If you have specific requests and you don't get them you then have to go to the regular checkin line anyway.

Online is best if you are willing to take what you get without requests.

Old 10-14-2012, 03:21 PM   #1735
stindall
Congress Tart

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2disneycruzrs View Post
I agree with this. It's amazing folks complaining yet they walk all over the theme parks daily.
I was just telling someone on here the same thing!

Oh god there's the yeti! - The Trip Report!.

- Sept 2008 Honeymoon @ Pop - Dec. 2009 surprise for dad @ Pop -
Sept. 2013 First solo trip @ Pop
- Sept. 2014 brother/sister trip @ pop!- Aug. 2015 DL @ Stanford Inn & Suites -

Old 10-14-2012, 09:39 PM   #1736
TinkandPooh
Mouseketeer

Location: CA....Never too far from the Mouse!!! When it comes to relocation if it's not near a Disney Park my husband may as well never ask because it will never happen!

Quote:
We flew to Miami for a cruise when our youngest was under 2, and we decided not to pay for a seat for him. We figured since we had multiple adults with us (my parents, my sister, plus DH and me), we could pass him around during the flight. We were also hoping the flight wouldn't be super booked and we could put him in his car seat. It did not work out in our favor, and it was not a pleasant flight - he wasn't able to fall asleep and was cranky the whole time, which made all of us pretty cranky too. Coming back was even worse because we spent 7 hours in the airport before the flight, so we were already cranky before the plane even took off!!

I would recommend purchasing a seat for your baby.
Thanks for the advice
We had already decided to purchase him a seat as well as book non stop direct flights to avoid long waits and things that could make him cranky.
The seat thing we did because I could not get it out of my head that it is safer for him and I would never ride with him on my lap in a motor vehicle so why would I do it on a plane? I kept thinking about what would happen if we hit major turbulance or had a rough landing or something, I wouldnt want to risk him getting hurt.

Cast Members: Me DH DD DD DD DS
Old 10-14-2012, 11:37 PM   #1737
Wiggs1034
Earning My Ears

Breakfast ideas... Is there anywhere at AofA to buy milk for breakfast in our room? I assume the food court sells small containers of milk. Anything bigger - or orange juice? We will be without a car and would like to avoid expensive breakfasts if we can.
Old 10-15-2012, 08:15 AM   #1738
jenjie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wiggs1034
Breakfast ideas... Is there anywhere at AofA to buy milk for breakfast in our room? I assume the food court sells small containers of milk. Anything bigger - or orange juice? We will be without a car and would like to avoid expensive breakfasts if we can.
Yes they sell half gallons of milk.
October 1996 ~ March 2003 ~ August 2012
Old 10-15-2012, 08:33 AM   #1739
Mom2Luci
Mouseketeer

Here now. Checked in last night. Got my requests and then some. We're in building 9. This resort is absolutely beautiful!
Old 10-15-2012, 08:56 AM   #1740
TammiDZ
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mom2Luci View Post
Here now. Checked in last night. Got my requests and then some. We're in building 9. This resort is absolutely beautiful!
Have a great vacation!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: