Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read





Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 10-15-2012, 06:33 AM   #46
Disney_Princess83
DIS Veteran
 
Disney_Princess83's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 5,468

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2rtk View Post
My understanding is that has changed just within the last few days.
Yes, it's been Jasmine and then Rapunzel with Jasmine was busy
__________________

Almost 6 Weeks at Disney.... it's Happened! October & November 2013! Trip Report and Food Review to Follow Soon

Starbucks has arrived at WDW! MK, EPCOT and soon the entire World!
Add me on Twitter: @OzGoofyPrincess
Disney_Princess83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 06:48 AM   #47
BigGreen73
DIS Veteran
 
BigGreen73's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Maine
Posts: 2,769

Cool Characters

Quote:
Originally Posted by chikita View Post
I agree and while I have your attention, I think Disney is missing something here. Meeting characters has become a very hot thing, I can't for the life of me understand why they would not take advantage of that.

Along with the characters currently available to meet, I wish they would start thinking of making more obscure characters available and using the beautiful settings and backdrops around the parks for character meet and greets. While I can't wait to see all of the new things at Magic Kingdom, they do not always have to spend millions and millions of dollars to make guest happy and make a huge impact.
1st want to say hi neighbor.

But I am also surprised that WDW overall hasn't ramped up the character meet and greats in all the parks. The characters have become must do attractions for people of all ages now. My 1st trip was in 2004, at that point it was basically; Oh look there's Chip n Dale etc, let's get a pic. There was barely a line and it took less than 10mins. That was the norm for our next few trips as well. Now, you need to know who you want to see and you need get in line early or you're waiting 30mins plus. It's crazy. This is just prven by MK added FP's for Mickey and the Princesses. That has to say something.

The parks have plenty of room to add characters and it surprises me that they don't. How great would it be if DHS had scheduled meet and great in the streets, that no one goes to now, from open to close?

Anyway, I think that with Belle at ML, things may change when more and more guests voice how they do not like how the Belle show and "greets" are now.
__________________
May 04: Grand Floridian & All Star Movies. May 05: Pop Century Resort. May 06: Pop Century Resort. May 07: Pop Century Resort. Dec 07: Pop Century Resort. April 08: Yacht & Beach Club Resort May 09: Port Orleans French Quarter Sept 10: Port Orleans French Quarter Sept 2012: Art of Animation

Next WDW Vacation staying at POFQ......
BigGreen73 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 10-15-2012, 06:48 AM   #48
GreenCntryGirl
The DIS keeps me up past my bedtime.
 
GreenCntryGirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 798

You need a very special person to get that type of "play" set up in such a short amount of time. The CM is really trying to get everything in place but I would have had a challenging time getting my class organized for something like that spur of the moment even if I had been working with them for a year. Some children aren't going to want to "act." They will want to simply listen.

I'll be curious to see how and IF they make any changes to the set up.

ETA: And the number of adults these children must deal with...I counted 3 working with the "cast"? That's not good. Most children need to build a relationship with an adult before jumping in to something like that with one person.
GreenCntryGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 07:11 AM   #49
mom2rtk
DIS Veteran
 
mom2rtk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 28,782

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigGreen73 View Post
1st want to say hi neighbor.

But I am also surprised that WDW overall hasn't ramped up the character meet and greats in all the parks. The characters have become must do attractions for people of all ages now. My 1st trip was in 2004, at that point it was basically; Oh look there's Chip n Dale etc, let's get a pic. There was barely a line and it took less than 10mins. That was the norm for our next few trips as well. Now, you need to know who you want to see and you need get in line early or you're waiting 30mins plus. It's crazy. This is just prven by MK added FP's for Mickey and the Princesses. That has to say something.

The parks have plenty of room to add characters and it surprises me that they don't. How great would it be if DHS had scheduled meet and great in the streets, that no one goes to now, from open to close?

Anyway, I think that with Belle at ML, things may change when more and more guests voice how they do not like how the Belle show and "greets" are now.

What you say makes a lot of sense. They seem to have an awareness that their desire to build attendance requires more things to occupy bodies (hence SOTMK). Adding more characters seems like a great way of doing that. Yet all they do is continue to cut back. Kenny the Pirate did a great writeup on this just recently:

http://kennythepirate.com/2012/10/12...ns-and-losses/

People really need to continue to write in and complain. Oh, and I need a few volunteer kids to have meltdowns when they find out they can't meet her at the end of the show. (OK, maybe kidding on that)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenCntryGirl View Post
You need a very special person to get that type of "play" set up in such a short amount of time. The CM is really trying to get everything in place but I would have had a challenging time getting my class organized for something like that spur of the moment even if I had been working with them for a year. Some children aren't going to want to "act." They will want to simply listen.

I'll be curious to see how and IF they make any changes to the set up.

ETA: And the number of adults these children must deal with...I counted 3 working with the "cast"? That's not good. Most children need to build a relationship with an adult before jumping in to something like that with one person.
Yes, they seem to be oblivious to this consideration and how it impacts a child getting to "meet" Belle at all.

I'm guessing they think people will be so awed by their amazing new attraction that they won't even notice that they can't get a photo with Belle. Uh....... nope. Good luck with that.
mom2rtk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 07:35 AM   #50
luvmy2babies
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 2,315

Well drat!

Can I write in even though I haven't been yet? We won't go again until May, but we are on the back end of the princess phase as it is. My daughter had an incredible M&G with Belle last trip (lessons on twirling a puffy dress, hugs, a conversation about being a princess, practicing the princess wave) and I know she's looking forward to seeing her again.

And will Rapunzel and Cinderella only be at CRT in MK now or did I read that wrong?

Guess I'll make breakfast reservations at Akershus just in case. We like it there anyway.
__________________
Me DD 11 DS, 4

June 2012: Going with the flow with Tropical Storm Debby TR (1st 5 days): http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2953583
June 2013: Our Disney World Road Trip TR: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3137685
May 2014: Best trip yet. Working on the TR
luvmy2babies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 07:46 AM   #51
Disneymadhouse
DIS Veteran
 
Disneymadhouse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Northampton, England
Posts: 985

Hi - can anyone confirm that Rapunzel has now replaced Belle at CRT?

Thanks

Claire
__________________
1994 WDW1999 Polynesian/Disney Magic2002 All star Sports2005 Disneyland2007 WDW Maingate Lakeside2012 OKW2014 Disney Magic 2015 ASMu/ Disney Dream



Disneymadhouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 07:51 AM   #52
Queen2PrincessG
DIS Veteran
 
Queen2PrincessG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Grand Floridian
Posts: 2,983

UGh this is so disappointing! But there can only be a few scenarios that will be the end result:
They will have to add a meet and greet with Belle
Meeting Belle in France is going to become a zoo
Booking at Akerus is going to be crazy

I don't think Rapunzel is at CRT. It would be great if they added Belle and then switched her out with Merida or Rapunzel when the Storytime occurs.
__________________


Last edited by Queen2PrincessG; 10-15-2012 at 07:56 AM.
Queen2PrincessG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 08:07 AM   #53
mom2rtk
DIS Veteran
 
mom2rtk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 28,782

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvmy2babies View Post
Well drat!

Can I write in even though I haven't been yet? We won't go again until May, but we are on the back end of the princess phase as it is. My daughter had an incredible M&G with Belle last trip (lessons on twirling a puffy dress, hugs, a conversation about being a princess, practicing the princess wave) and I know she's looking forward to seeing her again.

And will Rapunzel and Cinderella only be at CRT in MK now or did I read that wrong?

Guess I'll make breakfast reservations at Akershus just in case. We like it there anyway.
Absolutely you can write in! How else will they get it changed before your trip!

And Cindy and Rapunzel are in Town Square Theater now. Cindy of course is at CRT. My understanding is that Jasmine is the princess replacing Belle at CRT and that Rapunzel just filled in when Jasmine couldn't make it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disneymadhouse View Post
Hi - can anyone confirm that Rapunzel has now replaced Belle at CRT?

Thanks

Claire
See my comment above. Rapunzel was at CRT this week, but my understanding is that it was just as a fill-in for Jasmine. But yes, Belle is gone from there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queen2PrincessG View Post
UGh this is so disappointing! But there can only be a few scenarios that will be the end result:
They will have to add a meet and greet with Belle
Meeting Belle in France is going to become a zoo
Booking at Akerus is going to be crazy

I don't think Rapunzel is at CRT. It would be great if they added Belle and then switched her out with Merida or Rapunzel when the Storytime occurs.
Please write in and let them know how you feel. It just seem so backwards to me that Belle has this awesome new village, and the minute it opens.......... you can't meet her.

The meet & greet was an important and charming part of the old Belle's Storytime. I love what I've seen of the new attraction, but it needs that component put back. And they won't do that unless they hear from their guests that they need to.
mom2rtk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 08:09 AM   #54
Disney_Princess83
DIS Veteran
 
Disney_Princess83's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 5,468

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disneymadhouse View Post
Hi - can anyone confirm that Rapunzel has now replaced Belle at CRT?

Thanks

Claire
No Rapunzel appears to be a short term replacement, it will be Jasmine shortly.
__________________

Almost 6 Weeks at Disney.... it's Happened! October & November 2013! Trip Report and Food Review to Follow Soon

Starbucks has arrived at WDW! MK, EPCOT and soon the entire World!
Add me on Twitter: @OzGoofyPrincess
Disney_Princess83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 08:19 AM   #55
Good Morning Dewdrop
DIS Veteran
 
Good Morning Dewdrop's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: NC
Posts: 3,591

oh boy am I behind - I thought BOG was NOT a character meal?! Now I'm gathering Beast is there - are there other characters at that meal (I'm assuming it's dinner since lunch is CS)?

I hope this is all sorted out (in terms of Disney realizing this Belle event is not going to work all that well for the kids) before we go in January.
__________________
Previous Magical Adventures:
  • AP #3 September 2013 - AS Music; November 2013 - AS Music; January 2014 - AS Music; May 2014 SWW AS Music
    AP #2 January 2013 - AS Music: October 2012 - AS Music; September 2012 - AoA - LM opening day!; April 2012 - AS Sports; January/February 2012 - AS Music
  • AP #1 September 2011 - AS Music; May 2011 - AS Music - D23 Scavenger Hunt - Team "Pixie Dust"!!; February 2011 - AS Music; December 2010 - POFQ; September 2010 - AS Music
  • September 2009 - AS Music & CBR
  • January 2009 - AS Music
  • January 2008 - POP
  • January 2007 - AS Movies

Our new favorite thing to do (between Disney trips) is posting DHs photos on foap - he's under guanojoe (how funny is that?!)
Good Morning Dewdrop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 08:22 AM   #56
mom2rtk
DIS Veteran
 
mom2rtk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 28,782

Quote:
Originally Posted by Good Morning Dewdrop View Post
oh boy am I behind - I thought BOG was NOT a character meal?! Now I'm gathering Beast is there - are there other characters at that meal (I'm assuming it's dinner since lunch is CS)?

I hope this is all sorted out (in terms of Disney realizing this Belle event is not going to work all that well for the kids) before we go in January.
No, it's not a character meal. Word on the street in the village is that Beast will be out front for photos on the way in to eat, but no more characters. And yes, that will just be dinner.
mom2rtk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 08:22 AM   #57
mesaboy2
Using a certain word brings out a special kind of cray-cray

 
mesaboy2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Jacksonville, FL
Posts: 24,844

Quote:
Originally Posted by Good Morning Dewdrop View Post
oh boy am I behind - I thought BOG was NOT a character meal?! Now I'm gathering Beast is there - are there other characters at that meal (I'm assuming it's dinner since lunch is CS)?

I hope this is all sorted out (in terms of Disney realizing this Belle event is not going to work all that well for the kids) before we go in January.
Since BOG hasn't opened yet, we're all speculating. But there was a recent report that Beast would appear as you arrive (like Cindy at CRT or Belle at Akershus). No other characters have entered the conversation for BOG.

Stay tuned.

ETA: Once again, mom2rtk and I say the same thing at the same time. I should probably just stay away when she's around.
__________________
WDW: 45 visits (4 MNSSHPs, 1 MVMCP, and 400+ M&Gs);
DLR: 1 visit DLH; Tokyo: 1 visit; DCL: 1 5-night Dream; Universal Orlando: 11 visits
The Six-Park Six-Pack: 6 parks, 14 rides, 1 day -- 11/06/11
Mesaboy's DLR Trip Report -- The Quest To See Dumbo Fly

FastPass+ Basic Information, Attraction List, and Suggested Priorities
MyMagic & FastPass+ Official Information & FAQ (courtesy andyman8)
Magic Bands 101 (courtesy MouseMomx2)
mesaboy2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 08:27 AM   #58
ktlm
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 6,118

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2rtk View Post
. Oh, and I need a few volunteer kids to have meltdowns when they find out they can't meet her at the end of the show. (OK, maybe kidding on that)



Yes, they seem to be oblivious to this consideration and how it impacts a child getting to "meet" Belle at all.

I'm guessing they think people will be so awed by their amazing new attraction that they won't even notice that they can't get a photo with Belle. Uh....... nope. Good luck with that.
I'm afraid my child will be "volunteering" to provide that meltdown for you if she doesn't get a hug and photo with Belle! I
'm pretty sure I can see how that attraction is going to end for us.

She never cared for the Belle Storytime because as much as she usually loves shows, she was always bored to tears with the little play with the kids. She only sat through it for one reason- to get a hug, autograph and photo with Belle. I have a feeling Enchanted Tales with Belle is not going to go well for us. Since she is 6 now, there is a chance she will not blow up (although character meet and greets are still her favorite thing at WDW, so we will have to see)- but at ages 2-5, it would have been ugly. Now, she is more the type to walk up to the closest CM and tell them what she thinks of the new set up- she spent plenty of time on our last trip telling every CM at the Snow White ride what she thought about the fact they were closing it. I may have to take her to Guest Services after Enchanted Tales with Belle.
ktlm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 08:27 AM   #59
Disneymadhouse
DIS Veteran
 
Disneymadhouse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Northampton, England
Posts: 985

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2rtk View Post
See my comment above. Rapunzel was at CRT this week, but my understanding is that it was just as a fill-in for Jasmine. But yes, Belle is gone from there.

.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Disney_Princess83 View Post
No Rapunzel appears to be a short term replacement, it will be Jasmine shortly.
Thanks for your replies

Claire
__________________
1994 WDW1999 Polynesian/Disney Magic2002 All star Sports2005 Disneyland2007 WDW Maingate Lakeside2012 OKW2014 Disney Magic 2015 ASMu/ Disney Dream



Disneymadhouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 08:29 AM   #60
mom2rtk
DIS Veteran
 
mom2rtk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 28,782

Quote:
Originally Posted by mesaboy2 View Post
Since BOG hasn't opened yet, we're all speculating. But there was a recent report that Beast would appear as you arrive (like Cindy at CRT or Belle at Akershus). No other characters have entered the conversation for BOG.

Stay tuned.

ETA: Once again, mom2rtk and I say the same thing at the same time. I should probably just stay away when she's around.
LOL. Can you tell I'm on this one?

I had swallowed hard on the "no Belle" thing. And just as I was sort of accepting it, they tell me no Belle at MVMCP either. That sort of pushed me over the edge.....
mom2rtk is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:20 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.